v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Editor Improvements

Discussions of the development process of the game.
lord midnight

Editor Improvements

Post by lord midnight »

um, the editors are hard to use and hard to follow.

What kind of output do they need?
Can a spreadsheet be used instead?

What options are missing, what should be added.
I really like the idea of using googledoc spreadsheets, simple and easy.

What changes to the editors need made?
AND/OR's ...
oskarwiksten
Captain Awesome
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Re: Editor Improvements

Post by oskarwiksten »

The editors are something we have talked about as a priority item for the next release since there is a lot of room for improvement. See the original issue# for more info:
http://code.google.com/p/andors-trail/i ... ail?id=154

You are very welcome to write or find a replacement, including writing the code for a parser that we can use in the game for reading the output. Please also consider the hierarchical nature of dialogue that has to be supported.
/Oskar
lord midnight

Re: Editor Improvements

Post by lord midnight »

ok, I 'read' the source to the editors as such I see they are html and javascript, after looking over the monster and item lists, I see no reason to not further define a 'status effect' editor type thingy. I am seeing that making anything more complex than a select group of target trait attacks will require an updated editor and a few extra classes, but its what is needed.

Im not sure about updating the entire editor system right at the moment but at least a few new scripts. I agree that there needs to be something a bit better and quickly, I will look at it after I get some statuses and basic item use on enemies working.
AND/OR's ...