v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Beta version of v0.6.12 available

Discussions of the development process of the game.
oskarwiksten
Captain Awesome
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Beta version of v0.6.12 available

Post by oskarwiksten »

Hi,

first of all, a big thank you to everyone that has downloaded the alpha for v0.6.12 and tried it on various devices. The input that we get from you is invaluable in being able to release a quality product to Google Play. Without your help, we wouldn't be able to make such a great game.

Anyway, the first beta for v0.6.12 is now available from the usual location:
http://code.google.com/p/andors-trail/downloads/list

Changes since v0.6.12a1:
  • Worldmap files will not show up in gallery views.
  • Setting to disable UI animations (such as the combat bar)
  • Added sign areas to all graves (thanks Ian for the idea!)
  • Always show confirmation dialog box when overwriting a savegame
  • Sell 50 bonemeal potions at a time, instead of 10.
  • Center small maps on device, instead of being in the top left corner.
  • Finally fixed the graphics glitch that some people had reported about v0.6.12a1.
Please report any errors that you might find, so that we can fix them before going fully public with this release!

Thank you all for helping with the beta testing! Hopefully, we can release this to Google Play soon, and start working on the exciting new stuff for v0.7.0.
/Oskar
oskarwiksten
Captain Awesome

Re: Beta version of v0.6.12 available

Post by oskarwiksten »

Also, I forgot to add: a huge thank you goes out to everyone that helped hunt down the redrawing bug. As it turns out, the bug had to do with the worldmap renderer colliding with the usual display renderer. Any developers that might be interested in the coding details for it are welcome to read the blogpost about it:
https://plus.google.com/104355661764018 ... 6wEj4dyHBa
/Oskar
Samuel
VIP
android_version: 2.2

Post by Samuel »

Can you update the repository, so we can update translations before the release? (for example: "enable animations")
Level: 101, XP: 18780586, Gold: 358739
HP: 398, AC: 303%, AD: 84-95, AP: 4, ECC: 12, CM: -, BC: 13%, DR: 0
RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 1, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 2, VSH: 1, WMC: 0, GoW: 0
SuFiC8
android_version: 1.6 - Donut

Post by SuFiC8 »

I am unable to download this version :( its usually not a problem as I have the alpha version...
^SuFiC8^
LvL-100 :evil:
ExP-18,083,212
RoLS-0 GoLF-1
ElyR-1 ShaF-1
RoL-0 SRoV-2
ChaR-3 VSH-0
sdevaney
Site Admin
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by sdevaney »

SuFiC8 wrote:I am unable to download this version :( its usually not a problem as I have the alpha version...
Just tried myself and I can download the apk successfully from a computer and my device. Can you provide any more information as to what the exact issue is?
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

oskarwiksten wrote: [*] Always show confirmation dialog box when overwriting a savegame.
Is it suppost to ask EVERY time you go to save the file (it says that the file is a differnet name and asks if i wish to continue) ? I am a manic saver in my game and it's kinda annoying to be honest.
"overwrite savegame?
This savegame contains a different player name (noob) than your current player name (noob). Are you sure you want to overwrite this savegame?
"
((notice the names on the file are exactly the same))
oskarwiksten wrote: [*] Sell 50 bonemeal potions at a time, instead of 10.
WooT! Just got back to Fallhaven to restock my potion supplies. 50 is much better than 10

Excellent work! :mrgreen:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SuFiC8
android_version: 1.6 - Donut

Post by SuFiC8 »

sdevaney wrote:
SuFiC8 wrote:I am unable to download this version :( its usually not a problem as I have the alpha version...
Just tried myself and I can download the apk successfully from a computer and my device. Can you provide any more information as to what the exact issue is?
I am on a Virgin Mobile LG android... it shows " download unsuccessful " in my notification bar.. no other details.. could be my sd card is full or phone storage is full.. :/
^SuFiC8^
LvL-100 :evil:
ExP-18,083,212
RoLS-0 GoLF-1
ElyR-1 ShaF-1
RoL-0 SRoV-2
ChaR-3 VSH-0
Sarumar
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Sarumar »

oskarwiksten wrote:Hi,

first of all, a big thank you to everyone that has downloaded the alpha for v0.6.12 and tried it on various devices. The input that we get from you is invaluable in being able to release a quality product to Google Play. Without your help, we wouldn't be able to make such a great game.

Anyway, the first beta for v0.6.12 is now available from the usual location:
http://code.google.com/p/andors-trail/downloads/list

Changes since v0.6.12a1:
  • Worldmap files will not show up in gallery views.
  • Setting to disable UI animations (such as the combat bar)
  • Added sign areas to all graves (thanks Ian for the idea!)
  • Always show confirmation dialog box when overwriting a savegame
  • Sell 50 bonemeal potions at a time, instead of 10.
  • Center small maps on device, instead of being in the top left corner.
  • Finally fixed the graphics glitch that some people had reported about v0.6.12a1.
Please report any errors that you might find, so that we can fix them before going fully public with this release!

Thank you all for helping with the beta testing! Hopefully, we can release this to Google Play soon, and start working on the exciting new stuff for v0.7.0.
♡♡♡ Thank you ♡♡♡

♡ No graphics glitch anymore
♡ I love those sign in tombstones
♡ Big thank for option to disable UI animations

- new confirmation dialog box when saving confuses me. Now i do not anymore know are im saving over current build or some another with different name. IMO the old way was better.

Edited and add following:

Places with weird world map;

-In Flagstone prison there is no map until the screen where you need to know "daylight shadow" . For now on there is map..

- Why BlackWater area map is not part of thd world map ?

-Why there is no map in bug and spider cave
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

Sarumar wrote: - new confirmation dialog box when saving confuses me. Now i do not anymore know are im saving over current build or some another with different name. IMO the old way was better.
I agree! This conformation message makes me scared that i am saving over another file. The old set up was a lot better.

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

Laggh

Post by Laggh »

This map is very sweet... You can scroll and zoom! Thanks to everyone involved! :D

One thing I noticed which could be a spoiler is that you see everything in the tile once you set foot in the tile (ie Flagstone Prison)... then again, you have to invoke the map... so the option to be spoiled is up to the user.

Also, if your load another saved game and look at the map, you are able to scroll and view the locations your other character has visited.

Again, this map is a great addition to the game, You all deserve a round ;)
"I’m a newbie… go easy on me!"
Updated on 11/16/12
Lvl35 XP788k Gold64k HP72 AP3/12 AC232% AD24-31 CHS43 CM3.0 BC48% DR1
WeAc(1) HaHi(1) MoCr(1) CoSp(2) InFo(2) Rege(1)
Rols(2) Rol(0) Elyr(0) Char(0) Golf(0) Shaf(1) Srov(0) Vsh(0)