v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Embrace the Shadow!

A place to discuss anything not related to the game.
Voom
VIP
android_version: 7.0

Re: Embrace the Shadow!

Post by Voom »

I remember the days of old RPGs, but the "sexier" I get the less I care about severe and gory violence. Not impressed. I love adventures that make you forget where you are and what time it is.
Voom
Lady Drager
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by Lady Drager »

Hey, I went through a lot to gain the Queendom of the White Sands! The reason for the gore and violence was merely in keeping with the character's persona. She was an evil sorceress. I made the character during my dark period. Back when I was tired of stories about the good guys winning all the time.
Update coming soon Nina Lvl: 49 XP: 2209302 Base; HP: 79 AP: 10 AC: 75% Dam: 19 Def: 75%
WA1, HH1, BS1, QL1, IF1, Ev1, Rg1, FM1, MF1, DBoS1, DP1, LAP1, HAP1, FS:DW2, S:DW1
Equipped L&E Items: RoLS, SH, Mwt, DoSP, BotD
Voom
VIP

Post by Voom »

I ain't givin' you a chance I hope you know... but you're alright, Lady ;)

I wish I had a fictional char to myself, I always revered superman, but .. eh. Oh maybe Shazam is my guy, he's the bomb!
Voom
Lady Drager

Post by Lady Drager »

Voom wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:17 pm I ain't givin' you a chance I hope you know... but you're alright, Lady ;)
A chance for what?... but thanks Voom.
Voom wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:17 pm I wish I had a fictional char to myself, I always revered superman, but .. eh. Oh maybe Shazam is my guy, he's the bomb!
Mine are made and portrayed by me. In addition to the Queen of the White Sands I have two characters from Exalted, and one from Mage the Ascension. The Exalted ones are good girls, and the Mage is evil. I like to mix it up. The best stories come out of game sessions with players that are versatile. Although my versatility has limits. I suck at playing warriors, clerics and politicians. I excel at playing savants.
Update coming soon Nina Lvl: 49 XP: 2209302 Base; HP: 79 AP: 10 AC: 75% Dam: 19 Def: 75%
WA1, HH1, BS1, QL1, IF1, Ev1, Rg1, FM1, MF1, DBoS1, DP1, LAP1, HAP1, FS:DW2, S:DW1
Voom
VIP

Post by Voom »

Queen of the White Sands sounds pretty cool. I never played those rpgs but in the World of Darkness I bet there are all sorts of evil characters involved. I have dwelt more in the realm of inventing superheros and their powers, ones that are cool but not similar to popular ones we know today. For instance, someone who can change the density of things in his/her immediate vicinity or someone who can control sounds and their frequencies.
Voom
Lady Drager

Post by Lady Drager »

Exalted and World of Darkness (WoD) are actually taking place in the same reality. According to the story there are two halves of the wheel of time. We are in the 5th age of the lighter half in real life. Exalted takes place in the 2nd age of the darker half, when the world really was flat. WoD takes place in the 5th age of the darker half, where werewolves, vampires, mummies, mages and the Fae are real. There are actually two time periods to each creature type in WoD. All have "today" as one time period, but each also has another rule book for an earlier time. Werewolves have the old west, vapires have the Victorian era, mages have the Renaissance era, etc. There's also Wraiths (Ghosts, who can travel the Underworld... because they're dead), Hunters (supernatural "monster" hunters that don't realize they themselves are also supernatural) and more. Its very in depth and and the back stories are way cool. Too bad its currently unpopular to the extent that the company has gone bankrupt.
Voom
VIP

Post by Voom »

That is actually a very interesting background concept for a game. I'm sure there exists different factions as well. Unfortunately, games rely heavily on the success of the business model of the company. Rarely do games with failing companies leave a memorable legacy behind. Firefall is a good example of one though. Really good ideas sometimes lack good execution. To mature as a game requires to mature as a business and be able to market themselves properly too.
Voom
Voom
VIP

Post by Voom »

Check this out.
IMG_20170723_223234.jpg
This is my fav champ in this moba game called league of legends. This just one of his skins.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Voom
Lady Drager

Post by Lady Drager »

Well in the case of White Wolf, their games were quite popular. Their downfall came when they decided to change the back story of their first setting (WoD) to match the story of their newest (Exalted). We, the fans, didn't like that and stopped buying the new books. So all the money they put into the new line of books went to waste.
Voom
VIP

Post by Voom »

Wow, talk about a bad strategy! Is that what happens to everyone who embraces the shadow?
Voom