v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Polish translation

Discussions of the development process of the game.
only1doug
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Re: Polish translation

Post by only1doug »

sorrow wrote:If its possible to run all AT dialog threw this.program we can get all translated correctly in no time flat.
Hi Sorrow,

Translation programs don't give perfect translations, the result often seems very strange.

Try running a sentance through a translation program and then back, you'll see some odd results:

here's an example
Original text
Today marks the two year anniversary of the Andor’s Trail forum, and as a result, it has produced this wonderful community. In these two years the game and community have both come a long way and surpassed anything we ever imagined they would be.
In these two years we have had over 15,000 members join the forums, post over 15,000 threads, and almost 25,000 individual posts! We went from only having a couple maps to almost 300! From a few lines of dialogue about some bread and rats to over 5000 lines! From 25,000 downloads to over 400,000 all in the span of just two years.

Without all the support from everyone in the Andor's Trail community, the game would not be as great as it is today. We on the development team would like to give something back to you guys, as a token of our appreciation for all the great ideas, for all the good laughs, and for the helpfulness displayed by the community.
Google Translate Polish translation:
Dziś mija dwa rocznicę Andor na forum Trail, aw rezultacie wyprodukował tę wspaniałą wspólnotę. W tych dwóch latach gry i społeczność zarówno długą drogę i przewyższał wszystko, co nam się wydaje, że będą.
W tych dwóch lat mieliśmy ponad 15.000 członków dołączyć do forum, zamieszczać ponad 15.000 wątków, i prawie 25.000 pojedynczych postów! Poszliśmy z map tylko posiadające kilka do prawie 300! Od kilku linijek dialogu o kawałek chleba i szczurów ponad 5000 linii! Od 25.000 do ponad 400.000 pliki do pobrania wszystko na przestrzeni zaledwie dwóch lat.

Bez wszystkich wsparciu wszyscy w Andor społeczność Trail, gra nie będzie tak wielka, jak to jest dzisiaj. Mamy w zespole rozwoju chcieliby dać coś z powrotem do was, jako wyraz naszej wdzięczności dla wszystkich wielkich idei, dla wszystkich śmieje dobre i na przydatność wyświetlanego przez społeczność.
Google translate English version (translating the polish back to english)
Today marks the anniversary of two online Andor Trail, as a result, has produced this wonderful community. In these two years, the game and the community both come a long way and surpassed all that we think it will.
In these two years we had more than 15,000 members to join the forum, upload over 15,000 threads, and nearly 25,000 individual posts! We went with map only having a few to almost 300! For a few lines of dialogue for a piece of bread and rats than 5000 lines! From 25,000 to more than 400,000 downloads all the space of just two years.

Without all the support of everyone in the community Andor Trail, the game will not be as great as it is today. We have a development team would like to give something back to you, as an expression of our gratitude for all the great ideas for all the laughs and good fitness displayed by the community.
As you can see, the automatic translation program messes a few things up here and there, this is why it is much better to have native speakers of a language do the translating, the automatic translations can do the bulk of the work but the game won't make perfect sense until the exact wording has been tweaked by a person who is fluent in the language.
Lvl: 80, XP: -, Gold: -, RoLS: 1, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0, ChaR: 0, GoLF: 0, ShaF: 0, SRoV: 0, VSH: 0
HP: 259, AC: 250%, AD: 63-69, AP: 2, ECC: 0%, CM: -, BC: 30%, DR: 5
sorrow
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by sorrow »

Gotcha I never thought of that

Sorrow
Lvl:80 XP:9214038 Gold:1mil Hp:243 AC:301 Ad:28-49 Ch:21 Cm:2.0 Ecc:15 BC:148 Dr:3

skills:
WA:2. HH:2. CS:2. TH:2 QL:2 IF:2 REG:2 MF:5 DBS:1 2HSP:1 LAP:2 HAP:1 SREG:1
L/E
CHAR:1 ROLS:1 ELYR:1 GOLF:1 SHAF: 1
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

only1doug wrote:
sorrow wrote:If its possible to run all AT dialog threw this.program we can get all translated correctly in no time flat.
Hi Sorrow,

Translation programs don't give perfect translations, the result often seems very strange.

Try running a sentance through a translation program and then back, you'll see some odd results:

here's an example
Original text
Today marks the two year anniversary of the Andor’s Trail forum, and as a result, it has produced this wonderful community. In these two years the game and community have both come a long way and surpassed anything we ever imagined they would be.
In these two years we have had over 15,000 members join the forums, post over 15,000 threads, and almost 25,000 individual posts! We went from only having a couple maps to almost 300! From a few lines of dialogue about some bread and rats to over 5000 lines! From 25,000 downloads to over 400,000 all in the span of just two years.

Without all the support from everyone in the Andor's Trail community, the game would not be as great as it is today. We on the development team would like to give something back to you guys, as a token of our appreciation for all the great ideas, for all the good laughs, and for the helpfulness displayed by the community.
Google Translate Polish translation:
Dziś mija dwa rocznicę Andor na forum Trail, aw rezultacie wyprodukował tę wspaniałą wspólnotę. W tych dwóch latach gry i społeczność zarówno długą drogę i przewyższał wszystko, co nam się wydaje, że będą.
W tych dwóch lat mieliśmy ponad 15.000 członków dołączyć do forum, zamieszczać ponad 15.000 wątków, i prawie 25.000 pojedynczych postów! Poszliśmy z map tylko posiadające kilka do prawie 300! Od kilku linijek dialogu o kawałek chleba i szczurów ponad 5000 linii! Od 25.000 do ponad 400.000 pliki do pobrania wszystko na przestrzeni zaledwie dwóch lat.

Bez wszystkich wsparciu wszyscy w Andor społeczność Trail, gra nie będzie tak wielka, jak to jest dzisiaj. Mamy w zespole rozwoju chcieliby dać coś z powrotem do was, jako wyraz naszej wdzięczności dla wszystkich wielkich idei, dla wszystkich śmieje dobre i na przydatność wyświetlanego przez społeczność.
Google translate English version (translating the polish back to english)
Today marks the anniversary of two online Andor Trail, as a result, has produced this wonderful community. In these two years, the game and the community both come a long way and surpassed all that we think it will.
In these two years we had more than 15,000 members to join the forum, upload over 15,000 threads, and nearly 25,000 individual posts! We went with map only having a few to almost 300! For a few lines of dialogue for a piece of bread and rats than 5000 lines! From 25,000 to more than 400,000 downloads all the space of just two years.

Without all the support of everyone in the community Andor Trail, the game will not be as great as it is today. We have a development team would like to give something back to you, as an expression of our gratitude for all the great ideas for all the laughs and good fitness displayed by the community.
As you can see, the automatic translation program messes a few things up here and there, this is why it is much better to have native speakers of a language do the translating, the automatic translations can do the bulk of the work but the game won't make perfect sense until the exact wording has been tweaked by a person who is fluent in the language.
That is very well said and has a great example!

I don't trust Google Translate but it can come in handy on occasion.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DanielS
VIP
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by DanielS »

Important note about Polish translation:
Current version of strings.xml is attached in issue 354
Current version of strings_about.xml is attached in issue 355

Please write any feedback here or on my PM.
DanielS
VIP

Post by DanielS »

Polish translation from Lauchpad is ready. Please, include it in next release.
Write any feedback here or on my PM.

Polskie tłumaczenie gry jest gotowe.
Proszę zgłaszać wszelkie uwagi /komentarze w tym temacie lub na mój PM.
DanielS
VIP

Post by DanielS »

Some small problems with translate -revision 0.7.2 dev - When Polish words are longer than English. Here i may use another word
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by DanielS on Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
DanielS
VIP

Post by DanielS »

But here I can not change the word "poziom". Is it possible to make more places there?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
DanielS
VIP

Post by DanielS »

Here the same problem.
Sorry for double post - i write on my Phone and i cann't upload all images in one place (lack of memory).
DanielS
VIP

Post by DanielS »

A new version of strings.xml is available. Fixed small glitches and change some of translation.
DanielS
VIP

Post by DanielS »

A new version of strings.xml is available on weblate site https://hosted.weblate.org/projects/and ... erface/pl/ . Included recent changes and fixed small glitches.