v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Andor's Trail Content Studio [ATCS] - Win/Mac/Linux Content Editor

Discussions of the development process of the game.
twirlimp
VIP
android_version: 4.3

Re: Andor's Trail Content Studio [ATCS] - Win/Mac/Linux Content Editor

Post by twirlimp »

By the way, are there pictures posted of ATCS somewhere for newcomers?

They're not on the thread or github page and I think I can do a visual tutorial/guide on using it.
ideas plox
Zukero
Lead Developer
android_version: 8.0

Post by Zukero »

twirlimp wrote: They're not on the thread or github page and I think I can do a visual tutorial/guide on using it.
That would be AWESOME! I couldn't find the time to do it yet, and can't see it coming in the near future.

I see three potential ways of doing it: as a forum thread (look out for the max image per post), as a wiki page (the project page folder in the github repo) or as a plain HTML that can be hosted here AND in ATCS itself. Feel free to use another format if you wish though.
Lvl: 78, XP: 8622632, Gold: 271542, RoLS: 1, ElyR: -, RoL: -, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 71, AC: 301%, AD: 38-47, AP: 3, ECC: 50%, CM: 3.75, BC: 101%, DR: 2
twirlimp
VIP

Post by twirlimp »

Zukero wrote:
twirlimp wrote: They're not on the thread or github page and I think I can do a visual tutorial/guide on using it.
That would be AWESOME! I couldn't find the time to do it yet, and can't see it coming in the near future.

I see three potential ways of doing it: as a forum thread (look out for the max image per post), as a wiki page (the project page folder in the github repo) or as a plain HTML that can be hosted here AND in ATCS itself. Feel free to use another format if you wish though.
I think the format is a crucial question but also rather minor. The real challenge is to make the pictures descriptive and relevant (while being succinct) and there's no reason why we can't do a wiki page, a forum thread, AND in HTML as well.

If you want to include it in ATCS then I'll make sure the pictures are high-res enough without having too much filesize.
ideas plox
Zukero
Lead Developer

Post by Zukero »

Making the pictures tell a good story represent some work indeed, and so is writing the accompanying text.

You're right that the format doesn't matter that much.
For ATCS inclusion, don't worry about the file size, I'll make it a separate download that can be integrated into ATCS UI without trouble.
Lvl: 78, XP: 8622632, Gold: 271542, RoLS: 1, ElyR: -, RoL: -, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
Zukero
Lead Developer

Post by Zukero »

v0.5.1 released!

Released in a hurry to get a bugfix out: actor conditions were neither read nor saved correctly. As a result, the "Positive" and "Stacking" flags were lost. If you have ongoing projects, update and review your created and altered actor conditions.
Moreover, you should also update the game sources used by your ATCS projects to the latest master or stoutford_tests branches if you were using one of these already, as that bug made me break all existing actor conditions that had one of these flags. I now repaired my mess.

There's also support for the latest game feature, changing a map's color filter as a reward for a dialogue.

Last but not least, I'm working on having some integration with Tiled, the map editor. As I was working on it when I noticed the bug above, you get the first beginning of a draft. Simply put, open a map in ATCS, and click on the large button with the Tiled icon at the top left to edit this map in Tiled. Once saved in Tiled, you'll have to restart ATCS to see the changes made in Tiled appear in ATCS. Ugly. :oops:

This should work under two conditions:
- your workspace lies on a partition that uses a filesystem that support symbolic links that target folders (NTFS on Win7+, or any MacOS or Linux filesystem. Not FAT like on flash drives)
- you can launch Tiled by running "tiled" in a command console (cmd.exe on Windows, terminal emulator on MacOS or Linux). It's possible that this doesn't work at all on Windows, as maybe this requires launching "tiled.exe". :?

As you can see, it's bare, it's untested, and it's almost useless... yet! I have plans to make it real nice in the near future!

This feature requires Java 7 or above, while ATCS previously required only Java 6. However, Oracle ended support for Java 7 (the one I'm now asking for) in April 2015, so I believe it's not an unreasonable demand. FYI, Java 8 is now at update 121, so use this one if you can. Security fixes in Java are important to preserve your computer. Simply don't fall for lousy traps on the web. Update from a trusted source like https://www.java.com/
Last edited by Zukero on Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Typo
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by rijackson741 »

Great. Time to give it a go :D
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
twirlimp
VIP

Post by twirlimp »

By the way, are you running Linux by any chance?

I've had an issue starting the program that doesn't seem covered by the instructions and that I haven't came across before.
ideas plox
Zukero
Lead Developer

Post by Zukero »

I am. Not on every box, but the main dev one for ATCS is.
What's your issue?
twirlimp
VIP

Post by twirlimp »

Zukero wrote:I am. Not on every box, but the main dev one for ATCS is.
What's your issue?

Code: Select all

Error: Could not find or load main class com.gpl.rpg.atcontentstudio.ATContentStudio
That's the output of ATCS.sh -- it could be a brain fart and I'm missing a dead simple step.

Nothing comes to mind from such a barebones error and no context (to me at least) about the missing class.

P.S. I'm running Fedora 25; let me know which distro you're using so I can try it on that.
ideas plox
Zukero
Lead Developer

Post by Zukero »

Check in the .sh file that the file names in the classpath match the actual files in lib/. I may have missed something when creating the release.

Edit: I'd also like to know the output of "java -version"