v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Wii U

A place to discuss anything not related to the game.
PK17
android_version: 4.0

Re: Wii U

Post by PK17 »

Yeah, I go with xbox, I am not a big fan of Microsoft, but it's the best option for console gaming (imo of course).

Sony..... those playstation 2's were built to last man (mines still kicking after over 5 years of frequent play. But today, they seem to have more trouble than they can handle with the ps3's and 4's. Besides, didn't playstation dissolve out of sony and become a daughter company.
Take a stop by my game thread for some forum fun!!!

http://andorstrail.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4577
fiernaq
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by fiernaq »

I just know that the ps2 was phenomenal as was the n64 and pretty much every other console ever made has been terrible. Sure, there were a few games I loved here and there on other consoles but in terms of the console itself and not the games played on it... ps2 and n64 all the way. I really wish they'd get off this huge "one device that does everything" kick since what they're actually doing is phasing out the "several devices that do one thing well" and replacing it with "one device that does everything poorly". A console should focus on games and it should do so to its utmost power.
Level: 58, HP: 102, AC: 295%, AD: 46-56, AP: 2/12, BC: 35%, DR: 4
Gold: 75235 | RoLS: 0 RoL: 0 SRoV: 0 VSH: 0
Skills: IF1, Ev1, Ev2, Ev3, CE1, CS1, CS2, Re1, WA1, HH1, Cl1, HH2, DaggerPro1, LightArmorPro1, ShieldPro1, WA2, Cl2
Equipment: Enhanced Combat Helmet, Serpent's Hauberk, Marrowtaint, Quickstrike Dagger, Remgard Shield, Villain's Ring, Villain's Ring, Leather Gloves Of Attack, Enhanced Combat Boots
Last Updated: 02-Dec-2013
ctnbeh13
VIP
android_version: 11 - Android 11

Post by ctnbeh13 »

My last console purchase was a Nintendo Wii, which I mostly got for games to play in a group setting. It doesn't play DVD's, nor excel in the graphics department.

My prior console purchase was the Xbox. I waited a full year before buying one to allow for most of the issues it may have initially had to be worked out. I have not publicly shared, until now, that the original Xbox had a major software flaw that I learned about the hard way. It started to develop an issue with corrupted game save files. Since my DVD drive went out on it a couple of months later I decided it was time to open up the Xbox and take a look at the contents of the hard drive. What I found was a stripped down version of Windows 2000 that served as the operating system. I also found that in all of Microsoft's knowledge and wisdom, they overlooked including a disk defragmentation utility, hence the corrupted files, due to fragmentation. Way to go Microsoft!

From that point on, I have mainly played games exclusively on the PC. I spoke with a tech rep from Microsoft regarding my discovery, who "unofficially" acknowledged the issue. They were essentially instructed to advise customers to delete game save files until they loaded correctly or were gone entirely. As far as I know, Microsoft never officially acknowledged the true issue or did right by their customers who encountered this. I just considered it a lesson learned and shelved the unit. Going from memory, I believe that Microsoft contracted with 4 or 5 DVD drive manufacturers to provide the drive for the original Xbox. Considering the fragmented files issue, I never acquired a replacement drive, figuring that one day I might just make a project out of rebuilding the system in a custom case and make a few other modifications to it. Based on all that I already give my time to these days, it seems more likely that I may never get around to this.

I currently have a fair amount of Super Nintendo games (and possibly some controllers yet) packed away. Aside from that, I have a mint condition Nintendo 64 with the expansion pack, about 4 or 5 controllers (one of which is still new in the original box), a fair number of games (including the gold cartridge edition of Zelda), and at least one rumble pack, maybe two. These items will probably find their way to eBay at some point. :)
One of even fewer...
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

We are off topic now. Can we please discuss whether or not the Wii U is a wise purchase or not?
I read yesterday that there is some renewed confidence in its future due to the excitement surrounding the release of a couple of new games.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
ctnbeh13
VIP

Post by ctnbeh13 »

Antison wrote:We are off topic now. Can we please discuss whether or not the Wii U is a wise purchase or not?
I read yesterday that there is some renewed confidence in its future due to the excitement surrounding the release of a couple of new games.
"The Fallhaven Tavern" is a category that any forum member is free to express their thoughts, feelings, and other input under, as long as you follow the forum rules in good faith. Off topic does not apply, as this section of the forum is "A place to discuss anything not related to the game." ;)

What you've been reading is simply an exchange of predominantly related subject matter, among the members interested in joining in. If we were to keep the discussion limited to specifically address the Nintendo Wii U, then we would have to create an entirely new topic and thread, which in my opinion, is unnecessary and would add to the various content a member might have to read through (clutter). :shock:

In all honesty, and specifically addressing only the Wii U, only you can make the decision as to whether purchasing one is wise or not. :idea:

The gaming industry is big business. The most recognized game developing companies have to determine whether a particular gaming platform or console system is a good investment for them to develop for, if they're not under contract with one brand specifically. So it sounds like you doing the research on current, pending, and proposed games for the Wii U is an important part of the decision making process. However, seeing the term "renewed confidence" doesn't seem too encouraging, regardless of what it's associated with. :ugeek:
One of even fewer...
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

I bought one today. Best Buy is offering the Wii U bundle with another free game and a $25 gift card, so i jumped on it. So I got Mario bros u, Luigi bros U, some zombie game, and used the gift card towards the purchase of Super Mario 3D World. All for $335.
I couldn't resist. The kids will enjoy it and we will enjoy surprising them on Christmas morning.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
nyktos
VIP
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Post by nyktos »

i hate posting this but...
that's adorable.
"Embrace the Shadow"

[Lv: 60] [HP: 175] [AC: 361] [AD: 25-39] [BC: 75]
[Dual Wielding Swords] [Unarmored Fighting]
Covenant

Post by Covenant »

My kids are too young yet to care about gaming consoles. But my 3 year old is a maestro on the iPad. Games, movies, ABC iView, etc.

And you know what? I'm PC or nothing now. I turned down a free Xbox One or PS4 in favour of a Sonos Play 3 as a Christmas bonus: already have my PC for gaming.