Andor's Trail Lore - Tell your tale (In Character)

A place to discuss anything not related to the game.
Gecq
android_version: 4.0

Re: Andor's Trail Lore - Tell your tale (In Character)

Post by Gecq »

Fire7051 wrote:[...] When you tell me that it "Sounds like you aren't really cut out to do my job properly" I just say "Perhaps" and bite my tongue. [...]
Bloody brilliant! :lol:
Wyrmspawn
android_version: 3.0

Post by Wyrmspawn »

The man stared at me, eyes glowing with anger and sadness at the same time. Impossibly muscled, his glaring gaze seemed to bore right through me.

"Few have ventured so far. And of those who have, fewer still have found me. What do you want, then?"

"Who are you?"

"I see that the world has forgotten me. Never matter. Names come and go. Call me what you will. Have you come seeking power, or have you come merely for a fight?"

"I have heard tales from a strange storyteller. He told me a strange tale about this place, and I came here out of curiosity. But what can someone like you offer me? A quest, or an errand?"

"You are proud. And you think you know power. You do not." His eyes glowing with a sudden rage, I suddenly noticed the threateningly large sword strapped to his back. As long as a man is tall, and as wide as my forearm, and nearly an inch thick, even without its ghastly, hungry red glow , it would have been a terrifying weapon. With a roar that left me clutching my bleeding ears and falling to my knees, the mountain of a man drew the sword from its crude scabbard on his back.

Struggling to stand up again, I pulled out my own twin blades from their scabbards. The rapiers of lifesteal shall heal me. And this creature who has dared to harm me shall pay dearly for it. "You have a loud voice. So what?" I may or may not have shouted that. I couldn't hear anything but a whirring sound. Springing suddenly from my crouching position, I rushed at him at a speed that would have made it impossible for anything, even the greatest of monsters, to evade.

But the giant didn't even move an inch. Clenching his teeth in a snarl, he brought the huge sword down onto the ground with an almighty crash. The earth was split asunder as if it was glass, and a spiderweb of fissures spiraled everywhere. Falling into one of the newly created thigh-deep pits, I found the enormous man looming over me, his greatsword swinging down in another devastating strike. Fool. The merest contact with my rapiers, even through his weapon, shall kill him. I hope. Bringing all of my strength to bear, I swung both rapiers up in a defensive position. Maonit trolls, Arulirs, and Gornauds had failed to crash through this. Strong as that man is, he cannot hope to smash through the rapiers of lifesteal without having his life force sucked away.

No sooner had I finished this thought than a wind came crashing down on me. With a gasp, I was flung to my knees. Impossible. But true. The strength of the man, even indirectly, through the air and the earth, had been enough to cause me to come down onto my knees. And his sword wasn't even here yet. With a crash, the greatsword slammed into the rapiers. This time, through direct contact, I could feel his life force flowing into me. Surely he will be weakened now.

But his energy came on, and on, as if limitless. Filling me to the brim, and still filling me with more, and more, and more. Gasping for air, I found that the sheer pressure of energy within me was too much for me to even breathe. My heart beat harder than ever before, accelerating to unbelievable speeds. Screaming in pain, I struggled to remain in my kneeling position.

Then came a tinkling sound. Red shards sprayed everywhere, withering the grass that they struck. My rapiers were destroyed. Then, almost immediately after, a gigantic cracking sound came, and my stone cuirass split into two. I stood up and tried to run, swaying like a drunk from the copious amounts of energy, and fell.

"Hah. You could have been one of the heroes of old if you were born earlier. But you are far from powerful. For you, it is not too late." The giant murmured. I realized that the energy from the man had healed my hearing. "For you, hope is still there." Pain and sadness flooded his eyes, and I wondered what he meant.

"My name is now lost. But my title remains. I am the Undefeated One. Know me, and know the curse of great power, boy." The giant faded away into the darkness as I fainted.
Hey guys, I'm back.
Wyrmspawn

Post by Wyrmspawn »

Rogorn sneered at me with customary derision. “Very well, boy. Our story doesn’t add up. You might just be too smart for your own good. Well, this is for The Shadow!” And with a cry, he leapt at me with his iron sword in a lightning-fast slash. Which I promptly caught with my hand.

“Cheap equipment becomes you, ruffian,” I note. “But the honorable ways of your men do not. Come, now. Let’s see how well the three of you may fare against me.” With a crack, the iron sword in my grip snapped like a toothpick.

A shocked silence descended for a moment. Then both of his men leapt up in an instant with swords in hand, swinging at me with wild, loping strokes that bounced off my bark-like skin, only to inflict small cuts that regenerated right before their eyes. Grinning, I cracked my knuckles leisurely under the tickles of their weak blows. This was going to be good.

“But, but…” stammered Rogorn, the last man standing. “We were three, but you… you…”

“I’ve heard that a thousand times before. Only last time, you were twenty four,” I snorted, flinging the hilt of his broken sword deep into his gut. “Really, when will you people learn?” I asked, as I wrenched a fragment of parchment from the dying man’s grip. Minarra would be pleased, I think. Any Feygard should have some equipment I could use.
Hey guys, I'm back.
Meirerion
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by Meirerion »

As I stepped into the room the fire grew stronger in my heart. My brother... He'll never be forgotten. But now, I've a new quest. A new task. A new trail...
A foul monster made of bones and wielding a mace charged me. I remember the times when I was a child. My brother Andor was hitting a scarecrow with his dagger. He'll never be forgotten. The bone golem swung his mace: I jumped behind him and struck him with my sword. The years of fear and despair for my people were to end.
The demon stood in front of me, laughing. I woke up next to his lifeless body. What just happened I did not know but for the sake of my people I had to continue.
The cave was filled with ancient reliques but they were of no interest for me. I needed the Shield.
He was standing in a corner. I could feel her soul trapped inside it. As I walked toward the Shield the fire inside me calmed and in a last painful sigh turned to embers.
I had the Shield.
The Sun will rise again.
~May Elythara's wisdom light your path
Fire7051

Post by Fire7051 »

Meirerion wrote:As I stepped into the room the fire grew stronger in my heart...
As I walked toward the Shield the fire inside me calmed and in a last painful sigh turned to embers.
I had the Shield.
The Sun will rise again.
How sweet to think of me like that! :D It's good to know I inspire you. ;) Wait you aren't taking about me... :oops:

Anyways I think we could use a Legendary shield so any plans on trying to get one added?
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime.
Give a man a fire and he will be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Meirerion
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by Meirerion »

It's planned and written but there are still some dialogues to rewrite and items to add. Maybe next week it'll be finished, hope so.
~May Elythara's wisdom light your path
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

I've also been throwing around a few ideas for a new Legendary Shield.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

Pyrizzle wrote:I've also been throwing around a few ideas for a new Legendary Shield.

My high bc build has been waiting forever for this.

"A home without a beagle is just a house"
Sarumar
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Sarumar »

tek wrote:
Pyrizzle wrote:I've also been throwing around a few ideas for a new Legendary Shield.

yep... Tek and defensive builds :-)
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

Sarumar wrote:
tek wrote:

yep... Tek and defensive builds :-)
that is pretty much what I meant
"A home without a beagle is just a house"