Much Water - Is it possible to exit Brimhaven without lying to Mustura?

Post your questions about game contents here. Want to know how to complete a quest, or where to go to find an item? Post here!
Jodiwe
android_version: 13 - Android 13

Much Water - Is it possible to exit Brimhaven without lying to Mustura?

Post by Jodiwe »

Hi guys,

I'm wondering if I can't find the actual culprit who broke the dam wall in Brimhaven. I walked in on the brothers in the cellar, who I then fleed from. I can't remember if I ended up killing them before the dam broke, but I definitely have now.

I see the hint in the forum post "Brimhaven Area Quests" that:
The dam gets destroyed anyway. And guards prevent one from leaving the city till investigation is complete. So, one has to find the real perpetrators.
The rich man above the central hill of Brimhaven knows a lot more, and boasts. Collecting evidence, one gives it to the Captain of the guards.
Corruption strikes!
The issue is:
I assume this is Alkapoan? He's the guy in the house on top of the hill. Or is it Commoner? They both don't have any speech options?
Jodiwe

Re: Much Water - Is it possible to exit Brimhaven without lying to Mustura?

Post by Jodiwe »

After looking a bit through the source code, I see that the quest should be at progress 110 where I will get the quest log item:
"I have promised to track down the real perpetrators. However, I still cannot not leave the city."
The last quest entry is:
"The Brimhaven guards have informed me that I may not leave the city until they have investigated who destroyed the dam."
I have tried talking to everyone, and I can't get the quest to progress. Is it meant to be like this?
Lam al Adie
android_version: 11 - Android 11

Post by Lam al Adie »

Perhaps you want to make another round of talking to everyone? You ought to find someone with a lot more to talk, even than in your first round.

I don't remember the correct order of events, but did you already try to help rebuilding the dam? That may as well be a task to do after solving the crime…
Lam 'al Adie (pd)
Lvl:68 XP: 5728519 AP: 12/3 HP: 204 AC: 228 AD: 43-55 BC: 164 DR: 7
Skills: WA: 1 Do: 4 CS: 2 IF: 4 Ev: 2 Reg: 1 WP:1S: 1 AP:S: 1 FS:WS: 2 S:WS: 1
ROLS: 1 GoLF: 1
Jodiwe

Post by Jodiwe »

Lam al Adie wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:56 pm Perhaps you want to make another round of talking to everyone? You ought to find someone with a lot more to talk, even than in your first round.

I don't remember the correct order of events, but did you already try to help rebuilding the dam? That may as well be a task to do after solving the crime…
Thanks. I ended up choosing to "lie" about not knowing who did it. I then could approach Alkapoan and finish the quest as normal. There really wasn't anyone left to talk to.