v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Story/Quest Management

Discussions of the development process of the game.
playdroid

Story/Quest Management

Post by playdroid »

Hi all,

I'm working on helping-out with the story/quest management role here, and seeking some feedback from the devs. What information needs to be tracked, and to what end? What materials can I create and manage in this regard that will help you in your development? Just looking to brainstorm here.

So far, I've been working on both a zone connection map and a list of quests/tasks that tracks starting/ending location, trigger, description, and links to other quests if chained. I'm creating this list and map by playing the game from scratch.

How would you foresee using such materials? What details can I include to make them more valuable?

Ideas?
sdevaney
Site Admin
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Re: Story/Quest Management

Post by sdevaney »

Off the top of my head that sounds like the start of some very excellent and detailed wiki pages.

While Oskar has done some wiki pages about the development aspect of the game over on the google code page there isn't much in the way of story, game play explanation, or end user documentation anywhere and I think that is something that is needed to help build a better community of both end users and developers.