v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Freshness

Discussions of the development process of the game.
Benji
android_version: 5.1 - Lolipop

Freshness

Post by Benji »

Slightly better graphics and animations customizable appearance for characters and purchasable materials buildings fences more uses for tools and a crafting system. Gardening. Construction. Fishing. Wider variety of wild animals. Equipment add ons instant travel or transport locations. Extra equiping slots for interchangeable secondary weopons use of projectiles rpg style turns mixed with time sensitive continuance like 1 second or something. Awsome litle game already just could use a bit more updates to make it more interesting especially a messaging or communication system that allows more than one question and answers.
Specialized shops and lockable fortresses fences and gates with wall hp. Machines hot balloons boats and water desert mountains connected topographicao geoscapes. Training and battle zones. Markets. Events and gatherings. Council. Skill bonuses. Lowest storage and ram usage as much as possible. Someone hott to keep me warm and cozed in this mink cot. Sound effects. Customizable music for layouts and rooms. Interactive applications integrated real time movement with pause options and base timeout protections when not in battles. Customizable classes and character development options. Timed development and growth of vegitation and wildlife. Enchantment and valor systems additional quest options and continuances. Free trade system with relativly common shop items. Directional proximity identifiers signified by codes or symbols item detection. Storage. Drop. Give. Recieve. Communicat bartering hide bury set traps and movable boxes crates barrels trees bridges. and competitive sportsmanship guidelines with borders of protections defenses and alternate obstacles edges to confirm intintions and interests. Actual edges to fall from and water lava pit holes spikes bounce outs and lock pads maximum number of items carry limit based on level increased automatically systems guides and securities. Mod friendly connected and seperate zones established zones with npc mod tolls for request and authorization for security and connection updates rewritable story and common knowledge of accepted eventual outcomes and directives. Almost 339 im going to sleep now maybe but that shizt would be cool maybe to much it is pretty nice just to keep it simple but preferably not unatractably simplified to conceal advanced intelectual designs of backround possibilities. goodnight :P
Zukero
Lead Developer
android_version: 8.0

Re: Freshness

Post by Zukero »

Spam. Spam ? Nonsense. Elaborate dictionary. Still nonsense.
Lvl: 78, XP: 8622632, Gold: 271542, RoLS: 1, ElyR: -, RoL: -, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 71, AC: 301%, AD: 38-47, AP: 3, ECC: 50%, CM: 3.75, BC: 101%, DR: 2
Benji
android_version: 5.1 - Lolipop

Post by Benji »

It could be an internationally profitable advanced game which probably already is but just saying there is always room for improvement.
Simple word... Cooooool. Lets make it better
Voom
VIP
android_version: 7.0

Post by Voom »

Many of your ideas are great, but do not fit with the vision of AT. Most importantly, money is not involved and never will be. AT does not plan to be an MO (multiplayer online). That rules out a large part of your suggestions. Please, learn to use commas. Otherwise it sort of looks like spam.. no offense.
Voom
Zukero
Lead Developer
android_version: 8.0

Post by Zukero »

Voom wrote: Please, learn to use commas. Otherwise it sort of looks like spam.. no offense.
...and verbs, or actual sentences.

Maybe English isn't your native language, in this case, please say so, because I'm close to deleting the whole thread as generated by a chat bot. (A relatively good one though).
Lvl: 78, XP: 8622632, Gold: 271542, RoLS: 1, ElyR: -, RoL: -, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 71, AC: 301%, AD: 38-47, AP: 3, ECC: 50%, CM: 3.75, BC: 101%, DR: 2
ace
VIP
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

Post by ace »

so many ideas. I have seen most of them in other RPGs. but as Voom and Zukero said, use commas and full sentences.
the secrets of shadow and light
be happy :lol:
https://facebook.com/andorstrail
twirlimp
VIP
android_version: 4.3

Post by twirlimp »

Markets. Events and gatherings. Council.

More lively Ultima-ish behaviour for NPCs wouldn't be a bad idea I guess, but could really give performance a hit if not done properly.
ideas plox
Voom
VIP

Post by Voom »

twirlimp wrote:Markets. Events and gatherings. Council.

More lively Ultima-ish behaviour for NPCs wouldn't be a bad idea I guess, but could really give performance a hit if not done properly.
twirlimp!! Where you been?! You might be right here, but I'm not sure it would work in most scenarios if any.
Voom
twirlimp
VIP
android_version: 4.3

Post by twirlimp »

Voom wrote:
twirlimp wrote:Markets. Events and gatherings. Council.

twirlimp!! Where you been?! You might be right here, but I'm not sure it would work in most scenarios if any.
Ah, I've been busy (but expect a major comeback on Christmas).

I've been thinking that it'd be interesting for a large-ish town to have more autonomous NPCs with a set routine everyday.
Harkens back to Harvest Moon where you'd find the Chicken Farmer's daughter in the mountains near the hot springs in the morning.
That sort of thing.

Ah, jackpot. We need a hot spring.
ideas plox
Voom
VIP

Post by Voom »

lol, hot springs it is! You might need to rework the way NPCs move and and interact with other objects (like go through doors, talk to other NPCs, etc.). Maybe another layer on Tiled when creating a map and pathway for NPCs.
Voom