v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

The New Msp Fitness thread

A place to discuss anything not related to the game.
Lady Drager
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Re: The New Msp Fitness thread

Post by Lady Drager »

I would like some e-juice recipes! I'm currently taking Welbutrin to manage my cigarette cravings.

Microwave Recipe:
Pre-cooked Chicken (organic is best)
Boil-in-bag Rice (any kind)
Your choice of veggies
Campbell's Cream of Chicken soup

Cook rice as directed, heat chicken with veggies. Mix all cooked items together in a bowl then add the soup straight from the can, do not heat, nor add water. The heat from the food will heat the soup. This way the soup is a sauce rather than a soup. Season to taste.

I prefer to cook on my stove or in the oven myself, but I did once have an apartment that didn't have a stove. Also, cooking with a toaster oven is easier than a full-fledged oven. Try Ritz crackers toasted with sliced pepperoni and mozzarella on top for a snack!
Update coming soon Nina Lvl: 49 XP: 2209302 Base; HP: 79 AP: 10 AC: 75% Dam: 19 Def: 75%
WA1, HH1, BS1, QL1, IF1, Ev1, Rg1, FM1, MF1, DBoS1, DP1, LAP1, HAP1, FS:DW2, S:DW1
Equipped L&E Items: RoLS, SH, Mwt, DoSP, BotD
mspowerplant
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by mspowerplant »

Lady Drager wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:56 pm I would like some e-juice recipes! I'm currently taking Welbutrin to manage my cigarette cravings.

Microwave Recipe:
Pre-cooked Chicken (organic is best)
Boil-in-bag Rice (any kind)
Your choice of veggies
Campbell's Cream of Chicken soup

Cook rice as directed, heat chicken with veggies. Mix all cooked items together in a bowl then add the soup straight from the can, do not heat, nor add water. The heat from the food will heat the soup. This way the soup is a sauce rather than a soup. Season to taste.

I prefer to cook on my stove or in the oven myself, but I did once have an apartment that didn't have a stove. Also, cooking with a toaster oven is easier than a full-fledged oven. Try Ritz crackers toasted with sliced pepperoni and mozzarella on top for a snack!
After talking to a few clients who are vapers (if that's still the cool term kids use lol) the common ground seems to be the best diy ingredients for e-liquids they have tried is vapemate UK they have a huge range of flavours and affordable. Plus a few uses mushroom cloud which is a local nz company but the consistency of the products varies.

Current build: LVL 80 EXP 9232014 HP253 GOLD 268714
AC 270% AD 48-52 BC 150%

And some other stuff lol
27/12/2013 :D
Tomcat
VIP
android_version: 7.0

Post by Tomcat »

I had always just assumed they were vaping tobacco, like e-cigarettes have.

Just not a hipster, I guess.
Norbert
Lvl:52 XP:2597576 AP:12 HP:124 AC:282 AD:30-42 CHS:27 CM:2.0 ECC:18% BC:132 DR:2
Skills: CS:2 IF:2 Ev:3 Rg:1 DgPro:1 1HPro:2 LtAPro:2 FS-DW:2 Sp-DW:1
Equip: FP BSS JoF RoP PRoB SrpHbk GoLF EnhCH EnhCB
Other: DotSP VD GoW FB TG RoD+6 Oegyth:6
mspowerplant

Post by mspowerplant »

Tomcat wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:01 am I had always just assumed they were vaping tobacco, like e-cigarettes have.

Its still nicotine tomcat just with strange flavors like bubblegum, cola, coffee flavors strange stuff if you ask me. :D

AC 270% AD 48-52 BC 150%

And some other stuff lol
Schmmiiirc
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Schmmiiirc »

One day I must look more deeply into trying vaping, if nothing else it will be considerably cheaper than my nicotine habit of pipe tobacco in roll-ups, but I'm really puzzled by the flavour thing, if I wanted cherry flavour I'd eat cherries etc. etc.

btw, yes, I used to smoke a pipe, but my workday pipe was stolen one day when I left it on a windowsill for about two minutes at a Junior school, (that's for 7-11 yrs for those not in the UK) it was admittedly in bandit country, but I wasn't expecting that. I started rolling the same baccy then and have never gone back - I still have a couple of big old Peterson pipes but they do consume vast quantities of baccy.
See the puppies scatter.
Lady Drager

Post by Lady Drager »

Well, the flavors are more prominent as scents rather than tastes. They're also better than the taste of tobacco which actually tastes worse for anyone you kiss or whomever smells your breath than it is for you. So the people around you would appreciate the change. Only reason I'm not vaping is I can't afford the juice. I have people willing to trade tobacco for food items, but no one willing to trade juice.
Update coming soon Nina Lvl: 49 XP: 2209302 Base; HP: 79 AP: 10 AC: 75% Dam: 19 Def: 75%
WA1, HH1, BS1, QL1, IF1, Ev1, Rg1, FM1, MF1, DBoS1, DP1, LAP1, HAP1, FS:DW2, S:DW1
Equipped L&E Items: RoLS, SH, Mwt, DoSP, BotD
Tomcat
VIP
android_version: 7.0

Post by Tomcat »

mspowerplant wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:55 am
Tomcat wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:01 am I had always just assumed they were vaping tobacco, like e-cigarettes have.

Its still nicotine tomcat just with strange flavors like bubblegum, cola, coffee flavors strange stuff if you ask me. :D
Ugh, even worse
Norbert
Lvl:52 XP:2597576 AP:12 HP:124 AC:282 AD:30-42 CHS:27 CM:2.0 ECC:18% BC:132 DR:2
Skills: CS:2 IF:2 Ev:3 Rg:1 DgPro:1 1HPro:2 LtAPro:2 FS-DW:2 Sp-DW:1
Equip: FP BSS JoF RoP PRoB SrpHbk GoLF EnhCH EnhCB
Other: DotSP VD GoW FB TG RoD+6 Oegyth:6
rijackson741

Post by rijackson741 »

Bubblegum flavored cigarettes would have made me give up years earlier :lol:
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
mspowerplant

Post by mspowerplant »

Schmmiiirc wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:20 am One day I must look more deeply into trying vaping, if nothing else it will be considerably cheaper than my nicotine habit of pipe tobacco in roll-ups, but I'm really puzzled by the flavour thing, if I wanted cherry flavour I'd eat cherries etc. etc.

btw, yes, I used to smoke a pipe, but my workday pipe was stolen one day when I left it on a windowsill for about two minutes at a Junior school, (that's for 7-11 yrs for those not in the UK) it was admittedly in bandit country, but I wasn't expecting that. I started rolling the same baccy then and have never gone back - I still have a couple of big old Peterson pipes but they do consume vast quantities of baccy.
Its a extremely affordable solution $5-$10 NZD a week compared to $20+ for a packet of 20s
Lady Drager wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:13 pm Well, the flavors are more prominent as scents rather than tastes. They're also better than the taste of tobacco which actually tastes worse for anyone you kiss or whomever smells your breath than it is for you. So the people around you would appreciate the change. Only reason I'm not vaping is I can't afford the juice. I have people willing to trade tobacco for food items, but no one willing to trade juice.
Oh the do have a very nice smell and taste good so I've heard.
Mind you a few clients stick to traditional flavours like red tobacco, menthol tobacco and rye still.
rijackson741 wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:52 pm Bubblegum flavored cigarettes would have made me give up years earlier :lol:
Never been a bubblegum fan either reminds me of a girl I hated at school :lol:

AC 270% AD 48-52 BC 150%

And some other stuff lol
Zukero
Lead Developer
android_version: 8.0

Post by Zukero »

Finding the flavor that suits you is the first major obstacle to replace tobacco by vaping.
I'm using some variant of tobacco-flavor, but had to try at least 15 different ones (for free, in a specialized store) until I found one that didn't taste like a mouthful of sugar, but more or less matched the cigarette feel. It's not some organic/special blend/hipster liquid, just one I can find in enough shops not to fear running out of supplies without a chance of purchasing some locally.
I'm smoking typical filtered cigarettes, not rolled or pipe, so your mileage may vary for finding the right liquid.

The second major obstacle is finding the hardware that suits you.
You'll typically start with a low-price e-cig, with a low voltage battery and a small, disposable tank. That's good enough to know whether it suits you or not, but you'll quickly have to invest some more.
I settled for a couple of 4.8V batteries, and a small, basic (but reusable) tank. Some go way further (and more expensive), or even build/tweak/mod their own. I don't. I like to keep it compact (stick-shaped).
My TCO (total cost of ownership, so hardware with estimated lifetime plus liquid) is around 5 times less than what I spent on cigarettes, excluding what I save on lighters too :D

I'd say it's cheap enough to try, but it won't suit everyone.
Lvl: 78, XP: 8622632, Gold: 271542, RoLS: 1, ElyR: -, RoL: -, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 71, AC: 301%, AD: 38-47, AP: 3, ECC: 50%, CM: 3.75, BC: 101%, DR: 2