Alpha test v0.6.10

Discussions of the development process of the game.
oskarwiksten
Captain Awesome
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Re: Alpha test v0.6.10

Post by oskarwiksten »

Thank you everyone for testing! Good things you have all found, please report more of what you find. Spelling errors and bugs are all equally important I think. It's good to know that we are able to resolve these issues before we release it to Android Market.

Also, i'm very glad to hear that the skill system is appreciated. In my opinion, this is something that we will be able to extend in the future to even more interesting skills.

Anyway, I have now posted an updated version, alpha 3, available from the usual download location:
http://code.google.com/p/andors-trail/downloads/list

This version fixes most of the reported issues from this thread, and one rendering bug with Motorola DroidX devices.
Sarumar wrote: #2 Deep Wouns conversation problem.
After giving book back i chooce leave option before giving any potions. When i talk again = thanks for helping and gain some exp without choosing to give any potions.
I am unable to reproduce this. Is anyone else able to reproduce it? Sarumar, do you remember which conversation line you chose to leave from? Which conversation line did Erinith reply with when you re-engaged conversation with him?
Samuel wrote: IMO the order of the skills is wrong. The magic finder skill should not disorder the resistance skills.
Fixed.
tek wrote: In the crossroads guardhouse, Gallain says "Geygard". Should be "Feygard".
Also in the crossroads guardhouse, Minarra says "guardhose" instead of "guardhouse".
Fixed.
Sarumar wrote: This is old, but. In Prim city hall after killed Guthbered one guard still ask to talk him
Fixed. He now says "Can't talk now. I'm on guard duty. If you need help, talk to someone else over there instead."
Samuel wrote: Regarding the duplicate potions problems: Perhaps the old potions should be renamed to "ancient major potion" or something.
Fixed. Renamed the old potions to "Minor vial of health"/"Major flask of health" to differentiate them from the new "Minor potion of health"/"Major potion of health".
tek wrote: I was able to collect experience points from tinlyn with only putting 4 of the 12 bells on sheeps.
There is only supposed to be 4 lost sheep. Did you get 12 bells from Tinlyn? Could you describe the conversation options that you chose in order to get that?
tek wrote: In the final options when talking to landa, the t in thought is missing.
Fixed.
Sarumar wrote: Some another "old" storyline bug:
-Oluag still tells the old story
-Unmir and Gaela still tells the old story
Fixed.
tek wrote: I have another spelling typo. Gauward says "noone". Should be "no one".
Fixed.
Pyrizzle wrote: The monsters in the iqhan cave I approached the 2 side by side and was transported to some weird room. When I went back through the door I was in the hallway again. Weird
That's intentional. See below for spoiler.
See, they hid their secret entrance to the cageroom with a gray curtain. The entrance is just behind that curtain. There might be some story attached to this secret room in a future release.
Pyrizzle wrote: The iron axe in fall haven is on sale for 1gp. Is this correct?
I presume you mean the iron axe sold by Audir in Crossglen. Yes, the automatic price calculation has determined that the stats on it is not sufficient to justify a higher price for it. The axe has AP=6, which outweighs the other stats benefits it has.

Looking forward to releasing beta1 soon. I'm sure there are more issues left that we should resolve first!
/Oskar
oskarwiksten
Captain Awesome

Post by oskarwiksten »

Also, a bit thank you goes out to tek for taking the time to verify the DroidX rendering issue with several versions of the game. Debugging by email ftw :D
Samuel wrote:

Code: Select all

<string name="combat_result_monsterhitcritical">%1$s muss einen kritischen Treffer einstecken (%2$d LP)!</string>
<string name="combat_result_herohitcritical">Dein kritischer Treffer kostet %1$s %2$d LP!</string>
Thanks. Updated in svn now. Will be included in next update.
/Oskar
Sarumar
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Sarumar »

oskarwiksten wrote:
Sarumar wrote: #2 Deep Wouns conversation problem.
After giving book back i chooce leave option before giving any potions. When i talk again = thanks for helping and gain some exp without choosing to give any potions.
I am unable to reproduce this.
Reproduced when
Erinith says "Bonemeal potion..."
Then press Leave
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

oskarwiksten wrote:
tek wrote: I was able to collect experience points from tinlyn with only putting 4 of the 12 bells on sheeps.
There is only supposed to be 4 lost sheep. Did you get 12 bells from Tinlyn? Could you describe the conversation options that you chose in order to get that?
Yes, I got 12 but I am not sure what I did to accomplish this. I do recall him telling me that I needed to find 12.
I still have 8 of Tinlyn's sheep bells in my inventory.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
Antison

Post by Antison »

So if you skill-up the "Combat Speed" once, shouldn't the "Unequipped combat statistics(base)" read "11" for the "Max AP"?
mirajp1

Post by mirajp1 »

how to go to loneford? cant find a way there?
Logic:
Lvl: 38, XP: 1006224, Gold: 69410, RoLS: 0, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0, GoLF: 1, ChaR: 0, SHAF: 0
HP: 83, AC: 219%, AD: 24-30, AP: 3, BC: 55%, DR: -1, CC: 22%, CM: 3
Restore HP/Kill: 2

currently affected by rotworm :D
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

I started a character from scratch with the new update to test from the start.

When starting The quest from Jan to kill Irogotu he asks "Really? You think you could help? hm, maybe you could. Beware of those bugs though, they're really tuff basterds. if you really want to help, go find Irogotu down in the cave, and get me back Gandir's ring"
My 3 options:
-Sure
-Backround
-Bye
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Samuel
VIP
android_version: 2.2

Post by Samuel »

sdevaney wrote:Have only had time to play about 10 mins so far and the only thing I can find is I don't really like the look of the virtual d-pad, I am not sure if it is the shape or just the color but for whatever reason it feels like it doesn't fit the rest of the game theme. What does everyone else think?
Can we gather some thoughts on the dpad design and/or behavior here?
Samuel wrote:
Samuel wrote:4. List of all extraordinary items

4.3 Shadowfang (Abbreviation: ShaF)
Actor condition: on a successful hit there is a 20% chance to apply the actor condition "Minor fatigue" (gives 2 Attack cost and 2 Move cost penalty; reduces Attack damage by 1) to the player for 3 rounds.
Is this intended to work on the player?
I first assumed the attacked monster should be minor fatigued.
Oskar could you please comment on this? IMO the weapon is a little bit weak like this.
Green wrote:Regeneration given by the skill does not display an actor condition icon in the same way that regeneration from the ring does. Not a bug at all but I liked seeing the regeneration icon and it may be ages before I find a ring on my new characters.
Currently the actor condition regeneration is not stackable. So it cannot be used.
However perhaps this should be changed. I would also like to see the same +1 effect and the icon to the bottom right.
Green wrote:Again, not a bug, but a feature request. With all the new shop items I have a much larger inventory than before. Would it be possible to implement a 'sort inventory by type' button so that all rings were put together, all armour together, all weapons together etc so that it is easier to compare them please?
Nice idea.
Bornain wrote:I am assuming that the bleeding wound condition is the only condition that can be stacked?
Currently yes.
tek wrote:So if you skill-up the "Combat Speed" once, shouldn't the "Unequipped combat statistics(base)" read "11" for the "Max AP"?
No. Oskar already stated in this thread, that "Unequipped combat statistics" should be renamed to "Unchanged or Base combat statistics".
mirajp1 wrote:how to go to loneford? cant find a way there?
Just head north between fallheaven and crossglen.
Pyrizzle wrote:I started a character from scratch with the new update to test from the start.

When starting The quest from Jan to kill Irogotu he asks "Really? You think you could help? hm, maybe you could. Beware of those bugs though, they're really tuff basterds. if you really want to help, go find Irogotu down in the cave, and get me back Gandir's ring"
My 3 options:
-Sure
-Backround
-Bye
Sorry, I can't find the bug in this.

Code: Select all

{tinlyn_story_1|Hello there. You wounldn\'t happen to want to help an old shepherd do you?|||{{What\'s the problem?|tinlyn_story_2||||}}|};
should be "wouldn\'t"

Tried to reproduce the 12 bells thing but failed.
Level: 101, XP: 18780586, Gold: 358739
HP: 398, AC: 303%, AD: 84-95, AP: 4, ECC: 12, CM: -, BC: 13%, DR: 0
RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 1, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 2, VSH: 1, WMC: 0, GoW: 0
Samuel
VIP
android_version: 2.2

Post by Samuel »

Perhaps the stacked effect of actor conditions should not result in duplicate condition-icons.
Instead a number could be shown upon the icon.
Perhaps another number could represent the number of rounds left until the condition disappears.

Or the stacking could be indicated by stacking images:
stacked_ac.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Level: 101, XP: 18780586, Gold: 358739
HP: 398, AC: 303%, AD: 84-95, AP: 4, ECC: 12, CM: -, BC: 13%, DR: 0
RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 1, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 2, VSH: 1, WMC: 0, GoW: 0
Antison

Post by Antison »

Samuel wrote:Perhaps the stacked effect of actor conditions should not result in duplicate condition-icons.
Instead a number could be shown upon the icon.
Perhaps another number could represent the number of rounds left until the condition disappears.

Or the stacking could be indicated by stacking images:
stacked_ac.png
I asked for the # of rounds left to be displayed on the icon right after 0.6.9 was released.