v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

The New Msp Fitness thread

A place to discuss anything not related to the game.
Urbain
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Re: The New Msp Fitness thread

Post by Urbain »

Amazing how a thread about fitness degraded into a discussion about smoking :!:
Andor's Trail on a Samsung Galaxy Tab4
Zukero
Lead Developer
android_version: 8.0

Post by Zukero »

Giving up smoking is part of being fit.
And we don't have that many health-related threads anyway...
Lvl: 78, XP: 8622632, Gold: 271542, RoLS: 1, ElyR: -, RoL: -, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 71, AC: 301%, AD: 38-47, AP: 3, ECC: 50%, CM: 3.75, BC: 101%, DR: 2
Urbain
VIP

Post by Urbain »

True that.
Capeditiea
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Post by Capeditiea »

:3 *nods, my path these past months to becoming healthy was.
1. quit facebook. (i spent far too much time, plus facebook caught on to my divine plan of taking over.)
2. study health foods as much as possible, when good and scared of various things you install into your body. then you are ready for the next step.
3. impliment health foods into your daily intake of things you eat anf progressively increase the amount of healthy food. till you are simply eating healthy, and have no cravings for unhealthy things.
4. figure out and decide which habits you have are beneficial and detrimental. (i dislike using good and bad) (for me i quit caffiene well having way less. not daily though. having less sugar, having more water. quit cigarettes.) it has been eight days since my last one and i can smell blood again. :D like before i smoked...
-_- i am fae. not a vampire sheesh.

...but now i get frantic and walk a bunch... which i think this comes from a pre-cigerette habit, for when i got stressed...

:O the hardest part of quiting is now really the firyt few days. it is being around a bunch of smokers while waiting for the next round at a mtg prerelease. :3
Player Name: ESC LVL: 47 (ChillIin' with Kayla, awaiting next update.)
Player Name: E LVL: 28 (The Fated No IF Build)
i am spoiler happy now that i have figured it out. :3
:D
Lady Drager
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by Lady Drager »

When I want to not smoke I play a game ony phone or laptop. This usually works. The problem is, it sometimes doesn't.
Update coming soon Nina Lvl: 49 XP: 2209302 Base; HP: 79 AP: 10 AC: 75% Dam: 19 Def: 75%
WA1, HH1, BS1, QL1, IF1, Ev1, Rg1, FM1, MF1, DBoS1, DP1, LAP1, HAP1, FS:DW2, S:DW1
Equipped L&E Items: RoLS, SH, Mwt, DoSP, BotD
Urbain
VIP

Post by Urbain »

On a completely different note, I'm trying to lose a bit of weight so I got back into skipping rope. Hopefully it gets easier; right now 5 minutes is killing me!
Lady Drager
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by Lady Drager »

It does get easier and there's other things you can do. You could find ways of incorporating your workout into your daily tasks. Such as walking to the grocery store and using the groceries as weights while walking back for a full body workout. Take the stairs in lieu of the elevator. Etc.
Update coming soon Nina Lvl: 49 XP: 2209302 Base; HP: 79 AP: 10 AC: 75% Dam: 19 Def: 75%
WA1, HH1, BS1, QL1, IF1, Ev1, Rg1, FM1, MF1, DBoS1, DP1, LAP1, HAP1, FS:DW2, S:DW1
Equipped L&E Items: RoLS, SH, Mwt, DoSP, BotD
Urbain
VIP

Post by Urbain »

Oh, walking is never a problem. I walk 6km per day, round trip, to and from work. My work also requires a lot of walking. I used to track my steps daily and was averaging between 18k and 20k. My problem is that I'm getting older, developing love handles, and am nursing an injury which hasn't allowed me to do my usual training. Sooooooo... I've been getting a bit sluggish. Anyway, the skipping is getting better. Next week I'll move up to six minutes each day. And add some strength training of some sort. Maybe kettlebells.
mspowerplant

Post by mspowerplant »

Capeditiea wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:32 am :3 *nods, my path these past months to becoming healthy was.
1. quit facebook. (i spent far too much time, plus facebook caught on to my divine plan of taking over.)
2. study health foods as much as possible, when good and scared of various things you install into your body. then you are ready for the next step.
3. impliment health foods into your daily intake of things you eat anf progressively increase the amount of healthy food. till you are simply eating healthy, and have no cravings for unhealthy things.
4. figure out and decide which habits you have are beneficial and detrimental. (i dislike using good and bad) (for me i quit caffiene well having way less. not daily though. having less sugar, having more water. quit cigarettes.) it has been eight days since my last one and i can smell blood again. :D like before i smoked...
-_- i am fae. not a vampire sheesh.

...but now i get frantic and walk a bunch... which i think this comes from a pre-cigerette habit, for when i got stressed...

:O the hardest part of quiting is now really the firyt few days. it is being around a bunch of smokers while waiting for the next round at a mtg prerelease. :3
Wonderful job on the quitting smoking! Apparently the first week us meant to be the hardest as all the toxins are leaving your body.

As for getting frantic and walking a bunch not such a bad thing. Helpful for getting fit.
My nervous habit is rubbing the vein in the side of my neck. Nearly rubbed my skin raw a fair few times :lol:
Urbain wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:52 pm Oh, walking is never a problem. I walk 6km per day, round trip, to and from work. My work also requires a lot of walking. I used to track my steps daily and was averaging between 18k and 20k. My problem is that I'm getting older, developing love handles, and am nursing an injury which hasn't allowed me to do my usual training. Sooooooo... I've been getting a bit sluggish. Anyway, the skipping is getting better. Next week I'll move up to six minutes each day. And add some strength training of some sort. Maybe kettlebells.
Gotta say love kettlebells!! About 6years ago I did a exclusive bout of train with the guy who introduced kettlebells to NZ Dean Jolly was his name awesome guy bit brain fried from to much wacky tobaccy but really knew his stuff.

Getting older has its benefits for training tho. We are wiser :D

Current build: LVL 80 EXP 9232014 HP253 GOLD 268714
AC 270% AD 48-52 BC 150%

And some other stuff lol
27/12/2013 :D
Urbain
VIP

Post by Urbain »

mspowerplant wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:36 pm
Urbain wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:52 pm Oh, walking is never a problem. I walk 6km per day, round trip, to and from work. My work also requires a lot of walking. I used to track my steps daily and was averaging between 18k and 20k. My problem is that I'm getting older, developing love handles, and am nursing an injury which hasn't allowed me to do my usual training. Sooooooo... I've been getting a bit sluggish. Anyway, the skipping is getting better. Next week I'll move up to six minutes each day. And add some strength training of some sort. Maybe kettlebells.
Gotta say love kettlebells!! About 6years ago I did a exclusive bout of train with the guy who introduced kettlebells to NZ Dean Jolly was his name awesome guy bit brain fried from to much wacky tobaccy but really knew his stuff.

Getting older has its benefits for training tho. We are wiser :D
Kettlebells have been my go to for a few years now. 10 minutes of swings with a 25kg bell, alternating hands, is a hell of a workout. Add to that some get-ups and you've pretty much taken care of your entire body. And it's funny you should say that we train wiser as we get older. I got into kettlebells for that exact reason: a more comprehensive workout within a shorter period of time.

My kettlebell teacher is just a font of knowledge and understanding. He's really pushing the workout at the Salle since it's such a good all round workout.