v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Translation in Russian

Discussions of the development process of the game.
devil_inside
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Translation in Russian

Post by devil_inside »

было бы неплохо составить таблицу именований населенных пунктов (для начала) и, по возможности, предметов, мостров и имен, требующих и не требующих перевода, на которую можно было опираться при обработке текста.

Using Google translate: it would be nice to make a table naming of settlements (to start) and, where possible, items, and Mostra names, requiring and not requiring translation, which could be based in the processing of text.

----------------------------------------double post combined.nyktos.-----------

Crossglenn | Долина Креста | Кроссглен
Loneford | Одинокий Брод | Лонфорд
Feygard | Обреченноград | Фейгард
Fallhaven | Приют Падших | Фоллхейвен
Foaming Flask | Пенная Фляга
Blackwater mountain | Черноводная Гора
Crossroads [guardhouse|tower] | Пост на перекрестке
Gauward | Говард
Flagstone | Сигнальный Камень
Nor City | Город Отказов | Норград
Vilegard | Подлоград | Вильгард
Prim | Прим
Carn Tower | Башня Плоти
Laeroth | Лаэрот
Remgard | Ремгард
Brightport | Светлая Гавань
Last edited by devil_inside on Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:46 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Steinkorall
android_version: 2.2

Re: Translation in Russian

Post by Steinkorall »

Здравствуйте.

Пользуясь топиком, хочу спросить: я бы хотел присоединиться к переводу игру на русский. Как мне начать? Я говорю не о технической стороне дела (я читал HOWTO), а о согласовании с другими переводчиками. Судя по комментариям на Google Code там кто-то собрался переработать чуть ли не весь перевод. Надо с кем-то договариваться-синхронизироваться или можно начинать редактировать имеющиеся файлы и слать патчи?

Таблица стандартных переводов названий и терминов, конечно, совершенно необходима. И что в итоге решили выбрать: транслитерацию или перевод?

И еще, мне кажется, надо как-то поаккуратнее быть с орфографией, пунктуацией, а особенно со стилистикой.

Translation
Hello,

Good thing someone started this topic. I'd like to join the Russian translation effort, but how do I begin? I don't mean the technical details (I've read the HOWTO) but rather coordinating my efforts with other translators. From what I can see in the discussions of commits on Google Code someone is trying to rewrite the whole translation or something. So do I have to speak to someone first or can I just begin translating and sending patches?

The table of names and terms is, of course, vital. So, what was decided, should names be transliterated or should we actually translate them ("Vil'gard" vs "Podlograd")?

Also I would humbly notice that more attention should be paid to spelling and grammar and especially to the style. In the translation, I mean.
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

Steinkorall wrote:Здравствуйте.

Пользуясь топиком, хочу спросить: я бы хотел присоединиться к переводу игру на русский. Как мне начать? Я говорю не о технической стороне дела (я читал HOWTO), а о согласовании с другими переводчиками. Судя по комментариям на Google Code там кто-то собрался переработать чуть ли не весь перевод. Надо с кем-то договариваться-синхронизироваться или можно начинать редактировать имеющиеся файлы и слать патчи?

Таблица стандартных переводов названий и терминов, конечно, совершенно необходима. И что в итоге решили выбрать: транслитерацию или перевод?

И еще, мне кажется, надо как-то поаккуратнее быть с орфографией, пунктуацией, а особенно со стилистикой.

Translation
Hello,

Good thing someone started this topic. I'd like to join the Russian translation effort, but how do I begin? I don't mean the technical details (I've read the HOWTO) but rather coordinating my efforts with other translators. From what I can see in the discussions of commits on Google Code someone is trying to rewrite the whole translation or something. So do I have to speak to someone first or can I just begin translating and sending patches?

The table of names and terms is, of course, vital. So, what was decided, should names be transliterated or should we actually translate them ("Vil'gard" vs "Podlograd")?

Also I would humbly notice that more attention should be paid to spelling and grammar and especially to the style. In the translation, I mean.

Please! All posts on the forum need to be in English.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Steinkorall
android_version: 2.2

Post by Steinkorall »

Please! All posts on the forum need to be in English.
Sorry! I thought translating my post would suffice. I'll post only in English from now on.
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

Thank you Thank you Thank you! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

sdevaney
Site Admin
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by sdevaney »

The most recent committed RU translation can be found here: http://code.google.com/p/andors-trail/s ... Fvalues-ru

You can submit your changes via the issue tracker.

We are not fluent in all the languages we offer so we have to rely on you guys, the community to give us the best translations we can have.

Thank you for all the help.

sdevaney
devil_inside

Post by devil_inside »

Steinkorall wrote:Здравствуйте.

Translation
Hello,

I think, you can translate and edit and put the patch in the svn content editor through web-gui.
i do the same.
now, i think, there is better looks transliteration, but some names sounds in russian very tempting and pretty. may be, we should leave them translated.
table is in the first post, you can suggest something.

ps:
а вообще, писать в топике про русский перевод исключительно по-английски - моветон и странность.
)
devil_inside

Post by devil_inside »

v069, v0610, v0611 questists is ready.
http://code.google.com/p/andors-trail/i ... ail?id=297

has anyone any comments about any success in any parts of any quests?
:D
and what files are making now by other translators?
)
devil_inside

Post by devil_inside »

devil_inside wrote:v069, v0610, v0611 questists is ready.
http://code.google.com/p/andors-trail/i ... ail?id=297

has anyone any comments about any success in any parts of any quests?
:D
and what files are making now by other translators?
)
topic is dead.
))

my phone had been changed to nokia n9, and it has not andor's trail
)
i 'm feeling some pleased myself, but phone is good.
infsega

Post by infsega »

devil_inside wrote: topic is dead.
))

my phone had been changed to nokia n9, and it has not andor's trail
)
i 'm feeling some pleased myself, but phone is good.
than you need to try OpenMobile ACL!
for example, I'm playing Andor's Trail on BlackBerry PlayBook :)