Shop that trades in Legendary/Extraordinary items

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
Fire7051
android_version: 3.0

Re: Shop that trades in Legendary/Extraordinary items

Post by Fire7051 »

Thystonius wrote:I got one RoLS and it is a very nice ring, but not gamechanging. Got 4% more AC, 1 less CHS, 5% more BC and Shadow Regen. These are nice numbers of course, but one level in AC, two levels in BC and one skillpoint in regeneration and I'd be equal to having no RoLS. Just takes some xping efforts :-)
Actually there is a difference between Shadow Regen and regular Regen. Shadow Regen works when you are next to an enemy. That alone is huge.
tek wrote:+1
I think this needs to be the way it would work, but i think this whole idea is rather silly and would hate to see it introduced. If you want the item so bad then grind for it. It's not like any of these items are required to complete a quest .
The only way the store would work is if the player did grind for it. If for some reason the player has not recieved whatever item after killing the expected number of enemies that would drop the item, then it would unlock within the store that would cost a fortune to get.

Especially since it is entirely possible that you could grind forever and never recieve one.
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime.
Give a man a fire and he will be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Thystonius
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by Thystonius »

Fire7051 wrote:
Thystonius wrote:I got one RoLS and it is a very nice ring, but not gamechanging. Got 4% more AC, 1 less CHS, 5% more BC and Shadow Regen. These are nice numbers of course, but one level in AC, two levels in BC and one skillpoint in regeneration and I'd be equal to having no RoLS. Just takes some xping efforts :-)

Actually there is a difference between Shadow Regen and regular Regen. Shadow Regen works when you are next to an enemy. That alone is huge.
Ah, never noticed that. Ok, the RoLS is REALLY nice :-) still not a must-have...
The idea of a shop makes the grinding more fair, I prefer questing over grinding though making quests is a lot of work. I am not against grinding either, I love making a super powerful character and with the size of AT as it is now, yu can be done before level 25. With all that I want on my char I need at least level 120 :ugeek:
Last edited by Pyrizzle on Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: took out curse word. Please keep in mind this is a family friendly forum
Lvl 74|XP 7,280,442|€ 364,324|2013.08.27
HP 229|AC 238%|AD 46-55|AP 3|ECC 25%|CM 3.0|BC 140%|DR 10|SR
RoLS 2|ElyR 1|RoL 0|ChaR 0|GoLF 1|ShaF 1|SRoV 0|VSH 0|WMC 0|GoW 0
WA 1|HH 1|Clv 1|BS 5|CS 2|CE 1|IF 5|Reg 1|DPS 1|DP 1|SP 2|LAP 1
Tulkas
android_version: 4.0

Post by Tulkas »

Fire7051 wrote:
tek wrote:+1
I think this needs to be the way it would work, but i think this whole idea is rather silly and would hate to see it introduced. If you want the item so bad then grind for it. It's not like any of these items are required to complete a quest .
The only way the store would work is if the player did grind for it. If for some reason the player has not recieved whatever item after killing the expected number of enemies that would drop the item, then it would unlock within the store that would cost a fortune to get.

Especially since it is entirely possible that you could grind forever and never recieve one.
I'm starting to like the idea of unlocking items in the shop more. Sends to emphasize putting in the work, but still allowing the potential for the reward, albeit at a great cost.
Lvl: 196, XP: 13,700,094, Gold: 1,447,699, RoLS: 1, ElyR: 0, RoL: 1, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 0, ShaF: 2, SRoV: 12, VSH: 6, WMC: 0, GoW: 0
HP: 1081, AC: 400, AD: 106-122, AP: 4, ECC: 39%, CM: 5.75, BC: 213%, DR: 4
Fire7051
android_version: 3.0

Post by Fire7051 »

Tulkas wrote:I'm starting to like the idea of unlocking items in the shop more. Sends to emphasize putting in the work, but still allowing the potential for the reward, albeit at a great cost.
I was thinking of people like Pyrrizle and others when they had killed more than the required amount and still no drop. This would make it so that the person could gain something other than levels for all of that work. The shop would also kill the save reload grind method as it would no longer be at an advantage.
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime.
Give a man a fire and he will be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Tulkas

Post by Tulkas »

Fire7051 wrote:
Tulkas wrote:I'm starting to like the idea of unlocking items in the shop more. Sends to emphasize putting in the work, but still allowing the potential for the reward, albeit at a great cost.
I was thinking of people like Pyrrizle and others when they had killed more than the required amount and still no drop. This would make it so that the person could gain something other than levels for all of that work. The shop would also kill the save reload grind method as it would no longer be at an advantage.
Yea I had to kill almost double the probable amount to get my ROLS. Was awful! And I have always had +2 MF.
Lvl: 196, XP: 13,700,094, Gold: 1,447,699, RoLS: 1, ElyR: 0, RoL: 1, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 0, ShaF: 2, SRoV: 12, VSH: 6, WMC: 0, GoW: 0
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

Yeah i had a very high amount of the counting object too.

after finally getting my ROLS i dropped all the small rocks i gathered in bundles of 25 across the fields of Loneford. :lol:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PK17

Post by PK17 »

No wonder those people in loneford are sick, they're growing and eating rocks. 8-)

Anyway, what would explain how "the shop" got the items. Do they go grind themselves, how did they find out which monster had them? Are they stolen?

Imagine some shady guy in the woods selling some otherworldly equipment.

I would imagine it being in some giant ruins. The native people would exchange them, that also explains why they wouldn't just accept millions of coins.
Take a stop by my game thread for some forum fun!!!

http://andorstrail.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4577
Tulkas

Post by Tulkas »

PK17 wrote:No wonder those people in loneford are sick, they're growing and eating rocks. 8-)

Anyway, what would explain how "the shop" got the items. Do they go grind themselves, how did they find out which monster had them? Are they stolen?

Imagine some shady guy in the woods selling some otherworldly equipment.

I would imagine it being in some giant ruins. The native people would exchange them, that also explains why they wouldn't just accept millions of coins.
I like this idea & why they wouldn't want to accept regular gold coins. Perhaps this shop dealer is enigmatic kinda like Tom Bombadil. Let's explore this further.
only1doug
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by only1doug »

sdevaney wrote: Heh oh no my opinion matters least, it is you community members opinions that really count.
I respectfully disagree.

sdevaney wrote: The game already tracks how many of each mob you kill so there really wouldn't be a need for a new form of currency to keep track of if we can set up a good in game way of giving the NPC's that information.
So dialogue really? Perhaps the shopkeeper can also tell you where to find all of the relevant areas?

Hmm....

Put the Shopkeeper into Vacor's cave (so he is only available after the player has already been to Remgard).

Better Idea: The shopkeeper is a retired adventurer looking for somewhere to set up and needs a secure base, if you tell him of Vacors cave then he will set up there and tell you of his travels and the items he has collected (where to find them).

As you chat to him, your dialogue responces will increase as you kill more of the specific monster type. Once you are at a specified level (I'm thinking double the number you should have needed to get the item) then he becomes willing to offer his item if you have something equally valuable to offer in exchange.
Lvl: 80, XP: -, Gold: -, RoLS: 1, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0, ChaR: 0, GoLF: 0, ShaF: 0, SRoV: 0, VSH: 0
HP: 259, AC: 250%, AD: 63-69, AP: 2, ECC: 0%, CM: -, BC: 30%, DR: 5
Tomcat
VIP
android_version: 7.0

Post by Tomcat »

only1doug wrote:
sdevaney wrote: Heh oh no my opinion matters least, it is you community members opinions that really count.
I respectfully disagree.

sdevaney wrote: The game already tracks how many of each mob you kill so there really wouldn't be a need for a new form of currency to keep track of if we can set up a good in game way of giving the NPC's that information.
So dialogue really? Perhaps the shopkeeper can also tell you where to find all of the relevant areas?

Hmm....

Put the Shopkeeper into Vacor's cave (so he is only available after the player has already been to Remgard).

Better Idea: The shopkeeper is a retired adventurer looking for somewhere to set up and needs a secure base, if you tell him of Vacors cave then he will set up there and tell you of his travels and the items he has collected (where to find them).

As you chat to him, your dialogue responces will increase as you kill more of the specific monster type. Once you are at a specified level (I'm thinking double the number you should have needed to get the item) then he becomes willing to offer his item if you have something equally valuable to offer in exchange.
This is the first version of this concept that I like. I really like it, actually. And a great way to introduce the player to LE items besides just putting spoilers in the forum. It essentially combines them into one big high level quest with lots of non linear choice regarding which ones to go for, which ones to keep or trade, etc.

+100
Norbert
Lvl:52 XP:2597576 AP:12 HP:124 AC:282 AD:30-42 CHS:27 CM:2.0 ECC:18% BC:132 DR:2
Skills: CS:2 IF:2 Ev:3 Rg:1 DgPro:1 1HPro:2 LtAPro:2 FS-DW:2 Sp-DW:1
Equip: FP BSS JoF RoP PRoB SrpHbk GoLF EnhCH EnhCB
Other: DotSP VD GoW FB TG RoD+6 Oegyth:6