v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Translation - Spanish

Discussions of the development process of the game.
ricewind
android_version: 4.0

Translation - Spanish

Post by ricewind »

--- English version below ---

Hola a todos!

Me ha sorprendido que no hubiese ninguna traducción al castellano de Andor's Trail, así que pensé que podría devolver parte de las horas que este fantástico juego me ha dado.

Estoy empezando una traducción desde la versión 0.6.12 que está ahora mismo en el repositorio. Si hay alguien interesado en ayudar que avise para no hacer doble trabajo :)

Gracias y buena caza!!

------------------------------------

Hi everybody!

I was surprised that there wasn't any translation to spanish of Andor's Trail so I think I could return some of the hours this great game have given to me.

I am starting translating from the 0.6.12 version already in the repository. If there is someone who would like to help please let me know in order not to make double work :)

Thanks a good hunting!!
Shiny!
oskarwiksten
Captain Awesome
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Re: Translation - Spanish

Post by oskarwiksten »

Sounds great, thanks ricewind! Seeing as how Spanish is the second most common language spoken in the world (Mandarin is #1), this would open up the world of Andor's Trail to a lot of potential new players.
Really excited to see what you can do, ricewind!
/Oskar
juanmapr

Post by juanmapr »

Hey!

I was thinking about the same. I'm Spanish as well and very passionate about games and languages. I would be more than happy to contribute to this project :)

Cheers!
nyktos
VIP
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Post by nyktos »

welcome to the forum!

it's always great to have more help!!!

:D
"Embrace the Shadow"

[Lv: 60] [HP: 175] [AC: 361] [AD: 25-39] [BC: 75]
[Dual Wielding Swords] [Unarmored Fighting]
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

juanmapr wrote:Hey!

I was thinking about the same. I'm Spanish as well and very passionate about games and languages. I would be more than happy to contribute to this project :)

Cheers!
Mucho gusto! (Nice to meet you)

Welcome to the forums! :mrgreen:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
juanmapr

Post by juanmapr »

Hello guys,

I tried to get in contact with the user who had the idea of translating the game but I haven't been able to do so, so I started anyway with the text in strings.xml. I have it nearly finished but I've got a question in order for me to provide the most accurate translation possible. :)

1. What does MP stands for? I know that AP is "action points" and HP is "health points".

In addition, I have found some bugs regarding consistency in language, spelling... I dont know if this is the right place to comment on them. Anyway, let me give some suggestions:

1. "I heard a story in Loneford, where it seemed like Andor had been in Loneford, and that he might have had something to do with the illness that the people are suffering from there."

I find the end of the sentence a bit weird and I would change the structure:
"I heard a story in Loneford, where it seemed like Andor had been in Loneford, and that he might have had something to do with the illness that the people from there are suffering."

(I am not a native speaker so please ask a native speaker of English to double-check)

2. I have found the word "bonemeal" written starting with a capital letter and with a lower-case letter. Is that intended? I would suggest changing all of them either to start with a capital letter or start with a lower-case letter for consistency.

3. When selecting an equiped weapon from the inventory, there is a missing space between the colon and the word after it.
Ex.
Iron club
Category:Mace

For consistency with the rest of the colon use throughout the game, I would include a space between the colon and the word after it. So it would be:
Category: Mace

4. Inconsistency in the writing of the abbreviation "HP". I have also found this abbreviation written in upper-case and in lowercase: hp/HP.

I would suggest changing all of them to upper-case.

5. Missing full stop in string:
"Increases amount of exp given by defeating monsters by %1$d %% for each skill level"

As the rest of this type of sentences are all written ending with a full stop, I would recommend finishing this one with another one for consistenct.

6. Inconsistency in the use of capital letters in conditions:

Ex.
"This includes conditions caused by monster attacks such as Poison or bleeding wounds."

This sentence makes reference to two kinds of conditions (Poison and Bleeding wounds), however they are written in a diferent way, one using a capital letter and the other one not doing so. I would suggest changing the words "Bleeding wounds" so that "Bleeding" starts with a capital letter.

7. When playing the game and browsing the different options in the menu "Preferences", there is an option called "Optimized drawing", the thing is that the text under is cut. The complete sentence is:

"Enabling this option will make the game only redraw changed parts of the screen every frame.”

But I just can read until "frame", leaving the end of the sentence ("frame.") out of sight:
"Enabling this option will make the game only redraw changed parts of the screen every"

That is all I have spotted so far. I hope it is helpful :)
pahsito
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

Post by pahsito »

Hola, parece que esto está un poco parado, no?

¿Alguna forma de ayudar?

---------------------------------------------

Hi, I think this is a little stand , no?

Any form of help ?
pahsito

Post by pahsito »

Ahora con el tema del Weblate parece fácil traducir el juego, pero es necesario invertir un poco de tiempo picando frases, ¿alguien se anima? Contenido del juego traducido 20%!!

Now with the theme of Weblate translate the game seems easy, but you need to invest a little time pecking phrases, anyone is encouraged? Translated game content 20% !!
Last edited by pahsito on Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zukero
Lead Developer
android_version: 8.0

Post by Zukero »

Please edit your post to include the English translation. Thanks.
Lvl: 78, XP: 8622632, Gold: 271542, RoLS: 1, ElyR: -, RoL: -, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 71, AC: 301%, AD: 38-47, AP: 3, ECC: 50%, CM: 3.75, BC: 101%, DR: 2
pahsito

Post by pahsito »

Aprovechando las nuevas actualizaciones y parte del contenido actualizado (estamos en un 21%), remoto este hilo para animar a seguir traduciendo, es extremadamente fácil, pero estamos hablando de 7000 frases.... ¿alguien se anima?

Taking advantage of the new updates and part of the updated content (we are at 21%), I return this thread to encourage further translation, it is extremely easy, but we are talking about 7000 sentences .... is anyone encouraged?