v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Translation in German

Discussions of the development process of the game.
Bomber
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Re: Translation in German

Post by Bomber »

Hi,
i started to translate the quest list language file. I have reformated the original file from Oskar according to the new style since 0.6.9 (every quest "milestone" in a single line) and added a revision information line. Would you add the reformated file, Oskar? Imo the rearrangement makes a clearer language file and the diffs for future translations would also be easier.

If you're interested: questlist.xml
Best regards,
Bomber

Post by oskarwiksten »

Thanks you both for your great translation effort!
Committed in r133.

Good work!

(Thank you Bomber for the heads-up on the formatting of questlist.xml also. I committed an indented version of questlist.xml now :) )
/Oskar
Samuel
VIP
android_version: 2.2

Post by Samuel »

"mead" is not "Fleisch" but "Met" or "Bier" or "Alkohol".
Level: 101, XP: 18780586, Gold: 358739
HP: 398, AC: 303%, AD: 84-95, AP: 4, ECC: 12, CM: -, BC: 13%, DR: 0
RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 1, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 2, VSH: 1, WMC: 0, GoW: 0
Bomber

Post by Bomber »

Samuel wrote:"mead" is not "Fleisch" but "Met" or "Bier" or "Alkohol".
Thanks, something got mixed up... meat... mead... :?
Best regards,
Bomber

Post by Gottkaiser »

I don't know whether this has already been changed, but in v 0.69 on the "about" page ( it is the page with the links to the forum and the project) "roguelike" has been translated to "schurkisch". This should be changed because rogue is a name of a game and should not be translated, there are two options:
1) call it "rogue ähnlich"
2) or just "roguelike" as a fixed expression
Level: 48, XP: 1968951, Gold: 160450
HP: 80, AC: 240%, AD: 22-26, BC: 65%
AP: 3, CC: 48%, CM: 3.75, DR: 0
RoLS: 1, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0, ChaR: 0, GoLF: 0, ShaF: 0
Samuel
VIP

Post by Samuel »

I did update the German translation for the new version 6.10.

The update includes:
- the new strings and small fixes
- actor conditions
- small fixes to the itemlist

What about the questlist bomber? Is it still a work in progress? ;)
RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 1, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 2, VSH: 1, WMC: 0, GoW: 0
Gottkaiser

Post by Gottkaiser »

I found a few typos, in the skill... translation, they are not big but I wanted to post them
1)
In the skill "Leichenesser" and "Regenaeration" the sentence of the prerequisite should be: "...werden mind. 40/60 LP benötigt" it probably is to much work to change this because it would be necessary to declare LP as an own prerequisite instead of being one of the stat prerequisites
2)
In the skill "wachsende Standhaftigkeit" the sentence should be: "...wird nicht rückwirkend angewandt..."
3)
In the skill "Fehlschläge meistern" the word "verlohrenen" should be without an h, "verloren"
4)
Last but not least :)
The translation of "questdriven"="questgetrieben" is a bit strange, perhaps "questlastig" would be better, but I'm not sure with this, I think it's subjectively
Level: 48, XP: 1968951, Gold: 160450
HP: 80, AC: 240%, AD: 22-26, BC: 65%
AP: 3, CC: 48%, CM: 3.75, DR: 0
RoLS: 1, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0, ChaR: 0, GoLF: 0, ShaF: 0
Samuel
VIP

Post by Samuel »

Gottkaiser wrote:I found a few typos, in the skill... translation, they are not big but I wanted to post them
1)
In the skill "Leichenesser" and "Regenaeration" the sentence of the prerequisite should be: "...werden mind. 40/60 LP benötigt" it probably is to much work to change this because it would be necessary to declare LP as an own prerequisite instead of being one of the stat prerequisites
2)
In the skill "wachsende Standhaftigkeit" the sentence should be: "...wird nicht rückwirkend angewandt..."
3)
In the skill "Fehlschläge meistern" the word "verlohrenen" should be without an h, "verloren"
4)
Last but not least :)
The translation of "questdriven"="questgetrieben" is a bit strange, perhaps "questlastig" would be better, but I'm not sure with this, I think it's subjectively
Good points.
a) "questlastig" is a little bit negative. It was difficult to get a good word at this point. Someone has a good idea? ("Quest-driven fantasy RPG" - "Questgetriebenes Fantasy-Rollenspiel")
b) I also didn't find a good word for "cleave": (attack more than one monster)
c) Also the skills "Dodge" and "Evasion" both are "Ausweichen" in German. I used "Umgehen" for Evasion. Perhaps I should use "schleichen" (sneak) for that?

Any better ideas?

Edit: Provided an update in the issue tracker for everything but "questlastig".
Samuel
VIP

Post by Samuel »

Samuel wrote:a) "questlastig" is a little bit negative. It was difficult to get a good word at this point. Someone has a good idea? ("Quest-driven fantasy RPG" - "Questgetriebenes Fantasy-Rollenspiel" - current translation)
b) I also didn't find a good word for "cleave": (attack more than one monster / get some action points when attacking)
c) Also the skills "Dodge" and "Evasion" both are "Ausweichen" in German. I used "Umgehen" for Evasion. Perhaps I should use "Schleichen" (sneak) for that?
I need feedback. What about (a), (b) and (c) - Feedback is also needed if (a) or (c) is good like it is now.

cngunner started to join the translation team:
http://code.google.com/p/andors-trail/i ... ail?id=270

Unfortunately he did translate "content_actorconditions.xml" although I translated it previously.

The good thing about this: We have 2 independent translations. So the quality will probably improve.
Here are the differences of the 2 translations:

Code: Select all

English                     Samuel                         cngunner                   comment
d) Bless                    Segen                          Bless                      "Segen" should be better. Looks as if this entry was forgotten.
e) Weak Poison              Schwaches Gift                 schwache Gift              "Schwaches Gift" should be better.
f) Shadow Regeneration      Regeneration der Schatten      Schatten Regeneration      What do you think?
g) Minor weapon feebleness  Geringe Schwächung der Waffen  Geringe schwächere Waffen  "Geringe Schwächung der Waffen" should be better.
h) Bleeding wound           Blutende Wunde                 Blutende Blessur           "Blutende Wunde" should be better.
i) Blackwater misery        Blackwater's Elend             Elende Schwarzwasser       "Blackwater's Elend" should be better. We should not translate places like "Blackwater".
j) Intoxicated              Betäubung                      Betrunken                  What do you think?
k) Dazed                    Benommenheit                   Betäubt                    What do you think?
l) Chaotic grip             Chaotischer Griff              Chaotisch Griff            "Chaotischer Griff" should be better.
m) Chaotic curse            Chaotischer Fluch              Chaotische Fluch           "Chaotischer Fluch" should be better.
We need feedback: especially for (f), (j) and (k)
Samuel
VIP

Post by Samuel »

ToDo:
1) content_itemlist.xml was partly translated. 100 lines of weapon names need a translation. ("itemlist_v069_2" and below)
2) content_monsterlist.xml needs translation. 400 lines of monster names need a translation.
3) content_questlist.xml needs translation. 300 lines of small and medium paragraphs need a translation.
4) content_conversationlist.xml needs translation. 3000 lines of small paragraphs need a translation.

Done:
✓ strings.xml was translated. 450 lines of words and small paragraphs.
✓ content_itemlist.xml was partly translated. 200 lines of weapon names.
✓ content_actorconditions.xml was translated. 30 lines of condition names.