Beta version of v0.6.12 available

Discussions of the development process of the game.
oskarwiksten
Captain Awesome
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Re: Beta version of v0.6.12 available

Post by oskarwiksten »

Johan wrote:Yes, I noticed it in the first alpha but apparently my post went unnoticed.
I think that fixing it is as simple as renaming the map since the name seem to determine which world map the map ends up on (if any).
Sorry for not replying earlier, Johan.

The reason for it (woodcave0.tmx) not being on the worldmap is, embarrasingly enough, that the map dimensions would make it overlap with other maps on the worldmap. With the surrounding maps aligned by their main walkways, the space between wild0.tmx (to the west) and roadbeforecrossroads.tmx (to the east) is only 8 tiles. woodcave0.tmx is 15 tiles wide, which would make it overlap on one of them. With the new maps of the rest of the Duleian road that are planned for v0.7.0, it's better to keep the main maps aligned.

We should have implemented the worldmap earlier, in order to spot errors like these :) Well spotted though, Johan!
/Oskar
Sarumar
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Sarumar »

Ikhtus wrote:Another newbie here at the forums o/
I've been playing 3-4 weeks now (v0.6.11) with Samsung Galaxy S2, I really enjoy this game. Thank you! I would like to do a finnish translation as well, when I have the free time in next few months. I hope there are other players from finland to help me :)

I just updated AT to v0.6.12 and here's first two thoughts:

Save game confirmation should be an option - I consider myself as a hardcore saver, so it annoys me to confirm a save game every time.

Popup inventory (or quick slots) worked better, when you only have to push one button to open or close it. Now you have to first open the little menu and then open quick slots. I know this sounds like whining about small matters, but still, I liked the old one better. Perhaps map button should be somewhere else (e.g. in player menu?).

Well anyway, keep up the great work! :)
Welcom on the forums Ikhtus. It is always nice to meet another Finn here ;)

Let me know if and how I can help you with translation... RPG in finnish text ... :shock: ... rare one ...

good hunting
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1
Johan
android_version: 5.1 - Lolipop

Post by Johan »

@Oskar. No worries. You have more important things to do than write in the forum. ;)

I never thought of the possibility that the missing map could be a size issue. I guess I was fooled by the spacing between the maps in the world map.
Sarumar
VIP

Post by Sarumar »

Sarumar wrote:Im not sure if this is a bug or are im just too fast ;)

See the screencapture... im in Remgard with condition which i get in spider cave...
Actor effects are not triggered if I kill monster in first round :twisted: But counter of six second is dropped to zero... So i can travel quite long with some conditition.

IMO those schould triggered after every battle.
Last edited by Sarumar on Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sarumar

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1
nyktos
VIP
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Post by nyktos »

if i am reading this right, a one hit kill should count as a six second round.
thus, lowering the remainder of rounds on actor conditions remaining active.

good point sarumar!
"Embrace the Shadow"

[Lv: 60] [HP: 175] [AC: 361] [AD: 25-39] [BC: 75]
[Dual Wielding Swords] [Unarmored Fighting]
Sarumar
VIP

Post by Sarumar »

nyktos wrote: if i am reading this right, a one hit kill should count as a six second round.
thus, lowering the remainder of rounds on actor conditions remaining active.

good point sarumar!

yes, you got it right ! Despite the spelling errors :? .... :D

So nowadays im rarely hit by monster... but if the poop hits on the fan it goes away only when i rest or waiting for respawn ;)
Sarumar

qasur

Post by qasur »

On the world map, the map two maps east of the Iquan Cave is not aligned properly.

Also, as just a question, has anyone thought of fixing the original maps Oskar made so the tree lines match better?

While very minor, it would bring a polished look to those original maps that is missing.
sdevaney
Site Admin
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by sdevaney »

qasur wrote:On the world map, the map two maps east of the Iquan Cave is not aligned properly.

Also, as just a question, has anyone thought of fixing the original maps Oskar made so the tree lines match better?

While very minor, it would bring a polished look to those original maps that is missing.
We have those things on the list.