Poll: Save-Cheating, and discussion.

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.

What do you think about save-cheating?

I love it! Can't live without it.
23%
I use it now and then.
36%
I use it only in extreme situations, like boss battles.
21%
I try to never use it.
8%
I never use it.
5%
I feel a change needs to be done to discourage it.
8%

Total votes: 39

DarkSavant13
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Re: Poll: Save-Cheating, and discussion.

Post by DarkSavant13 »

Darkwolf wrote:
Pyrizzle wrote:I do not save cheat, if i die and reloaded i would never learn my lesson. If the XP loss really bothers you there is always use the skill to lower the xp loss.

I still say we should switch to an autosave that saves every 10 steps or so (there would be a way to manually save as long as your not in combat)
My one issue with the autosave is that it seems to be more redundant than it is useful.

I personally vote against an autosave. I've had too many times I've been brought down from full health by an "easy" monster scoring 2+ crits in a row. There's no lession to be learned from a luck-based death.
Darkwolf, the autosave would probably be something like from map tile to map tile section (the point when you see a map load), if there were to be one at all (in my opinion). So, if you died from a lucky hit you would just reload at the point at which you entered that map section when loading a game from autosave slot. ;) This would have to exclude saving in rest locations (where you appear upon death) to stop autosaving immediately after death.

So, say that you kill a few mobs, or acquire a legendary item and wish to save. You just exit that map section and it would save your game. But, if you wanted to physically save, you could physically save at a rest spot. This way, if you die, you can load your last autosave close to where you died but not be tempted to save-cheat. ;)
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

DarkSavant13 wrote: Darkwolf, the autosave would probably be something like from map tile to map tile section (the point when you see a map load), if there were to be one at all (in my opinion). So, if you died from a lucky hit you would just reload at the point at which you entered that map section when loading a game from autosave slot. ;) This would have to exclude saving in rest locations (where you appear upon death) to stop autosaving immediately after death.

So, say that you kill a few mobs, or acquire a legendary item and wish to save. You just exit that map section and it would save your game. But, if you wanted to physically save, you could physically save at a rest spot. This way, if you die, you can load your last autosave close to where you died but not be tempted to save-cheat. ;)
Excellent Post! The Pyro approves! :mrgreen:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Darkwolf
android_version: 4.0

Post by Darkwolf »

DarkSavant13 wrote:
Darkwolf wrote:
Pyrizzle wrote:I do not save cheat, if i die and reloaded i would never learn my lesson. If the XP loss really bothers you there is always use the skill to lower the xp loss.

I still say we should switch to an autosave that saves every 10 steps or so (there would be a way to manually save as long as your not in combat)
My one issue with the autosave is that it seems to be more redundant than it is useful.

I personally vote against an autosave. I've had too many times I've been brought down from full health by an "easy" monster scoring 2+ crits in a row. There's no lession to be learned from a luck-based death.
Darkwolf, the autosave would probably be something like from map tile to map tile section (the point when you see a map load), if there were to be one at all (in my opinion). So, if you died from a lucky hit you would just reload at the point at which you entered that map section when loading a game from autosave slot. ;) This would have to exclude saving in rest locations (where you appear upon death) to stop autosaving immediately after death.

And I don't see it as cheating. I see it as good RPG habits.

To paraphrase my hometown: Save early, save often.

I save as often as the game I'm playing will let me. Heck, I did this in Doom's shareware game.
nyktos
VIP
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Post by nyktos »

Darkwolf wrote:And I don't see it as cheating. I see it as good RPG habits.

To paraphrase my hometown: Save early, save often.

I save as often as the game I'm playing will let me. Heck, I did this in Doom's shareware game.
:lol:

+1!!!

[tries to hit (+1) more times]

:evil:
"Embrace the Shadow"

[Lv: 60] [HP: 175] [AC: 361] [AD: 25-39] [BC: 75]
[Dual Wielding Swords] [Unarmored Fighting]
Pyrizzle
VIP

Post by Pyrizzle »

ADDING TO NYKTO'S +1:

Now +2! :mrgreen:

Sarumar
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Sarumar »

Pyrizzle wrote:ADDING TO NYKTO'S +1:

Now +2! :mrgreen:
Hmm, tip for you guys. Use D-pad = no more need to; tap,tap,tap, etc - just press and hold :-) :-) :-) :-)
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1
Pyrizzle
VIP

Post by Pyrizzle »

I don't like how the d-pad handles when moving.

DarkSavant13
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by DarkSavant13 »

Pyrizzle wrote:I don't like how the d-pad handles when moving.
Me either, I never use the d-pad. :P
Wyrmspawn
android_version: 3.0

Post by Wyrmspawn »

DarkSavant13 wrote:
Add me to the list.
Hey guys, I'm back.
pelligrini

Post by pelligrini »

Wyrmspawn wrote:
DarkSavant13 wrote:
Add me to the list.
I don't like the movement a whole lot either, but I now use the d-pad most of the time. I'd probably not use it if my character wasn't at such a high level and I had to worry about what I ran into. Fighting seems to go a lot quicker with the d-pad. I started forcing myself to using the d-pad and get comfortable with it when I was playing it on an HDMI TV or Monitor: http://andorstrail.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1377
Lvl: 95, XP: 15472157, Gold: 741302, RoLS: 1, ElyR: 1 , RoL 1, ChaR 4, GoLF 1, ShaF 1, SRoV 2, VSH 1
HP: 136, AC: 278%, AD: 42-46, AP: 3, CS: 76 CM: 5.25, CC:33%, BC: 130%, DR: 1, UPD: 2012/7/18