Beginners question and worries

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Re: Beginners question and worries

Post by rijackson741 »

Covenant wrote:Pros: Higher Attack Damage, stacking the bonus effects (such as Critical Skill or Multiplier), typically makes use of weapons with lower Actions Points (3,4) so you get in more hits on creeps each round.
CS stacks, CM does not. Stacking the CS is also not as beneficial as you might at first think. If you have DotSP in the main hand (because it has the highest CS and CM of any weapon, and it's only 4AP), and you have some other gear that boosts CS, your ECC is probably in the range of 20-25% (I'm in that range). The highest CS you can have in the off hand is then 10 (for example, FP). Because of the way CS is converted to ECC that will only add 4-3% to your ECC, making it 24-28%.

I like dual wielding for the variety. I can mix and match weapons. Yes, it gives high AC and a slightly higher AD, but mainly it's fun :D
Oet wrote:Also, I do recall reading something about wearing weapons with crit chance without not having crit is useless. Is there a skill you have to unlock before you have the ability to actually use the crit stat?
The only requirement is that the weapon in the main hand must have a CS greater than 0. If the weapon in the main hand has no CS then any other gear you have with a CS boost has no effect.

Carefully read the skill description about how AP works! Dual wield is not very useful until you have both levels of it, so it's not something to worry about early in the game. Until you have both levels sword and shield is the best bet.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
fiernaq
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by fiernaq »

Vish is correct about not dual wielding until after you have the skill maxed out. Before then you might as well use a weapon and shield because you won't be penalized for that.
If you're still < 10 then stick to the snake cave. Try your best to get as far into it as possible before you have to run back and rest in a bed then repeat. I wouldn't leave the snake cave till you can make it all the way in and all the way back out without having to rest. Also, as others have said, if you head east out of the main village (Crossglen) there's a map with a couple of little dogs that should be easy to kill and you can also go north a map from there as well. The wasps will be difficult so try to avoid them but all dogs and boars should be killable and give better XP than snakes. Once you hit level 15ish you can try to head south past the snake cave till the road turns west. Take that road and you'll see a guard standing around. Talk to him and then head southeast past the guard and take a look in the prison. That's one of the best places early on to get really good gold and XP.

For skills, hopefully you took Increased Fortitude at level 5 but if not just take it as soon as possible because the HP per level that it gives is not retroactive. Focus on getting your AC up with level points and then try to grab some of the +4 damage rings. Later on you'll get even better rings that can add even more to AD which will cover you till you have enough AC to start putting level points into AD.
Level: 58, HP: 102, AC: 295%, AD: 46-56, AP: 2/12, BC: 35%, DR: 4
Gold: 75235 | RoLS: 0 RoL: 0 SRoV: 0 VSH: 0
Skills: IF1, Ev1, Ev2, Ev3, CE1, CS1, CS2, Re1, WA1, HH1, Cl1, HH2, DaggerPro1, LightArmorPro1, ShieldPro1, WA2, Cl2
Equipment: Enhanced Combat Helmet, Serpent's Hauberk, Marrowtaint, Quickstrike Dagger, Remgard Shield, Villain's Ring, Villain's Ring, Leather Gloves Of Attack, Enhanced Combat Boots
Last Updated: 02-Dec-2013
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

I find that i can level up a lot fast while grinding the areas just outside of Crossglen (hunting down rabid dogs)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oet
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Oet »

I've reached level 12 now. I have only spent one skill point in Increased Fortitude at level 5. I'm saving the rest as I level up to see what I need and don't. If I remember correctly there is some nice things to pick at level 15 (don't know exactly what, because I dont have AT available at this particular point).

I reached the end of snake cave and got the dagger (with the help of some Cooked Meat and a few Potions. I also granted access to the thieves guild where i used all my saved gold in the nice shop down there (about 8000 gold, gotta love meat!). I will just keep grind in the local areas until I reach about level 15, then I will try to find the prison. I'm also interested in what's up in the north, and will be exploring those areas as I progress.

Thank you all for the help here in the start, really helped out. I think now I'm able to stand on both my legs on my own for a while.

Happy hunting and I wish you all the very best of luck in your search for your goals!

With love,
Oet
Oet:
Lvl:80|XP:9214538|AP:3|HP:291|AC:351%|AD:51-68|CHS:20|CM:0|BC:135%|DR:1
WA:1|HH:1|Do:1|CS:2|CL:1|QL:3|CE:1|IF:6|Reg:1|WP:1S:1|AP:L:1|FS:DW:2|S:DW:1
RoLS:2|ELYR:1

Last updated 22/01-14
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by rijackson741 »

Oet wrote:I've reached level 12 now. I have only spent one skill point in Increased Fortitude at level 5. I'm saving the rest as I level up to see what I need and don't.
You can save your skill points and use them later with no penalty other than the fact that you don't have their benefit immediately. With one exception, Increased Fortitude, because your HP increases by 1 for each skill point, for every level you gain. IMO you should take at least two skill points in IF as soon as it is possible to do so. Preferably more (I always take them; no upper limit).
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
fiernaq
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by fiernaq »

Oet, just north of the starter village is a little guardhouse. Finish a few quests there and you'll gain access to some pretty good weapons/armor from a couple of vendors. You've already discovered the thieves guild and that is indeed where you can pick up some other really good equipment. Other than that, the prison really is a good place for both leveling and gold and drops a really nice sword at the end too. Best of luck!
Level: 58, HP: 102, AC: 295%, AD: 46-56, AP: 2/12, BC: 35%, DR: 4
Gold: 75235 | RoLS: 0 RoL: 0 SRoV: 0 VSH: 0
Skills: IF1, Ev1, Ev2, Ev3, CE1, CS1, CS2, Re1, WA1, HH1, Cl1, HH2, DaggerPro1, LightArmorPro1, ShieldPro1, WA2, Cl2
Equipment: Enhanced Combat Helmet, Serpent's Hauberk, Marrowtaint, Quickstrike Dagger, Remgard Shield, Villain's Ring, Villain's Ring, Leather Gloves Of Attack, Enhanced Combat Boots
Last Updated: 02-Dec-2013
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

You will be able to invest another skill point into Increased Fortitude at level 20.
(Skill lvl - @Level)
1- @5
2- @20
3- @35
4- @50
5- @65
6- @80
7- @95
8- @110