v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Days go by, colors change, lives move on...

A place to discuss anything not related to the game.
Zukero
Lead Developer
android_version: 8.0

Days go by, colors change, lives move on...

Post by Zukero »

Hello fellow AdvenTurers,

Some of you have surely noticed (Oet, dude, you were fast !), but my name now harbours the beautiful green color !
This does not mean that my love for our planet has overcome the one I have for this game, but that the forum staff as graced me with the title of Global Moderator !

There's been some other color changes that happened at the same time : the Fire Lord got the well deserved Lead Moderator title (with a well-suited color reflecting his love for pyrotechnics), while nyktos took the green one. I'll let them both detail the circumstances and motives behind this all.

Anyway, I'm very proud to be a member of the forum staff, and will do my best to use my elevated privileges for the good of this community, with respect for the members and their different opinions, with a restless hammer beating the spammers, and with justice and mediation in mind.

For those who wish to know more, here's my AT-related bio, as a proof of my good will :D
Someday back in late 2010, I decided to ditch my old "Sagem My X-5" (hey, it had a COLOR SCREEN !) in favor of the first android phone I could afford : a Samsung Galaxy Spica paid 1€.
First thing I did with it, was look around the "Android Market" looking for free games, and quickly stumbled upon andor's trail. I think it had something like 5000+ downloads at that time.
Needless to say, I rushed through it all, loving every bit of it, even more so thanks to its open-source nature, being a linux guy since the mid-2000s. I checked almost every week to see if a new update was available, and was amazed each time at the huge volume of new content added in each release. It should also be noted that it is one of the very few games that are actually playable on that antique piece of hardware. However, being as I am, I didn't even think about typing "Andor's Trail" in google until July 2011.
When I did, I arrived here (well, the former here, since it was hosted on the techby2guys domain, no andorstrail.com yet), and encountered an already wonderful community that I decided to join in minutes (while I generally need at least months : I still haven't registered on slashdot although I'm a daily reader since more than 10 years...). A few post only at each release, trying to give feedback on the latest additions, report the few bugs encountered, and read many strategy posts in order to make the most out of my grinding time !
Then, in August 2013, after completing the v0.7.0 content, during a road trip with my wife, I had an idea for a quest, and began writing the dialogues for it, then I wanted to do the maps, then edit the JSON files (the format of AT's content), and finally decided to dig in the code when I found out that some ideas I had for my quest's NPCs weren't possible with the existing code.
Reading the code gave me more ideas, but at that time, I already made my post count 10 times bigger, with no plan to stop.

Today, I have still not finished the code I wanted to write, but am still working on it, and Oskar has already included some patches I sent for the upcoming v0.7.1.

I will now also take the duty to be a moderator here. Please bear with my potential future mistakes while I learn the job. I'm sure Pyro will correct them before the rest of you notice anyway :D

I will answer all the questions regarding the game code, bugs, what is possible and not with the current code, how to contribute content, how to setup your own build environment and start coding/debugging AT, but I will leave most questions about where to find X, how to get item Y, or how to build a character that can do Z to the numerous wise players that have a way deeper knowledge than me on these matters. My main build does not even have a single point in IF ! Talk about a weak player.....

Do not hesitate to PM me for any concern about the forums ! Make me work !

Now, on to the personnal messages :

Pyro : shall I call you "Boss" now that you're the Leading One ?
scott : thanks for your support ! I hope to be up to the task !
Usman : don't worry, the scripting engine will not be slowed down by the new duty ! I swear !
Oskar : keep the code flowing ! Keep your vision !
To my wife and to my job : sorry....
Lvl: 78, XP: 8622632, Gold: 271542, RoLS: 1, ElyR: -, RoL: -, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 71, AC: 301%, AD: 38-47, AP: 3, ECC: 50%, CM: 3.75, BC: 101%, DR: 2
Oet
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Re: Days go by, colors change, lives move on...

Post by Oet »

Zukero wrote:(Oet, dude, you were fast !)
I pretty much always keep a tab of the AT forum on my phone/home computer/work computer, and I have a lot of 3-5 min breaks where I always check :)
Zukero wrote:To my wife and to my job : sorry....
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Oet:
Lvl:80|XP:9214538|AP:3|HP:291|AC:351%|AD:51-68|CHS:20|CM:0|BC:135%|DR:1
WA:1|HH:1|Do:1|CS:2|CL:1|QL:3|CE:1|IF:6|Reg:1|WP:1S:1|AP:L:1|FS:DW:2|S:DW:1
RoLS:2|ELYR:1

Last updated 22/01-14
Duke
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Duke »

Great post Zukero and I'm happy for you and for all of us here that will benefit from your time and talents. Congrats to Pyro as well, who does a great job on this forum.
Lvl78 XP9403007 Gold 248643 AP3 HP139 AC350 AD42-59 BC97 DR1
SP:D MC3 BC CS2 QL4 IF MF EB DW2
Rols1Rol2Elyr1Char1Golf1Shaf0Srov1Vsh1
Ozzy
lvl:47 HP114 AC254 AD27-37 BC112
SP:WA HH CS(2) CL CE IF(2) Reg
Rols1Rol0ElyR0Char2Shaf1Golf1Srov1Vsh1
sdevaney
Site Admin
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by sdevaney »

I was going to write a post but this one is much better than anything I would of come up with. Congrats Zuk & Pyro well deserved.
Last edited by sdevaney on Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: typing is hard sometimes
PK17
android_version: 4.0

Post by PK17 »

YAY for Zuk! And a congrats to Pyro as well... It is going to take some getting used to the new color changes, but we will manage.
Take a stop by my game thread for some forum fun!!!

http://andorstrail.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4577
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by rijackson741 »

Congratulations to both you and Pyro. Both well deserved.
applause.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
Pyrizzle
VIP

Post by Pyrizzle »

Thank you everyone!

Zukero: Awesome post my friend, I really look forward to working with you on the forums.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
fiernaq
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by fiernaq »

Gratz to both of you :)
Level: 58, HP: 102, AC: 295%, AD: 46-56, AP: 2/12, BC: 35%, DR: 4
Gold: 75235 | RoLS: 0 RoL: 0 SRoV: 0 VSH: 0
Skills: IF1, Ev1, Ev2, Ev3, CE1, CS1, CS2, Re1, WA1, HH1, Cl1, HH2, DaggerPro1, LightArmorPro1, ShieldPro1, WA2, Cl2
Equipment: Enhanced Combat Helmet, Serpent's Hauberk, Marrowtaint, Quickstrike Dagger, Remgard Shield, Villain's Ring, Villain's Ring, Leather Gloves Of Attack, Enhanced Combat Boots
Last Updated: 02-Dec-2013
mspowerplant
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by mspowerplant »

In the words of Homer Simpson "Congradumalations" :D

Well done Zukero im sure you will do a fantastic job your post are always very informative and sensible!!

Yay Pyrizzle for your pretty new fire colour! boots would have been super happy to see this!
Keep up the awesome work guys :D

Current build: LVL 80 EXP 9232014 HP253 GOLD 268714
AC 270% AD 48-52 BC 150%

And some other stuff lol
27/12/2013 :D
Pyrizzle
VIP

Post by Pyrizzle »

mspowerplant wrote:
Homer Simpson wrote:Congradumalations
Yay Pyrizzle for your pretty new fire colour! boots would have been super happy to see this!
Keep up the awesome work guys :D
Homer Simpson is secretly such a wise wise man. :lol:

Thank you very much Mrs P!