a more noticable difference in difficulty

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
nether
android_version: 3.1 - Honeycomb

a more noticable difference in difficulty

Post by nether »

Something that I've noticed that has always annoyed me. I'm not sure if its intentional or not, or just a way to add a little more variety to mobs, but when I get into an area and see 2-3 monsters with a change in the beginning of their name, (lets take scaradons for an example) :

Hardshell, Tough, and just plain scaradon.

Running through their stats, it frustrates me that they are all practically the same. One has +1 to damage and another has like a +1 to DR. I'd like it better if they got a lot more noticeably stronger, as their name suggests instead of such a small change in stats.

I don't know if this is with all monsters, but I've seen it with auleaths too from what I can remember.

When it comes to actor conditions the difference is a lot more noticeable, but overall I see this small increase in stats trend a lot. It still feels like I'm fighting the same thing with the different name. You really can't tell that they've increased slightly in anything.
nyktos
VIP
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Re: a more noticable difference in difficulty

Post by nyktos »

another well timed post!

we are talking about how the mobs are grouped on each map,
and how we have come to expect certain things in this world...

[ian's new maps for v0.7.0]

i agree - the differences should be more noticeable!

the quick should be quicker
the strong should be stronger

[in relation to standard enemies]
[names and adjustments totally random]

Code: Select all

Wolf = Standard
Quick Wolf = Standard + Double AP
Rugged Wolf = Standard + Double BC
Strong Wolf = Standard + Double AD
Resilient Wolf = Standard + Double HP
double may be pushing it, just saying that the differences could be more obvious.[/b]

:twisted:
"Embrace the Shadow"

[Lv: 60] [HP: 175] [AC: 361] [AD: 25-39] [BC: 75]
[Dual Wielding Swords] [Unarmored Fighting]
phydeaux
VIP
android_version: 5.1 - Lolipop
Location: Gargoyle cavern, blindly hacking mobs to pieces till I find a rols!

Re: a more noticable difference in difficulty

Post by phydeaux »

The reason actor conditions are more noticeable is because they stack... In effect, they are multipliers. The conditions effect is coded into the game, and thus, when you get a stack of, say, 7 irdegh poisons, it's 7x the effect of a single poison...when you add 7 to the ad of a mob, you end up with 7 more damage per hit... It's a magnitude thing, because 7 looks like it's a lot more damage, specially when you're changing something that only had 10 or so ad to begin with, but in practice, it's really not that much of a change...
I really need internet access on my lappy so I can start coding some of my ideas...
Anyhoo, happy hunting :D