Fun RPG Games to play between AT releases

A place to discuss anything not related to the game.
Nut
android_version: 8.0

Re: Fun RPG Games to play between AT releases

Post by Nut »

Of course!
286fig01_alt.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Nut
AndorBeingShadyAgain
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by AndorBeingShadyAgain »

Exiled Kingdoms. Little known but I was absolutely addicted. Very similar to this game except probably better graphics and it's complete. It used to be an updated game but the developer is currently making a new game he's been working on for a very long time. The community has been waiting for that for years.
acridpot

Post by acridpot »

AndorBeingShadyAgain wrote: ↑Thu Nov 02, 2023 9:46 pm Exiled Kingdoms. Little known but I was absolutely addicted. Very similar to this game except probably better graphics and it's complete. It used to be an updated game but the developer is currently making a new game he's been working on for a very long time. The community has been waiting for that for years.
Woah... Never thought id hear of the game again... πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Gosh it was my first "Baldur's Gates" kinda experience...
Finished all the quests, save for the main one.

Waiting for updates on it to hop back on.
acridpot

Post by acridpot »

Anybody here play "Triglav"???

Im restricted to android cuz no computer nor console...
But theres a fair share of good games on mobile.

Anybody know how I can play " The Quest" without paying...? πŸ˜… that's one ive been wanting to desperately try...
tactical371
android_version: 2.0

Post by tactical371 »

acridpot wrote: ↑Wed Nov 22, 2023 9:06 am Anybody here play "Triglav"???

Anybody know how I can play " The Quest" without paying...? πŸ˜… that's one ive been wanting to desperately try...

I have no idea what those games are.

If you ever get a crappy computer for cheap, I recommend installing a linux distribution on it. Unlike modern versions of Windows, linux operating systems apparently work fine, even on computers that are ten years old, as long as you know what you are doing and choose the right version. You can choose the xfce version of linux mint, for example (https://easylinuxtipsproject.blogspot.c ... t.html#ID2). And you can find games in the package manager. You can use Wine or Proton to play windows games on linux (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proton_(software)).

You can also play andor's trail on linux using waydroid, but that requires significant technical knowledge.

What are your cell phone's model / specifications? Maybe we can suggest games, but we need to know what games you are able to play on your hardware.

I suggest using F-Droid instead of the Google Play Store or whatever to get your games, since F-Droid provides open-source android games.
acridpot

Post by acridpot »

tactical371 wrote: ↑Wed Nov 22, 2023 9:58 pm
acridpot wrote: ↑Wed Nov 22, 2023 9:06 am Anybody here play "Triglav"???

I have no idea what those games are.

If you ever get a crappy computer for cheap, I recommend installing a linux distribution on it. Unlike modern versions of Windows, linux operating systems apparently work fine, even on computers that are ten years old, as long as you know what you are doing and choose the right version. You can choose the xfce version of linux mint, for example (https://easylinuxtipsproject.blogspot.c ... t.html#ID2). And you can find games in the package manager. You can use Wine or Proton to play windows games on linux (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proton_(software)).

You can also play andor's trail on linux using waydroid, but that requires significant technical knowledge.

What are your cell phone's model / specifications? Maybe we can suggest games, but we need to know what games you are able to play on your hardware.

I suggest using F-Droid instead of the Google Play Store or whatever to get your games, since F-Droid provides open-source android games.
Im the worst person to start a convo with technical stuff lol...
Ive had my LAPTOP for 5 years now... And this is a government scheme one... So we didn't pay for it...
But ive fixed it a number of times so I think ive incurred around β‚Ή10,000 approx.

Currently, it needs to be constantly plugged cuz no battery. Needs an external Keyboard. And can lag like crazy doing rudimentary tasks like using Word 2010 πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

As for the phone I use...
IMG_20231123_184039.jpg
This be the specs.
The heaviest Games ive played on this device is
CODM (still do) And Albion Online (6 months ago)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
tactical371
android_version: 2.0

Post by tactical371 »

Sounds like your laptop is a perfect candidate to run a lightweight linux distro. Bloated operating systems like windows 10 or 11 would cause it problems, which is one reason why it lags like crazy using microsoft word. With linux, you can just use libreoffice.

I recommend that you use a flash drive to create a USB stick for linux mint xfce (or maybe mate). You can run the operating system off the USB stick, so that you can try it before actually installing it on your hardware. That way, you can see how it runs and if you like or dislike it. If it performs better than windows 10 or whatever, and if you like libreoffice, then you can install it on your machine after backing up your data. If you dislike it, then you can just go back to whatever you were doing at first and use your usb stick for something else.

As for your phone, yours is probably better than mine right now. I am trying to rely on mine as little as possible, since it is a spyware device. But since you do not use your laptop for much, given its present state, then obviously you need to rely on what you have. And your phone is better than mine. I recommend looking at some of the simple games on F-Droid if you want. But obviously the google play store has a lot of games also.

I never actually bought any apps off of google play, so I do not know what anti-piracy measures they have for their paid apps. The Quest is available on laptop for windows vista and windows 7 (https://store.steampowered.com/app/428880/The_Quest/), but it costs money. I do not know if it works well on linux with Proton or not. And I do not actually pirate videogames, so I cannot really give advice on how to do it unless I look into it myself. I guess I would have to look into that. Otherwise, you'll have to pay for the game if you want to play it.

... unless you play the Quest on a windows PC via steam AND know someone who owns the game on steam AND the game is eligible for family sharing. then you can arrange for your friend to share the game with you for free via steam family sharing. See https://www.cnet.com/tech/gaming/dont-b ... h-friends/ .