Shop that trades in Legendary/Extraordinary items

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
Tulkas
android_version: 4.0

Re: Shop that trades in Legendary/Extraordinary items

Post by Tulkas »

Pyrizzle wrote:Okay okay now we have drifted a bit off the main topic:

Shop that trades Legendary and Extraordinary items

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I do like the idea of being able to trade in the counting items (like the small rock, poished gems, etc) in hopes of being able to get the Legendary items.

My one concern: You get the counting items while hunting for the object, once you got one of the Legendary items there is a pretty good chance that at that point you may have enough Counting items to trade in for another Legendary item (kinda Making it Find one, get one free) lol

Cool concept but there are loopholes in this idea.
I don't really like the idea of trading in mundane counting items for L/E gear. "Here, let me give you this pile of small rocks and you give me that Legendary Item." Doesn't seem feasible at all.
Lvl: 196, XP: 13,700,094, Gold: 1,447,699, RoLS: 1, ElyR: 0, RoL: 1, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 0, ShaF: 2, SRoV: 12, VSH: 6, WMC: 0, GoW: 0
HP: 1081, AC: 400, AD: 106-122, AP: 4, ECC: 39%, CM: 5.75, BC: 213%, DR: 4
PK17

Post by PK17 »

The mundane items would only unlock the L/E item for purchase. Not give it to you in exchange for them.
Take a stop by my game thread for some forum fun!!!

http://andorstrail.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4577
Fire7051
android_version: 3.0

Post by Fire7051 »

PK17 wrote:The mundane items would only unlock the L/E item for purchase. Not give it to you in exchange for them.
I would agree with this the mundane items (or kills) would be the way that a legendary item is unlocked. You would still have to pay for it. That way you have done the work and are guaranteed the award.
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime.
Give a man a fire and he will be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
sdevaney
Site Admin
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by sdevaney »

I don't really like the idea of using these items that people came up with as counters in exchange for an L or E item. I think it would have to be based on the number of times you have killed that particular mob that drops whatever L or E item you are after.
PK17

Post by PK17 »

Exactly
Take a stop by my game thread for some forum fun!!!

http://andorstrail.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4577
Tulkas

Post by Tulkas »

sdevaney wrote:I don't really like the idea of using these items that people came up with as counters in exchange for an L or E item. I think it would have to be based on the number of times you have killed that particular mob that drops whatever L or E item you are after.
I agree. What do you also think of using a separate, unique currency for it? (Such as my suggestion of Heart if the Mountain - a beautiful gem). As a developer, your opinion matters the most in the end, and I would love to get some form of Monster Faster respawn (maybe slower too.)
Lvl: 196, XP: 13,700,094, Gold: 1,447,699, RoLS: 1, ElyR: 0, RoL: 1, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 0, ShaF: 2, SRoV: 12, VSH: 6, WMC: 0, GoW: 0
HP: 1081, AC: 400, AD: 106-122, AP: 4, ECC: 39%, CM: 5.75, BC: 213%, DR: 4
sdevaney
Site Admin

Post by sdevaney »

Tulkas wrote:
sdevaney wrote:I don't really like the idea of using these items that people came up with as counters in exchange for an L or E item. I think it would have to be based on the number of times you have killed that particular mob that drops whatever L or E item you are after.
I agree. What do you also think of using a separate, unique currency for it? (Such as my suggestion of Heart if the Mountain - a beautiful gem). As a developer, your opinion matters the most in the end, and I would love to get some form of Monster Faster respawn (maybe slower too.)
Heh oh no my opinion matters least, it is you community members opinions that really count.

The game already tracks how many of each mob you kill so there really wouldn't be a need for a new form of currency to keep track of if we can set up a good in game way of giving the NPC's that information.
Antison

Post by Antison »

+1
I think this needs to be the way it would work, but i think this whole idea is rather silly and would hate to see it introduced. If you want the item so bad then grind for it. It's not like any of these items are required to complete a quest .
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
Tomcat
VIP
android_version: 7.0

Post by Tomcat »

tek wrote:
+1
I think this needs to be the way it would work, but i think this whole idea is rather silly and would hate to see it introduced. If you want the item so bad then grind for it. It's not like any of these items are required to complete a quest .
I also dislike the idea of a shop. But then I dislike the whole concept of having rare and powerful items being acquired only by tiny random chance, rather than as a quest reward. I understand the idea as a stopgap until there are more high level quests, so the waiting players have a goal to work for, but in the mature game, I don't see the point. I'd rather see the items converted to quest rewards as sufficiently difficult quests become available.
Norbert
Lvl:52 XP:2597576 AP:12 HP:124 AC:282 AD:30-42 CHS:27 CM:2.0 ECC:18% BC:132 DR:2
Skills: CS:2 IF:2 Ev:3 Rg:1 DgPro:1 1HPro:2 LtAPro:2 FS-DW:2 Sp-DW:1
Equip: FP BSS JoF RoP PRoB SrpHbk GoLF EnhCH EnhCB
Other: DotSP VD GoW FB TG RoD+6 Oegyth:6
Thystonius
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by Thystonius »

I got one RoLS and it is a very nice ring, but not gamechanging. Got 4% more AC, 1 less CHS, 5% more BC and Shadow Regen. These are nice numbers of course, but one level in AC, two levels in BC and one skillpoint in regeneration and I'd be equal to having no RoLS. Just takes some xping efforts :-)

I do not see a reason for a shop, but changing some or all drops from random chance to a quest with a certain counter (which only reduces randomness but still makes it a boring grind) or a better quest concept, sufficiently challenging compared to the reward, is the way to go if you ask me.
Lvl 74|XP 7,280,442|€ 364,324|2013.08.27
HP 229|AC 238%|AD 46-55|AP 3|ECC 25%|CM 3.0|BC 140%|DR 10|SR
RoLS 2|ElyR 1|RoL 0|ChaR 0|GoLF 1|ShaF 1|SRoV 0|VSH 0|WMC 0|GoW 0
WA 1|HH 1|Clv 1|BS 5|CS 2|CE 1|IF 5|Reg 1|DPS 1|DP 1|SP 2|LAP 1