Maximizing HP gained in combat

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
Argon of Peristalsis
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Maximizing HP gained in combat

Post by Argon of Peristalsis »

Somewhere under Lodar's house, as I was carving up bats and ghosts, I wondered:

What's the maximum HP I can earn each round? If I combine sustenance, regeneration, lifesteal, and anything else I can, what is the greatest boost I can get?
Actually, I don't fight any more. I let the gods handle it. They love fighting. I get them to fight each other and leave us in peace. It's bad enough when humans start trouble.
fiernaq

Re: Maximizing HP gained in combat

Post by fiernaq »

I don't see a limit on Regeneration skill or Corpse Eater.
Level: 58, HP: 102, AC: 295%, AD: 46-56, AP: 2/12, BC: 35%, DR: 4
Gold: 75235 | RoLS: 0 RoL: 0 SRoV: 0 VSH: 0
Skills: IF1, Ev1, Ev2, Ev3, CE1, CS1, CS2, Re1, WA1, HH1, Cl1, HH2, DaggerPro1, LightArmorPro1, ShieldPro1, WA2, Cl2
Equipment: Enhanced Combat Helmet, Serpent's Hauberk, Marrowtaint, Quickstrike Dagger, Remgard Shield, Villain's Ring, Villain's Ring, Leather Gloves Of Attack, Enhanced Combat Boots
Last Updated: 02-Dec-2013
Spirestone
android_version: 4.0

Post by Spirestone »

fiernaq wrote:I don't see a limit on Regeneration skill or Corpse Eater.
I believe he is talking about the maximum health that can be gained per round during combat. Those skills would not be in use for this. Though, Shadow Regeneration would be.
Level: 81, XP: 9625327, Gold: 1179469
HP: 276, AC: 283%, AD: 46-62, AP: 4, ECC: -, CM: -, BC: 211%, DR: 3
RoLS: 2, ElyR: 0, RoL: 1, ChaR: 0, GoLF: 0, ShaF: 0, SRoV: 0, VSH: 0, WMC: 0, GoW: 0
fiernaq

Post by fiernaq »

Sustenance wouldn't either, right? He mentioned both Sustenance and Regeneration and doesn't refer to "in-combat" at all other than to mention lifestealing.

To be clear, the only in-combat HP regen you get is from lifesteal items with on-hit. That's limited completely to weapons at this time as there are no skills that provide on-hit lifesteal. Then you have on-kill regen which comes from Corpse Eater and a few items (RoL for example). Last but not least you have out of combat regen such as Regeneration, Sustenance, Shadow Regeneration (from RoLS), etc.
Skills: IF1, Ev1, Ev2, Ev3, CE1, CS1, CS2, Re1, WA1, HH1, Cl1, HH2, DaggerPro1, LightArmorPro1, ShieldPro1, WA2, Cl2
Equipment: Enhanced Combat Helmet, Serpent's Hauberk, Marrowtaint, Quickstrike Dagger, Remgard Shield, Villain's Ring, Villain's Ring, Leather Gloves Of Attack, Enhanced Combat Boots
Argon of Peristalsis

Post by Argon of Peristalsis »

To clarify, I meant in-combat boosts to HP. You're fighting a monster or five, and they're knocking down your hit points every round, but you've got things building them back up so you don't die.

So regeneration skill doesn't count, but RoLS regeneration does. As do:

Sustenance (+3)
Lifesteal (maximum +9 per Rapier, assuming three attacks per round)
Restoration (+1 when using, say, Liquid Courage)
Regeneration (Lodar's health potion, for instance)

The big question is stacking. Two RoL's will stack. Two RoLS's will not. Sustenance does not.

So if you prep yourself just right, you can get a huge boost each round. I wondered if anyone else has tried to maximize the number.
Actually, I don't fight any more. I let the gods handle it. They love fighting. I get them to fight each other and leave us in peace. It's bad enough when humans start trouble.
fiernaq

Post by fiernaq »

I don't have a RoLS to test this but if Regeneration skill doesn't apply during combat then why would Shadow Regeneration from RoLS? Aren't both of them dependent on a "round" occurring which is 6 seconds of out of combat state? Wasn't that a fairly recent change so you couldn't just start combat, wait a minute to fully regen health, then attack till your turn ends, get hit by the monster, wait again until your health fully regens, then attack again etc.? If any of the regen abilities work without combat progressing then wouldn't they be broken and need a bug report? Otherwise, if you're talking about multi-round fights where you attack then monster attacks then you attack then monster attacks etc., how many of those count as a single round for the purpose of triggering regen effects?
Mayweed
VIP
android_version: 2.1 - Eclair

Post by Mayweed »

Each time your opponents end their turn a round is triggered (before your turn begins).

You can easily test it by fighting some poisonous frogs or snakes.
Don't hit them, just end your turns and wait until you're poisoned.
Then each round you see posion working until the condition runs out.
Eat some food and continue ending turns, then you'll see sustenance
working each round. When you're convinced: kill'em all :-)
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

Shadow Regeneration, Regeneration (from potions), Courage (Heals 1HP), Shadow's Protection (Heals 1HP), and Sustenance

W/ Rol:
2 Hp on kill
0-3 HP on hit

w/ 2 Rol
4 Hp on kill
0-6 HP on hit