v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Extraordinary and legendary items

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
nyktos
VIP
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Re: Extraordinary and legendary items

Post by nyktos »

Hardbringer_17 wrote:I got a question...for the RoL both Kazual Imps and Spawn drops small rocks...does that mean a Spawn can drop a RoL or those rocks that they drop don't count?
only the imp drops them, and i ignore the rocks...
as the drops are totally random.

yes there are ratios, but it's not like having a ton of rocks will make it drop faster.
good luck!!!
"Embrace the Shadow"

[Lv: 60] [HP: 175] [AC: 361] [AD: 25-39] [BC: 75]
[Dual Wielding Swords] [Unarmored Fighting]
Lady Drager
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by Lady Drager »

Yeah the rocks are only used as a rough gauge to track how long it took to get the intended prize. Its not a true system of measurement.
Update coming soon Nina Lvl: 49 XP: 2209302 Base; HP: 79 AP: 10 AC: 75% Dam: 19 Def: 75%
WA1, HH1, BS1, QL1, IF1, Ev1, Rg1, FM1, MF1, DBoS1, DP1, LAP1, HAP1, FS:DW2, S:DW1
Equipped L&E Items: RoLS, SH, Mwt, DoSP, BotD
Urbain
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Urbain »

I'm currently grinding for the RoL... there are so many rocks in my pockets!

Kidding. I have a save point with 4 imps around me and another close by. If it doesn't drop I'm reloading and hitting them again. Wash, rinse, repeat. I've seen that others have used this method so I thought I'd give it a try. However, I've been going at it for about a month now with no results. Any thoughts?
Andor's Trail on a Samsung Galaxy Tab4
nyktos
VIP

Post by nyktos »

Urbain wrote:I'm currently grinding for the RoL... there are so many rocks in my pockets!

Kidding. I have a save point with 4 imps around me and another close by. If it doesn't drop I'm reloading and hitting them again. Wash, rinse, repeat. I've seen that others have used this method so I thought I'd give it a try. However, I've been going at it for about a month now with no results. Any thoughts?
keep doing it!!! :twisted:

if you aren't killing them in one hit,
consider striking each of them once & fleeing...
leaving each one of them near the point of death.

with my new character i've already gotten a RoLS, RoL,
GoL, both of Valuagh's drops... a couple others?

(i started a new one when i came back, so it's only about a month old.)
it really works, you're just on a really long string of bad luck.

it happened to me with my last character wanting a second RoL to dual wield...
he is still down there. :x

i'm trying not to get too strong,
so this method also benefits me for that reason.

but like i said, tenacity pays off!
it will drop!!! :twisted:
"Embrace the Shadow"

Lady Drager

Post by Lady Drager »

Urbain wrote:I'm currently grinding for the RoL... there are so many rocks in my pockets!
If you're cute and not wearing a belt, I'll be right there! LOL JK!

Seriously though, Nykto5 is right. Keep it up... it'll happen. I just hung out at the altar to wait for the respawning mobs. Do you have any points in Magicfinder?
Update coming soon Nina Lvl: 49 XP: 2209302 Base; HP: 79 AP: 10 AC: 75% Dam: 19 Def: 75%
WA1, HH1, BS1, QL1, IF1, Ev1, Rg1, FM1, MF1, DBoS1, DP1, LAP1, HAP1, FS:DW2, S:DW1
Kashim
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

Post by Kashim »

So, I saw people asking a bit ago about the uses for the GoW. I had a thought about a quest that I had been bouncing around in my head to do use all of the gems that I've been finding all around the whole game and put them to some actual use.
I would put a jeweler character in Stoutford, or some other new city/map. The character would accept "mounts" and "gems". For "Mounts" I was thinking "Mundane Necklace" and "Polished Necklace", and "Mundane Ring" and "Polished Ring". The benefit being that the Necklaces can't be purchased and the Rings currently can, but that could probably be removed relatively easily. Then, you could take various quantities of the gems that you find and mount them into the necklaces and rings to produce varying qualities of items for a reasonable cost. For instance, say you want to make a ring for pure damage this way. I might use "Sharpened Gems" for that, (because it makes sense?), where you are allowed to put up to 50 gems into one mount, so you would put in 50 Sharpened Gems, which would be very challenging to hunt up, and the result would be a +10 damage ring that would cost you 5,000 gold to craft. Using that system, you could customize your rings however you wanted by using the gems like this:
Glass - +5 AC for every 10 gems (+25 AC max)
Ruby - +5 HP for every 10 gems (+25 HP max)
Polished - +5 BC for every 10 gems (+25 BC max, because these are harder to find)
Sharpened - +2 damage for every 10 gems (+10 damage max, because they're harder to find, but if you give people +25 dmg rings, no one will wear anything else, and someone will 1 shot the Hira-Zinn)
Sparkling Polished - +2 critical skill for every 10 gems (+10 critical skill max, harder to find, and more niche skillset)
GoW - +5 AC, +5BC, +2 damage for every 10 gems, because by the time you get 10, you deserve a trophy. You can use 10 to make a really nice ring, by combining with other gems, or, if you are a true crazy person and really want to go for it, you can get 50 GoWs, and create a "Ring of Inner Fire" that will be worth the astounding +25 AC, +25 BC, +10 Damage. If you truly want to be the perfect awesomeness, you'd have to get 2. It'd be an insane boost to your character, but let's face it, by the time you have hunted up 100 (or 150 if you want to take off your JoF for a necklace) GoWs, you've already leveled your character so far past the normal game that it really doesn't make a big difference to break it further.

The other fun thing I was looking at was to mount only a single GoW, or only 5 or 10, onto a RoLS, have the jeweler be astounded and afraid and forget to even charge you gold, and give you a RoGS, which would be the same stats as the RoLS, but with 2 or 3 regeneration instead of 1 (so no benefit to having 2 other than bragging rights). Again, by the time someone got it, they would already be leveled so far beyond something like that breaking the game.

This way, if someone wants a ring that gives +5 AC, +10 BC, and +4 damage, then they can get that with 10 glass gems, 20 polished gems, and 20 sharpened gems. The stats aren't going to break the game, they just allow customization. The AC never exceeds what you can buy at a store, and while the other stats all do, the end result is that to get those that high, you have to have those as the only stats, where the store bought ones always give you loads of other stats.

Thoughts about using that as a use for the GoW and all those other gems you keep hunting up, or something similar? I've always wondered why there were all these gems in AT that didn't seem to get used for much of anything at all despite prodigious drop rates. This would also be expandable by adding other types of gems that give other stats.
I have too many characters to list them, so I'll just list my most important:
Template Flux
Lvl: 1 XP:56034
L&E: RoLS: 2 ElyR: 1 RoL: 2 BD: 1
Lady Drager

Post by Lady Drager »

You played Diablo a lot didn't you? Its not a bad idea, just one that's been done a lot and I'm sure Jax would say that it'd be a lot of work to implement.
rijackson741

Post by rijackson741 »

Lady Drager wrote:I'm sure Jax would say that it'd be a lot of work to implement.
Am I getting a reputation for saying that? Unfortunately it's true that many suggestions would be a lot of work to implement :(

The limitation here is that all items in AT are static. They have to be designed upfront, and incorporated with the release. There's no way to dynamically build an item during game play. So something like this idea could be implemented, but only in a very limited way.
as for example the gear upgrades you can get in Remgard, if you choose the right quest.
It is of course possible to change this, and add dynamic item creation, but it'd be a lot of work to implement ;) . Not just because of the coding either, but also because it would lead to all sorts of game balancing issues that we currently don't have to deal with.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
ace
VIP
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

Post by ace »

Kashim wrote:So, I saw people asking a bit ago about the uses for the GoW. I had a thought about ..... give other stats.

Nice idea. There's a 30% chance that a fairy developer will appear after all the content related updates and will say "Don't worry pour soul, your wish will be granted (in a way or another :roll: )" . :D
the secrets of shadow and light
be happy :lol:
https://facebook.com/andorstrail
nyktos
VIP

Post by nyktos »

rijackson741 wrote:Am I getting a reputation for saying that?
nyu.png
ace wrote:"Don't worry pour soul, your wish will be granted (in a way or another :roll: )" . :D
:lol: :lol: :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Embrace the Shadow"