v0.8.10 (BWM fill) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.10) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Your Favorite NPC

Post your questions about game contents here. Want to know how to complete a quest, or where to go to find an item? Post here!
Lord Ilham
android_version: 4.0

Re: Your Favorite NPC

Post by Lord Ilham »

Now, since there is no romance element, how about replacing it with an adventure story that is more interesting?

For example, adding a comrade in arms (npc) for the player, for example, Alexander, he is a good friend of a player who has a very noble goal, namely to protect humanity from the cruelty of darkness. he will also help the player to find Andor.

What do you think? Because these days I am bombarded with bright ideas.
Nut
android_version: 8.0

Post by Nut »

A comrad who is talking to you here and there is a nice idea. But beware, it can be tricky to realize. Here some compagnons that come to my mind:

With the engine it is not really possible to have someone running next to you.
I did it with Gyra in Stoutford castle, but that was really much more work than expected, and it was only a small area. A nice effect but I wouldn't do it again.

Easier is someone who awaits you on the way, like the agent near BWM. Then it is clear where you are and why, so that the dialogue fits the situation. This is rather easy to realize, but only works whith a fixed path. I like such NPC

Or maybe Burhczyd, whose place isn't fix but the story is coherent in timeline. More coding though and it doesn't work in many places. He will stay unique probably.

Or an non visible NPC like a talking bird on your shoulder, that gives comments or advice from time to time.

If you create such a dialogue, we might place it for you into the game, if we think it fits and you don't want to do it yourself
Nut
Lord Ilham
android_version: 4.0

Post by Lord Ilham »

Thank you for the advice