Critical Hit Chance & Critical Hit Multiplier changes

Discussions of the development process of the game.
Chest_Rockfield
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread
Location: Impeached former President of the Too cool for a RoLS Club. ;)

Re: Critical Hit Chance & Critical Hit Multiplier changes

Post by Chest_Rockfield »

tek wrote:
Chest_Rockfield wrote:I don't really understand your preoccupation with the increasing of another player's CC. I don't see any need to limit it. I don't understand why just because you don't choose to take a certain route in your build, no one should be allowed. There are a couple of other suggestions made that could keep the game challenging and/or balanced that were proposed that do not require the cap idea. But if your only intention is to keep the game from getting too easy, why don't we cap AC and AD too? Heck, let's just cap leveling all together.
Capping the AD or AC makes no since because the NPC's get progressively stronger in their HP & BC.
Having a CC of 60%, 70%, 80%... along with a CM of >3 is absolutely zero challenge for the player.
Look how easy you are blowing through the iqhan cave with your 90% CC and 3CM. You have gained approximately 19 levels in 10 or 11 days. Was that a challenge, a.k.a fun? I am thinking not. It would not be for most in my opinion
But you are right in one respect, just because I want the challenge doesn't mean others do. But I think it should be harder like the old NES RPGs were. Maybe you aren't old enough to play those games and have the wonderful experience of challenging RPGs.
Your argument is nonsensical. Grinding is never difficult and it is never fun, that's why we call it grinding. If it were difficult for me to grind in the cave, I'd go grind somewhere else that is easier until I was strong enough to grind there (see Nyktos and Pyrizzle's grinding location orders for examples.) And fun? Do you honestly think me spending more BMPs would make the same mindless activity fun? Come on, don't be silly.

Dude, I've played my Dragon Warriors and Zeldas, please. But simply lowering one aspect of toughness doesn't make the game harder. Like I said, there are characters on the Highscore list that can probably one shot almost all monsters even without CC. Grinding is what makes the game easier, pure and simple, and you don't seem to have a problem with that whatsoever at your near level 100...
Lvl: 162, XP: 77,249,000, Gold: 2,508,000 RoLS: 0, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0, ChaR: 18, GoLF: 0, ShaF: 2
HP: 517, AC: 333%, AD: 60-61, AP: 3, CC: 90%, CM: 3, BC: 218%, DR: 0, BMP: 4k+
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

There are plenty of ways that Oskar and the develpoment crew could make the game in the future more challanging dispite ppls ability to get a high cc or cm,

for example:
There could be a monster that has an ability that makes it so you can't hit with your cc, only your normal AD.

I say that if you want to get a really high CC or CM that is up to the player and how you want to play your game, if you made thegame too easy for yourself then just start over. Its not that hard really.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mino
VIP
android_version: 4.4 - Kitkat

Post by Mino »

Pyrizzle wrote:There are plenty of ways that Oskar and the develpoment crew could make the game in the future more challanging dispite ppls ability to get a high cc or cm,

for example:
There could be a monster that has an ability that makes it so you can't hit with your cc, only your normal AD.

I say that if you want to get a really high CC or CM that is up to the player and how you want to play your game, if you made thegame too easy for yourself then just start over. Its not that hard really.

I agree with this, I feel if I'm doing the work of grinding to build up my AD & AC and other stats I should be able to enjoy the benefit from that (killing everything easily until newer levels are built).

But I have a suggestion for a new creature: a reflector - it has a 20-50% (based on how big) chance of reflecting half your attack back at you (not all because that seems like too much). So if you use cc or a high AD, you'd risk having half of that damage potential come back at you. And then there could be some kind of potion to reduce the chance of that happening which can provide more side quests.
Lvl: 206 XP: 159262572, Gold: 1657119, RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 1, ChaR: 2, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 6, SRoV: 1, VSH: 6, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 241, AP: 3, AC: 562%, AD: 116-130, CM: 3.0, ECC: 38%, BC: 139%, DR: 3

QL 25, MF 3

12/26/18
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

Mino wrote:I have a suggestion for a new creature: a reflector - it has a 20-50% (based on how big) chance of reflecting half your attack back at you (not all because that seems like too much). So if you use cc or a high AD, you'd risk having half of that damage potential come back at you. And then there could be some kind of potion to reduce the chance of that happening which can provide more side quests.
Mino,

That's not a bad idea. Seems somewhat like a work around so I give it a +.5
:)
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
logopile

Post by logopile »

i don't know if this is doable, but how about for every point above a certain value, (say 50%) your CC is, you lose a certain amount of points on some other stat, such as BC?
Lvl: 54, XP: 2.9M, Gold: 328095, RoLS: 0, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0, ChaR: 0, GoLF: 0, ShaF: 0
HP: 122, AC: 177%, AD: 22-23, AP: 3/12, CC: 49%, CM: 3.75, BC: 146%, DR:0
rocks: 1749
nyktos
VIP
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Post by nyktos »

random brainstorm:

add Critical Damage Reduction, for both players and enemies.
CR = DR x 2, 3, 4...
[spend a skill point to increase mult.]
_______
or
_______

Stone Skin, as a new skill to reduce crit damage or negate criticals
because i dont think it makes sense that mobs can have defensive abilities that we don't

this said in light of the fact that i think crits are insanely powerful
i have never seen crits that high, in past games 20% was great!
but in AT, i have almost 40% @ x3 (another huge ammount) with no skills.
"Embrace the Shadow"

[Lv: 60] [HP: 175] [AC: 361] [AD: 25-39] [BC: 75]
[Dual Wielding Swords] [Unarmored Fighting]
Chest_Rockfield

Pyrizzle wrote:There are plenty of ways that Oskar and the develpoment crew could make the game in the future more challanging dispite ppls ability to get a high cc or cm,

for example:

You don't even need to start over, just equip a non crit weapon... ;)
There are tons of viable non-cap solutions.
Lvl: 162, XP: 77,249,000, Gold: 2,508,000 RoLS: 0, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0, ChaR: 18, GoLF: 0, ShaF: 2
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

Chest_Rockfield wrote:

for example:

You don't even need to start over, just equip a non crit weapon... ;)
There are tons of viable non-cap solutions.
Very true! there is always this combo:
Crude Iron Helmet, Champion's Chain Mail, Wooden Defender.
for a 14+24+8= 46 BC

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

Chest_Rockfield

Yeah, there really isn't anything they can do on the development end to make it harder if they players are willing to spend the time to grind without making the game impossible. It will be up to each player to limit themselves. I should be doing what nyktos does for fun, but my plan is to just play they way I've been playing until the game is over then starting from the beginning. Plus, being 5th on the Highscore list (even though I stopped playing for months when I thought the game was dead in the water before I learned of the form) is pretty cool.
Minos027
android_version: 2.1 - Eclair

Post by Minos027 »

Yea... I don't support the cap idea. I understand that having a high CC can make you a beast (signature) but in order to do that one must give up something else. I chose to give up BC and yes, it does cost me. Sometimes the monsters hit first and subsequently, I die. :( I think it should be up to the player to make that decision. As far as the lvl > 50 folks go, they should be powerful. That is ALOT of grinding and that should be the reward. Also, oskar may come out with a new area that challenges the higher level folks, kinda like the Iquan caves. Anyway that's just my two cents. Thanks.
LVL:28 AC:192 AD:23-24 CC:57 CM:4.75 BC:39 HP:41 equipped: leather cap, villians leather, jewell of fallhaven, superior wood shield, vacors boots, troublemakers gloves, DotSP, and 2x polished backstabbing.
Do not judge based on ignorance.