Most common builds

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.

Which build do you use most?

Quickstrike / Ninja (2ap attack cost, high damage and AC)
17%
Tank / Rhino (Super high DR)
6%
Defensive (High BC and good AC)
5%
Balanced (mostly evened out lv up points to all-round development)
38%
HP (Increased fortitude, regen, and corpse eater maniac)
5%
Critical / Gambit (Critical hits)
11%
Extreme Defensive (High DR and High BC)
6%
Other builds
13%

Total votes: 64

Piggy the Slayer
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Re: Most common builds

Post by Piggy the Slayer »

Starting to build some critical skill to be ready for stronger foes. IF taking priority.
Level:145 AC: 428% BC:170% DR:4 AD:78-90 AP:12 HP:750 BSS.
Spark
android_version: 4.3

Post by Spark »

Need an advice from experienced advanturers for my Ninja QsD build.

I would like to take a break from quests, and gain some levels and gold. :)
What would you suggest for my 28 lvl character bout equipment, skills and locations which he should consider to visit. :)

How much of AC is enough? From which point I can invest in damage?

I just finished my 28 lvl in the jelly cave. I like jellies because some of them are static, and the cave is narrow, so I don't misspoint my character. 150-200 xp seems good, and they spawn fast, but jellies don't drop money and meat.

I consider Way to Lake for robe of Valugha and Valugha's shimmering hat. But afraid of spiders and Plaque masters because of their high BC.

Thanks for advice!
Image lvl: 34, HP: 79, AC: 231%, AD: 19-27, AP: 2/12, BC: 22%, Move Cost 4
Equipment: QsD, JoF, Villian's ring2, Villian's armor, HPG, Coward's boots, Fine green hat, Wooden defender
Skills: IF2, Ev3, Re1, CS2
fiernaq

Post by fiernaq »

I went for 250% AC before hopping on the AD train. No reason really other than I thought that would be a decent amount. I suppose your goal should be to always maintain a chance to hit of over 80% and preferably over 85% and then unload everything else into AD.

You're a bit low for Remgard yet, it would be possible but you'd use a lot of potions and it would require quite a bit of hit and run. However, once you get there you'll have access to a few equipment upgrades. I'm wearing:
Enhanced Combat Helmet (Remgard)
Remgard Combat Vest (Remgard)
Marrowtaint (Near Remgard)
QSD (of course)
Remgard Shield (Remgard)
2x Villain's Ring
Leather Gloves of Attack
Enhanced Combat Boots (Remgard)
I'd like to pick up both the hat and armor that give -1 AP move cost to facilitate hit-n-run but for now I'm focusing on gaining a few levels to pick up some much needed skills (and AD). Us QSD players really benefit from Cleave (and the WA and HH that are required to get Cleave) and I think we also benefit considerably from Corpse Eater since we burn through mobs so quickly. The Fighting Style skills are useless to us but you probably should pick up Dagger Proficiency and an Armor Proficiency at least using Oegyth Crystals when you get to that point.

If you're looking for a decent place to grind you should check out the cave right before the spiders on the way to Remgard. You'll need to get past the Izthiels (green, look like plants) but once you make it to the cave you have 3 rooms of big, fat, slow brown and grey and black critters and a bed in the north-west that you can use to farm them for a while. They give decent XP but mostly they're just so easy you can run around with your eyes closed and not have to worry about dying. I did that for quite a while till I was strong enough to make it past the spiders and get to Remgard.
Level: 58, HP: 102, AC: 295%, AD: 46-56, AP: 2/12, BC: 35%, DR: 4
Gold: 75235 | RoLS: 0 RoL: 0 SRoV: 0 VSH: 0
Skills: IF1, Ev1, Ev2, Ev3, CE1, CS1, CS2, Re1, WA1, HH1, Cl1, HH2, DaggerPro1, LightArmorPro1, ShieldPro1, WA2, Cl2
Equipment: Enhanced Combat Helmet, Serpent's Hauberk, Marrowtaint, Quickstrike Dagger, Remgard Shield, Villain's Ring, Villain's Ring, Leather Gloves Of Attack, Enhanced Combat Boots
Last Updated: 02-Dec-2013
sorrow

Post by sorrow »

For me I'm an item hunter build

Sorrow
Lvl:80 XP:9214038 Gold:1mil Hp:243 AC:301 Ad:28-49 Ch:21 Cm:2.0 Ecc:15 BC:148 Dr:3

skills:
WA:2. HH:2. CS:2. TH:2 QL:2 IF:2 REG:2 MF:5 DBS:1 2HSP:1 LAP:2 HAP:1 SREG:1
L/E
CHAR:1 ROLS:1 ELYR:1 GOLF:1 SHAF: 1
Spark
android_version: 4.3

Post by Spark »

Thanks, fiernaq.

I think you talk about this cave. http://andorstrail.irkalla.cz/map/mount ... .html#west
I guess in a new version Critters are replaced by Scaradons.
By the way where grind such characters as your 52 level?
Image lvl: 34, HP: 79, AC: 231%, AD: 19-27, AP: 2/12, BC: 22%, Move Cost 4
Equipment: QsD, JoF, Villian's ring2, Villian's armor, HPG, Coward's boots, Fine green hat, Wooden defender
Skills: IF2, Ev3, Re1, CS2
fiernaq

Post by fiernaq »

That's the one. I couldn't remember the name of those monsters and was too lazy to look it up which is why I called them "critters" but yes, it's the Scaradons that I'm talking about.

I'm currently XP grinding in the Iquan caves. I'll eat a piece of meat before entering and it usually lasts me all the way till the end then I eat another one on my way back. I do have to be careful though because some of those monsters crit and if I don't manage to get the first hit in then I can find myself 40 HP short all of a sudden. I actually died recently because I was going so fast that I didn't realize I'd been crit until I got crit again and woke up in bed. That's the weakness of this build: if you don't get that first hit in you're very vulnerable.
Level: 58, HP: 102, AC: 295%, AD: 46-56, AP: 2/12, BC: 35%, DR: 4
Gold: 75235 | RoLS: 0 RoL: 0 SRoV: 0 VSH: 0
Skills: IF1, Ev1, Ev2, Ev3, CE1, CS1, CS2, Re1, WA1, HH1, Cl1, HH2, DaggerPro1, LightArmorPro1, ShieldPro1, WA2, Cl2
Equipment: Enhanced Combat Helmet, Serpent's Hauberk, Marrowtaint, Quickstrike Dagger, Remgard Shield, Villain's Ring, Villain's Ring, Leather Gloves Of Attack, Enhanced Combat Boots
Last Updated: 02-Dec-2013
carrot00

Post by carrot00 »

Hey guys, new to the game. Is there a page where it provides what skills to place your point in on those skill builds?
Carl
Level 34 738877 XP, 56106 Gold
AP 12/3, HP 60, AC 189%, AD 39-49+12x2.0 BC 6%
WA 3, HH 1, CS 2, IF 1, Regen 1, DP 1

Like playing a browser with great active community?
Join us in Torn City!
Register here
I'll help you through out the game
Flaming
android_version: 8.0

Post by Flaming »

carrot00 wrote:Hey guys, new to the game. Is there a page where it provides what skills to place your point in on those skill builds?
Hello and welcome!

There is not a page that has information on specifically where to place your points.

It all depends on build.

Look here for build equipment.
http://andorstrail.com/viewtopic.php?f= ... ild#p41151

Look here for skill list.
http://andorstrail.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1498
RoLS: 0, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0, ChaR: 0, GoLF: 0, ShaF: 0, SRoV: 0, VSH: 0, WMC: 0, GoW: 0
carrot00

Post by carrot00 »

Thanks Flaming!
Carl
Level 34 738877 XP, 56106 Gold
AP 12/3, HP 60, AC 189%, AD 39-49+12x2.0 BC 6%
WA 3, HH 1, CS 2, IF 1, Regen 1, DP 1

Like playing a browser with great active community?
Join us in Torn City!
Register here
I'll help you through out the game
Flaming
android_version: 8.0

Post by Flaming »

carrot00 wrote:Thanks Flaming!
No problem. The forum is here to share valuable information and have fun in the process.
Unless of course you are a robot (like me) and have no fun. Just sharing. Jk :lol:
RoLS: 0, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0, ChaR: 0, GoLF: 0, ShaF: 0, SRoV: 0, VSH: 0, WMC: 0, GoW: 0