v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

TV shows

A place to discuss anything not related to the game.
Capeditiea
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Re: TV shows

Post by Capeditiea »

i have yet to read the books, and know various things... because of a friend spoiling the books a bit. yet, i still wanna read the books. i have looked for pdfs for a while now. yet even then, the show would be similar to how Gotham is... where it kinda follows the concept it is just a different writer.

i guess the new Alice in Wonderland movies are similar...

But Vikings does it too. Ragnar is kinda a legend... much like RoLS. some historians doubt he existed. (wikipedia told me. ;) ) i tend to study the different things behind a series i like.

i don't usually judge a show before watching it. and seeing various influences. because with out those influences the show may never have existed.
Player Name: ESC LVL: 47 (ChillIin' with Kayla, awaiting next update.)
Player Name: E LVL: 28 (The Fated No IF Build)
i am spoiler happy now that i have figured it out. :3
:D
Lady Drager
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by Lady Drager »

Tomcat wrote:Game of Thrones is based on a great book series, but now that the show has gone beyond the books plotwise, the storytelling has gone to the dogs.
That ALWAYS happens with shows that're made from novels. They claim that adaptations must be made to make it work for tv. Legend of the Seeker is a perfect example of how bad these "adaptations" can ruin a story.
Update coming soon Nina Lvl: 49 XP: 2209302 Base; HP: 79 AP: 10 AC: 75% Dam: 19 Def: 75%
WA1, HH1, BS1, QL1, IF1, Ev1, Rg1, FM1, MF1, DBoS1, DP1, LAP1, HAP1, FS:DW2, S:DW1
Equipped L&E Items: RoLS, SH, Mwt, DoSP, BotD
Tomcat
VIP
android_version: 7.0

Post by Tomcat »

Lady Drager wrote:
Tomcat wrote:Game of Thrones is based on a great book series, but now that the show has gone beyond the books plotwise, the storytelling has gone to the dogs.
That ALWAYS happens with shows that're made from novels. They claim that adaptations must be made to make it work for tv. Legend of the Seeker is a perfect example of how bad these "adaptations" can ruin a story.
If only that was the only problem. Yes, before they ran out of books to adapt, it wasn't as good as the books, but that's a given, as you say. Partly simplification and partly just changes they make to make the episodes flow on an hour by hour basis, instead of irregularly paced multiple chapters.

But striking out on their own, the show producers are simply unable to produce believable plot or maintain the reasons to stay engaged with the characters, whether the central ones or the new minor ones.
Norbert
Lvl:52 XP:2597576 AP:12 HP:124 AC:282 AD:30-42 CHS:27 CM:2.0 ECC:18% BC:132 DR:2
Skills: CS:2 IF:2 Ev:3 Rg:1 DgPro:1 1HPro:2 LtAPro:2 FS-DW:2 Sp-DW:1
Equip: FP BSS JoF RoP PRoB SrpHbk GoLF EnhCH EnhCB
Other: DotSP VD GoW FB TG RoD+6 Oegyth:6
nyktos
VIP

Post by nyktos »

Lady Drager wrote:Legend of the Seeker is a perfect example of how bad these "adaptations" can ruin a story.
ahhh, love Goodkind! :geek:

i knew they were gonna blow it,
those books were just insane...

it took a lot of watering down to make it TV appropriate. :evil:
"Embrace the Shadow"

[Lv: 60] [HP: 175] [AC: 361] [AD: 25-39] [BC: 75]
[Dual Wielding Swords] [Unarmored Fighting]
Lady Drager

Post by Lady Drager »

I totally agree. The novels were awesome. It's rare to see stories so well threaded. Most stories leave a lot of loose ends. But the Sword of Truth had none.
Update coming soon Nina Lvl: 49 XP: 2209302 Base; HP: 79 AP: 10 AC: 75% Dam: 19 Def: 75%
WA1, HH1, BS1, QL1, IF1, Ev1, Rg1, FM1, MF1, DBoS1, DP1, LAP1, HAP1, FS:DW2, S:DW1
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

The Walking Dead's mid-season premier is only 4 nights away! Negan must die!
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
Lady Drager

Post by Lady Drager »

Blah, I am so tired of zombies. Try something new for Shadow's sake, Hollywood!! Like Andor's Trail the series, the tale of the hero's mother. Lol.
Tomcat
VIP
android_version: 7.0

Post by Tomcat »

I've been waiting for vampire and zombie shows/movies to, um, die off for years now. Never liked either set - not one.
Norbert
Lvl:52 XP:2597576 AP:12 HP:124 AC:282 AD:30-42 CHS:27 CM:2.0 ECC:18% BC:132 DR:2
Skills: CS:2 IF:2 Ev:3 Rg:1 DgPro:1 1HPro:2 LtAPro:2 FS-DW:2 Sp-DW:1
Equip: FP BSS JoF RoP PRoB SrpHbk GoLF EnhCH EnhCB
Other: DotSP VD GoW FB TG RoD+6 Oegyth:6
Lady Drager

Post by Lady Drager »

Yeah we need a good show with a different sort of beastie. Maybe a show about nymphs or harpies. Something different at least. Werewolves are played out too.
Capeditiea

Post by Capeditiea »

WE NEED MORE FAERIES! there is far too few good shows about fae. sigh... yeah there is dark girl and strange magic... but dark girl is like charmed meets buffy meets fae.

:3
Player Name: ESC LVL: 47 (ChillIin' with Kayla, awaiting next update.)
Player Name: E LVL: 28 (The Fated No IF Build)
i am spoiler happy now that i have figured it out. :3
:D