How old are you?

A place to discuss anything not related to the game.

How old are you?

0-10
1%
10-15
5%
15-20
10%
20-25
16%
25-30
14%
30-40
32%
40-50
15%
50-60
8%
70-80
1%
90+
No votes

Total votes: 151

PK17
android_version: 4.0

Re: How old are you?

Post by PK17 »

PghJuggalo wrote:So I'm at work today and my boss asks me how old I turned on my birthday. I tell him 30, and he starts laughing. Said that he would have never guessed that, and that I act like I 'child.' I told him that when he acts like he's 52, most everyone thinks hes about 70.

Age is just a number. The old adage, 'you're only as old as you feel' is true.

I'll be about 25 forever.

I've found my own fountain of youth.

PghJuggalo

I got a beer(or two) for the person whose singing the theme song that running through my head right now.

Ever seen the show Squidbillies? Thats the theme song for my life.

"My dreams are all dead and buried, sometime I wish the sun would just explode.When god comes and call me to his kingdom, I'll take all you sons of (guns) when I go."

DO NOT TOUCH THE TRIM! 8-)
Take a stop by my game thread for some forum fun!!!

http://andorstrail.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4577
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

scottdog wrote:42 on 26th of april so I want an ElyR for my birthday :D
Well happy early birthday Scottdog! =) I hope your birthday is filled with loved ones and cherished memories.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
nyktos
VIP
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Post by nyktos »

PK17 wrote:DO NOT TOUCH THE TRIM! 8-)
:lol: :lol: :lol:

i was thrilled to see Netflix pick them up!!!

:twisted:

(along with some other [adult swim] goodies)
"Embrace the Shadow"

[Lv: 60] [HP: 175] [AC: 361] [AD: 25-39] [BC: 75]
[Dual Wielding Swords] [Unarmored Fighting]
Thystonius
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by Thystonius »

DarkSavant13 wrote:40 here, though I always forget my age, lol. :lol:

My age has never really mattered to me. Time is a human concept and I try to "unthink" things like time and age. Don't really know how to explain it. I guess I've tried to free myself from what humanity has taught me (started these ideas at 4, lol) and relearn everything on my own, not really listening to established concepts. So, I tend to see things differently than other people a lot. :P

I guess a good example would be skunks, lol. When I was about 6, I started to wonder why people were always freaking out over the smell of a skunk. As I watched them (we lived in the country so lots of skunks ;) ) I learned that it is a conditioned response. From a young age everyone learns that a skunk stinks from the people around them.

I determined to unlearn that response and tried to smell a skunk with no bias and found out that the smell is actually pleasant. Later in life I figured out why people react the way they do, it's not really the smell, it's an instinct to stay away from the skunk because getting sprayed in the face is painful because of acids getting into your eyes, nose, and mouth. So, when people smell a skunk that instinct kicks in and people determine that in their minds as a "stink". ;)

Skunks actually attract their mates with that smell, and a skunk's nose is more sensitive than ours. I have actually smelled flowers that I thought smelled like a certain scent that comes to me when I smell a skunk, and people have loved the smell of them. It's all a conditioned response.

Well, after that lengthy explanation on how I think slightly differently (and I have no idea why I explained that, lol), I'll get back to the subject at hand. I may be 40, but in my mind I would say that I feel 25 and I feel hundreds, if not thousands, of years old at the same time. I've been told I have a very old soul, lol. ;)

Think about this... We are made up if electromagnetic energy. It holds our molecules together, makes our body function and our brains work. Like a computer, we would not function without it. Our minds, who we are, our thoughts, are just electromagnetic energy zipping around at very high speeds creating thoughts, etc.

If our mind (who we are, the "soul") is a concentrated chunk of electromagnetic energy, and energy cannot be created or destroyed, how old are you really? :D

Happy Birthday, Nyktos! Hehe. :twisted:
32 here.

Thanks for your elaboration. To respond to your bold (rhetoric) question, love the way you think. It is how I explain my unusual way of thinking to other people... using the law of conversation of entropy, many concepts generally accepted can easily be shown to be incomplete. It also shows that individuals at this abstract level actually do not exist and the concept of life, or God, or the universe or whatever name you give it, is suddenly very easy to understand :-)
Lvl 74|XP 7,280,442|€ 364,324|2013.08.27
HP 229|AC 238%|AD 46-55|AP 3|ECC 25%|CM 3.0|BC 140%|DR 10|SR
RoLS 2|ElyR 1|RoL 0|ChaR 0|GoLF 1|ShaF 1|SRoV 0|VSH 0|WMC 0|GoW 0
WA 1|HH 1|Clv 1|BS 5|CS 2|CE 1|IF 5|Reg 1|DPS 1|DP 1|SP 2|LAP 1
Pyrizzle
VIP

Post by Pyrizzle »

nyktos wrote:
PK17 wrote:DO NOT TOUCH THE TRIM! 8-)
:lol: :lol: :lol:

i was thrilled to see Netflix pick them up!!!

:twisted:

(along with some other [adult swim] goodies)
They added a bunch of cartoon network shows lately!

Dexter's Lab
Courage the Cowardly Dog
Samurai Jack <----- awesome show! (haven't watched it in forever!)
Adventure Time

Nickelodeon added a few goodies lately too
Invader Zim <----- YES!!!
The Angry Beavers

just to name a few. hehehe

I love that the thread about how old we are ended up talking about cartoon shows.
You guys and gals are the best! ^_^

PK17
android_version: 4.0

Post by PK17 »

Hey... we all need to let our childish side out every now and then. Just remember not to let the ladies see.

watching cartoons is still better than having a mid-life crisis and buying a corvette.
Take a stop by my game thread for some forum fun!!!

http://andorstrail.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4577
Pyrizzle
VIP

Post by Pyrizzle »

PK17 wrote:Hey... we all need to let our childish side out every now and then. Just remember not to let the ladies see.

watching cartoons is still better than having a mid-life crisis and buying a corvette.
I don't need to hide it, my girlfriend is awesome. :D

if you need me I'll be in my blanket fort with my girlfriend watching cartoons...

((NEVER GROW UP!!!))

scottdog
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by scottdog »

Pyrizzle wrote:
scottdog wrote:42 on 26th of april so I want an ElyR for my birthday :D
Well happy early birthday Scottdog! =) I hope your birthday is filled with loved ones and cherished memories.
Cheers dude !
Level 76 HP=112 Gold=450,000
AP=3/12 AC=262% AD=44-55
BC=99% DR=1 Rols=2 Rol=1 ElyR=1 ShaF=1 ChaR=4 GoLF=1 SRoV=8 VSH=1

fandabbydozey
Fire7051
android_version: 3.0

Post by Fire7051 »

Pyrizzle wrote:
PK17 wrote:Hey... we all need to let our childish side out every now and then. Just remember not to let the ladies see.

I don't need to hide it, my girlfriend is awesome. :D

if you need me I'll be in my blanket fort with my girlfriend watching cartoons...

((NEVER GROW UP!!!))
Got the wife started on Dexter's Lab last night. The kids were into it too. Funny how an old cartoon can bring the whole family into one room. So yeah never grow up.
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime.
Give a man a fire and he will be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
zen1979
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by zen1979 »

I'm 34 this year as you can see in my name zen1979. Nice to meet all of you. ^_^
16/05/2013 (RBMP = 393/128/22/2)
Lvl: 42 | XP: 1315504 | Gold: 17008 |
HP: 113 | AC: 245% | AD: 26-36 | AP: 6 |
CC: 9% | CM: 2.0 | BC: 79% | DR: 0 |
RoLS: 0 | ElyR: 0 | RoL: 0 | ChaR: 0 | GoLF: 0 |
ShaF: 0 | SRoV: 0 | VSH: 0 |