v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Andor's Trail Content Studio [ATCS] - Win/Mac/Linux Content Editor

Discussions of the development process of the game.
Voom
VIP
android_version: 7.0

Re: Andor's Trail Content Studio [ATCS] - Win/Mac/Linux Content Editor

Post by Voom »

This is all gibberish to me, but it looks like Zukero is doing quite the upgrade. How do I update my ATCS again?

Gj Zukero.
Voom
Zukero
Lead Developer
android_version: 8.0

Post by Zukero »

If on windows, simply download and use the installer.

If using the zip version, download, unzip, and use. You can delete the old one before or after. If on Linux or Unix (and possibly on Mac OS), you'll also have to set the startup script as executable (chmod +x)

It would also be a good idea to update your AT source folder from my github repo.
Lvl: 78, XP: 8622632, Gold: 271542, RoLS: 1, ElyR: -, RoL: -, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 71, AC: 301%, AD: 38-47, AP: 3, ECC: 50%, CM: 3.75, BC: 101%, DR: 2
Voom
VIP
android_version: 7.0

Post by Voom »

Thanks, that really helps. Can't wait to see the new features.
Voom
Zukero
Lead Developer

Post by Zukero »

v0.6.3 released!

Few new visible features, but many bug fixes. See the changelog in the opening post.

There's a new tool that may come in handy, but you'll have to use the beanshell console from the tools menu, and paste the following code in it:

Code: Select all

import com.gpl.rpg.atcontentstudio.*;
import com.gpl.rpg.atcontentstudio.model.*;
import com.gpl.rpg.atcontentstudio.ui.tools.*;
import com.gpl.rpg.atcontentstudio.model.gamedata.*;

//Replace "1" by your desired project index, starting from 0
proj = Workspace.activeWorkspace.projects.get(1);
print("Project: "+proj.getDesc());
//Use a quest ID here
obj = proj.getQuest("roots_love");
//or try with other data types
//obj = proj.getMap("stoutford_smith")
print("Obj: "+obj.getDesc());
//The false here means it doesn't include element from the game source folder, it only crawls through the altered and created ones.
dependencies = GDEVisitor.findDependencies(obj, false);
print("Scan complete");
print("");
for (dependency : dependencies) {
	print(dependency.getDataType().toString()+"/"+dependency.getClass().getSimpleName()+"/"+dependency.id);
}
Lvl: 78, XP: 8622632, Gold: 271542, RoLS: 1, ElyR: -, RoL: -, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by rijackson741 »

You know that tool will come in handy for me :)
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
Zukero
Lead Developer

Post by Zukero »

I know you need such a tool, I hope this one helps :D
Zukero
Lead Developer

Post by Zukero »

v0.6.4 released!

Nothing much, but I really wanted to get a bugfix out ASAP. There was a bug in the loading of dialogue sketches that allowed subsequent editions of a sketch to corrupt or even delete data. Nasty.

I also included an online version check, to warn you at ATCS' startup if there's a new version available. You can disable this check in the workspace settings (File menu -> Edit workspace settings), or even disallow all internet connectivity in one go.
For the curious, it simply reads the file at static/ATCS_latest and compares with the in-app version (seen in the title bar for instance). If it is different (not greater or anything, just different), you get a warning pop-up with a link to this thread's opening post.

That's all.
Omicronrg9
android_version: 13 - Android 13

Post by Omicronrg9 »

Hi!
I'm about to finish my first quest.Short by short I expect to get more speed doing stuff so I can make a full idea post until september.
I have two questions about ATCS.
- When creating Item categories,what's the real difference between Light,standard and large size (Oh,and "none" size)?
- Is It actually possible to "replace" a spawn area with another one,using the same mechanism that unlocking doors/paths (Reaching questid:questProgress triggers an area,changing their objects and replacing them for "objects_replace" layer)? Is there a way to see if that works inside ATCS? I think ATCS replacements viewfinder just works with terrain,but not with objects (I'm not sure).
- I don't understand:
  • What is exactly createTimer and alignmentChange options in dialogues rewards.

• If putting more than 100'0% drop chance in any item,in a droplist,makes any sense.

• If the red squares in the item sprite selection are there because there're not any image in that place.

• If you put a monster AP 10,It has 20 AP (I think that because I saw all monsters have 0 AP in options)

I expect this is the right site to post my questions and to don't bother you people if they're already answered.Thank you and greetings!
Zukero
Lead Developer

Post by Zukero »

This is the right place. Thanks for creating content, and for using ATCS.
Omicronrg9 wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:05 pm - When creating Item categories,what's the real difference between Light,standard and large size (Oh,and "none" size)?
IIRC, this is only relevant for armor, boots, gloves and hats, in order to determine which skill will affect its stats.
Omicronrg9 wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:05 pm - Is It actually possible to "replace" a spawn area with another one,using the same mechanism that unlocking doors/paths (Reaching questid:questProgress triggers an area,changing their objects and replacing them for "objects_replace" layer)? Is there a way to see if that works inside ATCS? I think ATCS replacements viewfinder just works with terrain,but not with objects (I'm not sure).
It is possible, but it works differently. There are three different types of map alteration:
- Terrain changes, using replace areas.
- Spawn areas changes, using a set of three dedicated script rewards (detailed below)
- Other map objects changes, which are handled on a per-group basis (the folder containing the map objects), using two dedicated script rewards.

For Spawn areas, make sure that each area a unique ID (unique within the map), and tick (or untick) the checkbox that states whether the spawn area is active in a new game (active by default) or not.
In a script/dialogue, you can then give a reward that will activate or deactivate a given spawn area on a given map:
- spawnAll will activate an inactive spawn area and respawn all monsters in it (whether it was active or inactive before granting the reward)
- deactivateSpawnArea will prevent a spawn area from spawning any more monsters, but will let the currently spawned live (good when you give this reward while the player is on the map itself).
- removeSpawnArea will deactivate the spawn area and remove all spawned monsters.

To test it, you'll have to build the game. No way to test in ATCS.
Omicronrg9 wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:05 pm
  • What is exactly createTimer and alignmentChange options in dialogues rewards.
createTimer allows you to make the game note the time that this reward was given. You can later use that timer's id to have a requirement checking whether more than a given number of game rounds (~6s, or in battle) have elapsed since the last creation. If you grant this reward again, the timer is overwritten with the new time.

alignmentChange allows you to grant a faction score (potentially negative). This is not used by anything in the game yet. If you need it, I could add the corresponding requirement fairly easily. Technically, it's kind of like the timers, where you keep track of an integer instead of a number of elapsed rounds.
  • If putting more than 100'0% drop chance in any item,in a droplist,makes any sense.
No. 100% drop chance is the max.
  • If the red squares in the item sprite selection are there because there're not any image in that place.
That's simply because the sprite sheet contains a red square, and that the spritesheet chooser is built procedurally. Simply disregard them.
  • If you put a monster AP 10,It has 20 AP (I think that because I saw all monsters have 0 AP in options)
[/i]
Monsters have a default 10AP, incorrectly represented as "0" in ATCS. (Technically, the value is null in ATCS, and displayed as 0. The display is incorrect, but not the datamodel).
I don't think that's used often, but you can give 12AP to a monster, with an attack cost of 4 to give it 3 attacks per round, but you get the same result by letting the AP untouched, and an attack cost of 3.

I hope I covered all your questions. It feels good having new users for ATCS :D
Zukero
Lead Developer

Post by Zukero »

v0.6.5 released!

Not much in here to announce, except that many little bugs got squashed, and I felt like I killed enough to justify a release.
The by-product of this is that I also included a not-ready-for-prime-time mini-feature: a little "help" panel for the dialogue sketch editor. You can't find it by accident, but if you are editing a sketch node, pressing F1 will pop-up that help window, and close your edition window discarding any changes at the same time :? More bugs! Yay!