v0.8.10 (BWM fill) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.10) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

No Way Back. Black Water Mountaun Inn

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
sunny_ps
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

No Way Back. Black Water Mountaun Inn

Post by sunny_ps »

Hi, i'm lvl 25, and made it up to Blackwater Mountain Inn.
All Healing Poisions gone, no Idea howto go further ?

Any ideas ?
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Re: No Way Back. Black Water Mountaun Inn

Post by Antison »

Have you finished the quests surrounding prime and backwater? Finishibng One of the quests will open up a transporter that brings you down the mountain. Otherwise, still outside the abandoned cabin and fight to get striker and loot regular potions of health from the snowmen looking monsters.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

Kill the snowman looking monsters over and over again and use the bed to heal. You should be able to
1) level up again to make it easier
or
2) collect enough potions to get you down the mountain

We do get posts like this alot on the forum. Maybe there really needs to be a sign or something warning ppl about the dangers of going up the mountain.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Antison

Post by Antison »

Pyrizzle wrote: We do get posts like this alot on the forum. Maybe there really needs to be a sign or something warning ppl about the dangers of going up the mountain.
These types of comments drive me crazy! Don't hold their hand. If they want to go up the mountain, then they do so at there own risk. BWM is just like anywhere else on the map as far as you knowing or being aware enough whether or not you belong in that part of the world. I have said it before, if you are struggling to move forward I.e. drinking potion after potion, you should consider heading back.
Piggy the Slayer

Post by Piggy the Slayer »

I kind of agree with tek on this. I tackled the BWM at around level 27 and it was hard going but I made sure I took enough meat and potions.

Although tek you do seem a little grumpy of late IMHO.
Level:145 AC: 428% BC:170% DR:4 AD:78-90 AP:12 HP:750 BSS.
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

*nods* it was just a suggestion, and it will be suggested over & over again until ppl stop getting stuck on the mountian. Its going to keep happening, it happens at least once a month here on the forums

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

Sarumar
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Sarumar »

Pyrizzle wrote:*nods* it was just a suggestion, and it will be suggested over & over again until ppl stop getting stuck on the mountian. Its going to keep happening, it happens at least once a month here on the forums
+1
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1
Antison

Post by Antison »

Piggy the Slayer wrote:I kind of agree with tek on this. I tackled the BWM at around level 27 and it was hard going but I made sure I took enough meat and potions.

I am not grumpy, I am just seeing more and more comments/suggestions/ideas that IMO would make the game easier. When I first started playing the game it was very difficult and I would die a lot and I loved it for the challenge. I never once when I could not find something or finish a quest come here to make suggestions to make the game easier. The best part of a great RPG is the problem solving and strategy. When the 16 bit & 32 bit game consoles games came out they were focused on graphics and not the storylines and quests. This is what makes AT so great.

All I'm trying to say is embrace the challenge.
m1ltownjuggalo
android_version: 2.2

Post by m1ltownjuggalo »

tek wrote:
Piggy the Slayer wrote:I kind of agree with tek on this. I tackled the BWM at around level 27 and it was hard going but I made sure I took enough meat and potions.

I am not grumpy, I am just seeing more and more comments/suggestions/ideas that IMO would make the game easier. When I first started playing the game it was very difficult and I would die a lot and I loved it for the challenge. I never once when I could not find something or finish a quest come here to make suggestions to make the game easier. The best part of a great RPG is the problem solving and strategy. When the 16 bit & 32 bit game consoles games came out they were focused on graphics and not the storylines and quests. This is what makes AT so great.

All I'm trying to say is embrace the challenge.

+1
LEVEL: 25 HP: 41 EXP: 269646
AC: 189% AD: 13-21
CC: 14% CM: 2.0
BC: 70% DR: 1
RoLS: 0 ElyR: 0 RoL: 0
Piggy the Slayer

Post by Piggy the Slayer »

Was only jesting tek. Personally I'm for leaving foolhardy characters to die on the mountain. If the going gets too tough they can always fall back on the save they made before their climb. If they did not save... a lesson learned?
Level:145 AC: 428% BC:170% DR:4 AD:78-90 AP:12 HP:750 BSS.