v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Display player stats

Discussions of the development process of the game.
oskarwiksten
Captain Awesome
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Display player stats

Post by oskarwiksten »

I've been working on refactoring how we store the player's and the monsters' stats. As you probably know, we have something on the player called the "base stats", which are the stats that are the stats that the player has, before any skills & equipment are applied. We also have "equipped stats", (also called "Combat stats (current)", which are the stats that are actually used in combat.

With the latest refactoring of these stats, I also toyed with how we display them on the player overview screen. In v0.6.12, we don't display the base stats for "reequip cost", "move cost" or "use item cost" - but in order to give the player as much info as possible, I think we should display them. This is how they currently look in a test build:

What are your opinions, should we display these stats or do they only clutter up the display of the combat stats? Should they be separated somewhere else? Can we display the player's stats in some other, more compact way? Should the base stats be displayed in some other way, to make the effective stats more apparent?
/Oskar
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Re: Display player stats

Post by Pyrizzle »

oskarwiksten wrote:I've been working on refactoring how we store the player's and the monsters' stats. As you probably know, we have something on the player called the "base stats", which are the stats that are the stats that the player has, before any skills & equipment are applied. We also have "equipped stats", (also called "Combat stats (current)", which are the stats that are actually used in combat.

With the latest refactoring of these stats, I also toyed with how we display them on the player overview screen. In v0.6.12, we don't display the base stats for "reequip cost", "move cost" or "use item cost" - but in order to give the player as much info as possible, I think we should display them. This is how they currently look in a test build:

What are your opinions, should we display these stats or do they only clutter up the display of the combat stats? Should they be separated somewhere else? Can we display the player's stats in some other, more compact way? Should the base stats be displayed in some other way, to make the effective stats more apparent?
i like the idea of having these stats added to the player statistics page.

The Use item cost and Move cost should definitly be displayed (expecially since there are so many pieces of equipment that can effect move cost and use item cost) , not sure if the Re-equip cost would be needed.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
sdevaney
Site Admin
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by sdevaney »

I agree with Pyro. I like that the info is there but I am unsure about the re-equip cost being needed. Maybe in the future if we have things that affect it.
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

I agree with Scott and Pyro as well.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
Sarumar
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Sarumar »

Echoing here :-) and how about Increased Fortitude, It affect on bace hp...
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

Sarumar wrote:Echoing here :-) and how about Increased Fortitude, It affect on bace hp...
Something like this?

Base HP: 25 (+39 from Increased Fortitude)

next level

Base HP: 25 (+40 from Increased Fortitude)

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

Sarumar
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Sarumar »

Pyrizzle wrote:
Sarumar wrote:Echoing here :-) and how about Increased Fortitude, It affect on bace hp...
Something like this?

Base HP: 25 (+39 from Increased Fortitude)

next level

Base HP: 25 (+40 from Increased Fortitude)
Or: Bace combat stats without equipment and skill except Increase Fortitude.

just a small thing
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1