endless grinding for leg items

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
Usirim
android_version: 8.0

Re: endless grinding for leg items

Post by Usirim »

I say: don't change anything.

Since the software is open source, every player who really want's to change the drop chance can download the source code, edit the code and install the mod on her/his smartphone (or get this done by someone who can do this). No sweet, no fun... ;) ;) ;)
Usirim (v2.2):
Lvl: 200
XP: 145.569.369
Gold: 5.8M
RoLS: 17
ElyR: 9
RoL: 6
ChaR: 9
GoLF: 2
ShaF: 7
SRoV: 15
VSH: 7
WMC: 12
GoW: 6

Base values
HP: 1000
AC: 280
AD: 90
max AP: 10 (12)
BC: 180%
DR: 0
(Jun 2017)
DarkSavant13
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by DarkSavant13 »

My opinion is to leave it as-is. The way it's done is fine the way it is and players get a real sense of accomplishment for all their hard work. Those that don't want to spend a lot of time grinding for L&E items can still play the game just as well. And, even though the chance is low, they still may get the items grinding mobs for XP. For instance, I got a RoLS in 35 rocks. Someone killing mobs for experience in that area could have easily gotten a RoLS that quickly. It's all a matter of luck mixed with MF.
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

Opinion: Leave it as is. (for the same reasons written above)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OMGitsMe

Post by OMGitsMe »

DarkSavant13 wrote:My opinion is to leave it as-is. The way it's done is fine the way it is and players get a real sense of accomplishment for all their hard work. Those that don't want to spend a lot of time grinding for L&E items can still play the game just as well. And, even though the chance is low, they still may get the items grinding mobs for XP. For instance, I got a RoLS in 35 rocks. Someone killing mobs for experience in that area could have easily gotten a RoLS that quickly. It's all a matter of luck mixed with MF.
+1
LVL: 56, HP: 77, EXP: 3140223, AP: 3/12
AC: 255%, AD: 51-65, C.HIT: 54, C.Multi: 3.0, ECC: 27%, BC:40%
RoLS: 2 RoL: 1 GoLF: 1 ShaF: 1 <~~~ Look at my tiny collection :D
The criticals come often, and hit HARD!
fiernaq

Post by fiernaq »

P41nM4k3r wrote:Please, no purchasing of legendary items.
"Trophies" should be earned, not bought.
I enjoy earning hard rewards, hence the term "grinding", not "cake walk". :)
Would you like to grind forever (literally) and never get a single legendary item? It's possible with the current system. I can imagine you as an old man with 849,478,375,421 small rocks asking in the forum if there's a bug with your game preventing you from getting a RoLs and someone else commenting that the game has become a virtual reality platform and the forums are never used anymore because you can just talk and leave floating posts in the virtual world and isn't a RoLs one of those really old school items that ppl used to collect and why are you still trying to get one.

Yes, I too want to earn my trophies rather than just walk by and pick something up. This is why I want to encourage hard work and effort. I'm actually against the current system because it allows someone to pick up a RoLs with as little as 0 small rocks (literally the very first kill could drop the ring) while someone else grinds for months or years and never gets it. That's why most games use quest lines to get really powerful items... eventually, anyone can finish the quest and it will never be too easy for anyone.

The system I suggested (purchasing for large amounts of gold) is certainly not ideal but at the same time it does solve the one problem: you won't have to grind forever. Eventually (around about the time you killed 10,000 of the monsters) you would be able to afford to just buy it instead. I would prefer a system that is purely based on skill and not drop chance but I didn't want to suggest something so vastly different from the current system that people would complain. Wow, was I wrong. Seems like I'm the only person who wants to prevent the possibility of endless grinding without ever getting a leg/ext drop.

Oh well, when I have 276,000 gold and no RoLs yet I'll look back fondly on this post and go back to my wishful thinking that the whole 1:10,000 meant I could actually get the ring after 10,000 kills rather than hoping to have it by 20,000 or 30,000 or 100,000 kills.
Level: 58, HP: 102, AC: 295%, AD: 46-56, AP: 2/12, BC: 35%, DR: 4
Gold: 75235 | RoLS: 0 RoL: 0 SRoV: 0 VSH: 0
Skills: IF1, Ev1, Ev2, Ev3, CE1, CS1, CS2, Re1, WA1, HH1, Cl1, HH2, DaggerPro1, LightArmorPro1, ShieldPro1, WA2, Cl2
Equipment: Enhanced Combat Helmet, Serpent's Hauberk, Marrowtaint, Quickstrike Dagger, Remgard Shield, Villain's Ring, Villain's Ring, Leather Gloves Of Attack, Enhanced Combat Boots
Last Updated: 02-Dec-2013
scottdog
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by scottdog »

Here here totally agree with you on this one, the system is not fair and needs changing ! not to seem bad in anyway so don't take offence but most of the players saying leave the system have full sets of items,I'm thinking of new players who have just started,do they really want to spend hours grinding,or will they just lose interest in the game, it is annoying when you see posts saying got my item after 35 rocks(ex) and then posts saying 1000,s without any luck, CHANGE THE SYSTEM !
Last edited by scottdog on Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Level 76 HP=112 Gold=450,000
AP=3/12 AC=262% AD=44-55
BC=99% DR=1 Rols=2 Rol=1 ElyR=1 ShaF=1 ChaR=4 GoLF=1 SRoV=8 VSH=1

fandabbydozey
Ian
android_version: 4.2

Post by Ian »

I think, this system is fair because there are better items than the legendarys. For example, you can heal yourself with the skill Corpse Eater.
I'm just going for a ROL because I want to obtain a legendary item. But I'll get there! :twisted:
I use the reloading strategy because I want to fight monsters which are still difficult for me.
Mapmaker for Andor's Trail
Lvl: 73, XP: 6655552, Gold: 327905, RoLS: -, ElyR: -, RoL: -, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 2, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 58, AC: 260%, AD: 52-62, AP: 3, ECC: -, CM: -, BC: 164%, DR: 1
Mino
VIP
android_version: 4.4 - Kitkat

Post by Mino »

I agree it can be disheartening, that even if you put a lot of skill points into Magic Finder there's still a chance you won't get them (although in my case, it seemed to help immensely).

But if you're going for the items because of their stats, then after a long time of grinding, most of the helpful effects can be replicated with the skills or other items. The extra AC or AD of any of these items will be matched by any leveling up from all the grinding (over time). The regeneration effect can be attained through the skill and purchasing blessing of shadow regeneration. The ROL effect can be nearly copied by corpse eater (just not the on hit part). And if you're grinding a long time, you'll get the skill points needed to get there. And even with Bless from the ElyR, the AC from the weapon is still lower than the 32% you get from the balanced steel sword (which also has a lower attack cost).

The only one you can't copy is inflicting Chaotic Grip with the Chaos Reaper. Also the shadowfang, but who wants to give self-inflict fatigue?

If you're going after them just to have the full collection, then yeah, I agree it would be nice to be guaranteed one if you kill 1,000 or 10,000 of the monsters that drop them.
Lvl: 206 XP: 159262572, Gold: 1657119, RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 1, ChaR: 2, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 6, SRoV: 1, VSH: 6, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 241, AP: 3, AC: 562%, AD: 116-130, CM: 3.0, ECC: 38%, BC: 139%, DR: 3

QL 25, MF 3

12/26/18
fiernaq

Post by fiernaq »

Mino wrote:But if you're going for the items because of their stats, then after a long time of grinding, most of the helpful effects can be replicated with the skills or other items.
The Regeneration skill appears to be limited by your Base HP. The Regeneration skill does not replace the actor condition Shadow Regeneration... it complements it. The RoLS provides an additional boost in that regard which is not obtainable any other way only purchasable in late game and may have other limitations.
Mino wrote:The regeneration effect can be attained through the skill and purchasing blessing of shadow regeneration.
:shock: You can buy the blessing? ---I just went and read the latest update to the Character Conditions page and it looks like you can buy the blessing but it only lasts 45 rounds and then you have to run back and buy it again? Or is it instead a potion you consume that gives you the blessing meaning you could buy a whole stack of them to carry with you?
Mino wrote:The ROL effect can be nearly copied by corpse eater (just not the on hit part).
Exactly. Just like the RoLS, The RoL provides something that would be in addition to whatever skills provide. This too is not a replacement but an addition.
Villain's Ring: +4 HP, +25% AC, 3-6 dmg
Ring of Lesser Shadow: +25% AC, +6% CC, 4-7 dmg, +5% BC, Shadow Regeneration
Even if you could somehow get Shadow Regeneration you'd still be missing out on 1 dmg, 6% CC, and 5% BC at the cost of only 4 HP.
Level: 58, HP: 102, AC: 295%, AD: 46-56, AP: 2/12, BC: 35%, DR: 4
Gold: 75235 | RoLS: 0 RoL: 0 SRoV: 0 VSH: 0
Skills: IF1, Ev1, Ev2, Ev3, CE1, CS1, CS2, Re1, WA1, HH1, Cl1, HH2, DaggerPro1, LightArmorPro1, ShieldPro1, WA2, Cl2
Equipment: Enhanced Combat Helmet, Serpent's Hauberk, Marrowtaint, Quickstrike Dagger, Remgard Shield, Villain's Ring, Villain's Ring, Leather Gloves Of Attack, Enhanced Combat Boots
Last Updated: 02-Dec-2013
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

scottdog wrote: not to seem bad in anyway so don't take offence but most of the players saying leave the system have full sets of items
I'm not one of those people and I still say leave it as is, I eventually decided i don't care enough to keep looking for things that i will most likely not end up using. Also I use the L+E items to kill time in between updates, I would have put this game down over a year again if i didn't have something to do still.

Don't get me wrong I think that the idea of setting up some sort of a guarantee is a good idea, (for those who truely put in the time and effort to try and get these items) I have yet to see a suggestion that i would find to be fair.

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!