Main Page Impression

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
PK17
android_version: 4.0

Main Page Impression

Post by PK17 »

I know we have all seen it more times than we can imagine. The big red letters saying "Andor's Trail", the 5 monsters, and the stats of your current character. Then the options, continue, load, etc. Other than that it is just a blank gray screen.

Game app downloaders usually decide within the first 10 minutes whether they enjoy the game or not. I know I do, honestly I even considered uninstalling AT a few times in the beginning (so glad I didn't) The very first thing you see when you download is the main page. I think the main page needs to make a big first impressions to new players. This "new" main page portray why this is such a great game.

I think we need a better setup for the main page. I like the bold title, and the possible monsters you might come across in your journey. Red fits as the color for the title. I like displaying the monsters, but not lined up like that. The options are necessary of course, but lets color them. We need a back round too, not just the gray screen, we could make it a current or future map, maybe the maps could cycle (coding nightmare?). All around it shouldn't be hard to spruce it up, and it needs it.

So what I was thinking was having a community challenge. Everyone who wants to can design either digitally or just hand drawn (if someone is willing to code if the winner cannot) the "new" main page. We can have a huge vote as a community on the forum, or if we do not get many entries, we can have each entry go head-to-head against another. This would be a great way to get work done on the game, have a little competition, and a lot of forum fun.

What do you think?
1: Does the main page even need updated?
2: Would you present an entry?
3:Would you vote?
4: Is it a good idea?

Thanks for reading. ~~~~PK
Take a stop by my game thread for some forum fun!!!

http://andorstrail.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4577
nyktos
VIP
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Re: Main Page Impression

Post by nyktos »

check out this thread...

:D

Link: "Title Screen - A little help from the Players?"

there are so many exciting things in the works,
it must feel like a snails pace from the outside - i imagine.

:lol:

there are some amazing posts on that thread...
another excellent example of our fine community.

:twisted:
"Embrace the Shadow"

[Lv: 60] [HP: 175] [AC: 361] [AD: 25-39] [BC: 75]
[Dual Wielding Swords] [Unarmored Fighting]
PK17
android_version: 4.0

Re: Main Page Impression

Post by PK17 »

Thanks nyktos, seems I am always a step behind (or 5 steps ahead). There are some great ideas there. Probably should have searched before I made this topic.

Always on your top game my friend.
Take a stop by my game thread for some forum fun!!!

http://andorstrail.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4577