Critical Hit Chance & Critical Hit Multiplier changes

Discussions of the development process of the game.
nyktos
VIP
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Re: Critical Hit Chance & Critical Hit Multiplier changes

Post by nyktos »

i was thinking about capping myself, just in case i wanna keep this guy...
but after reading that... i want strength more than ever!!! :twisted:

(thanks for the added info sir sarumar)
"Embrace the Shadow"

[Lv: 60] [HP: 175] [AC: 361] [AD: 25-39] [BC: 75]
[Dual Wielding Swords] [Unarmored Fighting]
Sarumar
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Sarumar »

nyktos wrote:i was thinking about capping myself, just in case i wanna keep this guy...
but after reading that... i want strength more than ever!!! :twisted:

(thanks for the added info sir sarumar)

Hah i am not not sir ( and cannot be one, because i support the idea poisoning wells for own cause).
You can call me many other names witch you find in your nightmares :twisted:

Otherhand my good twins will prob be a sir in future.
lvl 23 when completed 6.10
AP 3, AC 200%, AD 20-30, CC-15%, BC 62%, DR 1

There are many ways to play this game.
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

Sarumar wrote:
tek wrote:Oskar,

Do you have any thoughts or ideas about my concern here or my proposed solution?
I would love to hear what you think.
+1 to you tek, IMO there should bee somekind decrease and cap
Please consider also decreasing the bunus per skill level.

Edited and added spoiler
This is too easy way:
I have 5 level in more critical = CC 78% and 4 level in multiplier = I can do 1200 points damage per roud :twisted:
Sarumar,

Thanks for the support. Hopefully oskar will consider making changes.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
Mino
VIP
android_version: 4.4 - Kitkat

Post by Mino »

Maybe an easy way to deal with this would just be to put a cap on how many times each of these skills can be used. Either 2 or 3 max, similar to the Combat Speed (AP) one. Anyone who's used it more than this new max would have those skill points returned to them to be used on something else.

That's if anything is going to be done, I'm still not sure it needs to be, if someone wants the game to be more challenging then just govern yourself to not use too many skill points on it. If you want to be able to kill monsters practically just by looking at them so you can get through the quests faster, that would also be up to you.

Personally, I don't plan to use more than 2 skill points each on the Critical Hit skills, I might just stop with the 1 each I've already used. But since I'm doing a lot of grinding, I'm going to end up pretty powerful anyway, and I have no problem with that. Monsters beware! :twisted:
Lvl: 206 XP: 159262572, Gold: 1657119, RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 1, ChaR: 2, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 6, SRoV: 1, VSH: 6, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 241, AP: 3, AC: 562%, AD: 116-130, CM: 3.0, ECC: 38%, BC: 139%, DR: 3

QL 25, MF 3

12/26/18
Franky
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by Franky »

How about a different direction for mitigating the value of critical hit chance? What do you guys think of adding a new stat to creatures: Critical Defense (CD). If a creature has 50% critical defense and your character has 70% critical hit chance it would in essence give you a 20% chance to critical. This may be most effective on very hard bosses, or skeletons or slimes that don't have vital organs to hit. Or very heavily armored monsters or guards. It would allow people to continue to bump critical all they want, but may necessitate switching to a heavier hitting weapon against a creature that has high critical defense. Please share your thoughts :-).
nyktos
VIP
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Post by nyktos »

wonderful first post!

welcome to the Forum!

:mrgreen:

i think - if anything...
give the monsters the defense! :lol: [or cap both critical skills @2]
im crushing EVERYTHING even at my new lower level

<it's prolly the RoLS on each hand :lol: :lol: :lol: >
"Embrace the Shadow"

[Lv: 60] [HP: 175] [AC: 361] [AD: 25-39] [BC: 75]
[Dual Wielding Swords] [Unarmored Fighting]
queztions

Post by queztions »

I feel like a cap on the amount of times Criticals can be leveled is the answer.

But on the other side, if you've reached level 50 and beyond you should be able to kill monsters by looking at them. People are going to level up in RPG's to infinity. That is the nature of the genre so killing criticals wont necessary make the game more challenging. It just may take slightly longer and a modified approach to create a "THOR" strength character.

A person who has spent hours upon hours and days and weeks leveling in your game generally deserves the benefits of that effort.

I think someone did bring up a good idea of having a "Critical Defense" parameter involved
Chest_Rockfield
Location: Impeached former President of the Too cool for a RoLS Club. ;)

Post by Chest_Rockfield »

I don't really understand your preoccupation with the increasing of another player's CC. I don't see any need to limit it. I don't understand why just because you don't choose to take a certain route in your build, no one should be allowed. There are a couple of other suggestions made that could keep the game challenging and/or balanced that were proposed that do not require the cap idea. But if your only intention is to keep the game from getting too easy, why don't we cap AC and AD too? Heck, let's just cap leveling all together.
Lvl: 162, XP: 77,249,000, Gold: 2,508,000 RoLS: 0, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0, ChaR: 18, GoLF: 0, ShaF: 2
HP: 517, AC: 333%, AD: 60-61, AP: 3, CC: 90%, CM: 3, BC: 218%, DR: 0, BMP: 4k+
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

Chest_Rockfield wrote:I don't really understand your preoccupation with the increasing of another player's CC. I don't see any need to limit it. I don't understand why just because you don't choose to take a certain route in your build, no one should be allowed. There are a couple of other suggestions made that could keep the game challenging and/or balanced that were proposed that do not require the cap idea. But if your only intention is to keep the game from getting too easy, why don't we cap AC and AD too? Heck, let's just cap leveling all together.
Capping the AD or AC makes no since because the NPC's get progressively stronger in their HP & BC.
Having a CC of 60%, 70%, 80%... along with a CM of >3 is absolutely zero challenge for the player.
Look how easy you are blowing through the iqhan cave with your 90% CC and 3CM. You have gained approximately 19 levels in 10 or 11 days. Was that a challenge, a.k.a fun? I am thinking not. It would not be for most in my opinion
But you are right in one respect, just because I want the challenge doesn't mean others do. But I think it should be harder like the old NES RPGs were. Maybe you aren't old enough to play those games and have the wonderful experience of challenging RPGs.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
Black Wind
android_version: 2.1 - Eclair

Post by Black Wind »

It's possible I shouldn't really post my thoughts on this since I delete a character once it hits level 30 and therefore in a way I already cap a lot. :D

That said I think the answer is to make most of the other areas similar in difficulty to those we have already.

Remember the discussion on difficulty levels added once the main parts are finished? Cap the harder levels there.

Adversely, make some side-quest areas only those with higher criticals are allowed in, and others only those with lower criticals may enter. This would have many players go each way on seperate builds allowing them to see (firsthand) the good and bad to both sides.