Beginners question and worries

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
Covenant
android_version: 11 - Android 11

Re: Beginners question and worries

Post by Covenant »

You get it from the Snake Master at the end of the cave.
I've actually sold mine (which I regret) - it's classed as an Extraordinary item, so you don't get another.

You can see a full item list here:
http://andorstrail.irkalla.cz/itemlist.php

I'm actually no sure about your second question. I know that having a decent Critical Hit skill and Critical multiplies is useless if you have a non-existent Effective Critical Chance (ECC). But I'm not actually sure now ECC is built/developed. I've gone the way of favouring raw Attack Damage over Critical stats, so I haven't done much searching into it.

---------------------------------Combined posts--------------------------------------------

I'm currently using Xul'viir as a weapon (Two Handed) simply because it's bad-ass evil (which appeals to me), but I spent 100 levels dual wielding two Balanced Steel Swords. Raw AD.
Last edited by Pyrizzle on Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Combined posts
Oet
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Oet »

Covenant wrote:You get it from the Snake Master at the end of the cave.
Wow, not untill now I realized the cave actually CONTINUES after the first room :lol:
I feel like an old blind man searching for something.

I will try put some reasearch into the ECC later on, and I can come back post here or PM you what i find, if i find anything.
Oet:
Lvl:80|XP:9214538|AP:3|HP:291|AC:351%|AD:51-68|CHS:20|CM:0|BC:135%|DR:1
WA:1|HH:1|Do:1|CS:2|CL:1|QL:3|CE:1|IF:6|Reg:1|WP:1S:1|AP:L:1|FS:DW:2|S:DW:1
RoLS:2|ELYR:1

Last updated 22/01-14
Covenant

Post by Covenant »

Oh, and one final point, anything that's classed as Extraordinary or Legendary, if you try to sell it, the game will warn you. Listen to the game, don't sell it. Just horde it and leave it in your inventory (you'll come back to you later to experiment with different gear combos). Oh, and side with Blackwater Mountain instead of Prim when you come to it. I sided with Prim and, based on the stuff you get from each choice, I wish I had gone with Blackwater. Others might disagree (and I encourage them to speak up), but that's the way I see it.
Mistergrey
android_version: 4.0

Post by Mistergrey »

Honestly, I chose BWM, and wasn't thrilled. Blackwater Misery is a bit more of a penalty than I thought. Plus I hear you get a nice ring for killing the BWM leader, which would be nice until I find another ring of lesser shadow. The bed in the BWM settlement is the only benefit I see, since I want to get the legendary items.
tom1250tom
android_version: 4.3

Post by tom1250tom »

The ring u get from the BWM isn't that great, I atm have the Ring of the protector and the ring of damage, both beat the battle masters +20hp ring in my opinion cuz his ring has no AC or AD just +20hp...
GO FORTH AND GROW STRONG!
Lv:60
Hp:158
Exp:3949999
AP:3/12
AC:263%
AD: 27-44%
ChS:20
Block:134%
Dr:8
RoLS:2
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

A friendly reminder from your Friendly neighborhood Pyro:
Please only post one post at a time and refrain from Double posting.
You can add to your last post with the [Edit] button.

Thank you and happy hunting adventurers!
-Pyro
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Covenant

Post by Covenant »

Sorry Pyro, I often forget that.

@Mistergrey, I think nothing other than the bed in BWM would have been better form me. Been up and down that mountain side too many times. And I ended up not killing the BWM NPC, but tell him to get lost, so no ring for me.

@tom1250tom, Love my Ring of the Protector. I bought a second one since my character was a bit squishy at the time. Still have them both, good benefits all around.
Oet
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Oet »

Pyrizzle wrote: Please only post one post at a time and refrain from Double posting.
Sorry, Fire Lord, but sometimes it's just way too easy to get ahead of yourself. Kind of like a bug in real life.

Fellow adventures.
I have now reached a level of 11, and I'm still killing the same monsters all over. These rabid dogs, forest ants and cave snakes is hard to exterminate.
I wonder if I should move on, but where? I need another 6655 experience to reach my next goal, level 12, and the monsters will only give me about 6-9 experience.
I wonder where and how I should search for faster gain to my next goal...
Oet:
Lvl:80|XP:9214538|AP:3|HP:291|AC:351%|AD:51-68|CHS:20|CM:0|BC:135%|DR:1
WA:1|HH:1|Do:1|CS:2|CL:1|QL:3|CE:1|IF:6|Reg:1|WP:1S:1|AP:L:1|FS:DW:2|S:DW:1
RoLS:2|ELYR:1

Last updated 22/01-14
Covenant

Post by Covenant »

If you head out of Crossglen via the East exist, there's some wolfs. Not sure if they're kill-able at level 11 (I think so), try grinding with them a bit. There's also a wild boar on that map too, and some Small rabid dogs. And since it's right next of Crossglen, it means there's a bed nearby.
Here, on this map location:
http://andorstrail.irkalla.cz/map/wild1.html#west

If you need something a bit higher power/level then that, I did about 4-5 levels in the wolf den that's south of Fallhaven.
Here, on this map location:
http://andorstrail.irkalla.cz/map/wild11_clearing.html
vish
android_version: 4.3

Post by vish »

hi,

before going dual wield you should be level 30. save two skill points and use them for "Fighting style: Dual wield". This will remove the combined AP-costs. Read the description of the skill. Until then just use sword and shield.

And about the criticals: i noticed that i was unable to crit before level 16. i killed the snake master and got the Venomous Dagger at around level 10 or so and i saw not one critical hit until reaching level 16.