v0.8.10 (BWM fill) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.10) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

No more gold drops for non human opponents

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
fiernaq
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Re: No more gold drops for non human opponents

Post by fiernaq »

I still like the general idea. Non-humanoids don't carry gold. I do think that if you were to remove gold drops from them that you should make them 100% chance drop a token of the kill (ant leg or wolf tooth etc) which have 0 value but when taken back to the town could be given to the town leader or a representative and receive gold in return. Another fun option would be to make tokens worth different amounts in different towns. For example, snake skins would be worth quite a bit in Crossglen because they are such a nuisance in the area but try to trade them in at Remgard and they look at you funny and give you a pittance for your trouble. Likewise, spider fangs would net a handsome reward at Remgard but turning them in at Prim would get a laugh and only a small pouch of coin along with a tip that "Spider fangs may be worth more at Remgard."
Level: 58, HP: 102, AC: 295%, AD: 46-56, AP: 2/12, BC: 35%, DR: 4
Gold: 75235 | RoLS: 0 RoL: 0 SRoV: 0 VSH: 0
Skills: IF1, Ev1, Ev2, Ev3, CE1, CS1, CS2, Re1, WA1, HH1, Cl1, HH2, DaggerPro1, LightArmorPro1, ShieldPro1, WA2, Cl2
Equipment: Enhanced Combat Helmet, Serpent's Hauberk, Marrowtaint, Quickstrike Dagger, Remgard Shield, Villain's Ring, Villain's Ring, Leather Gloves Of Attack, Enhanced Combat Boots
Last Updated: 02-Dec-2013
Sarumar
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Sarumar »

fiernaq wrote:I still like the general idea. Non-humanoids don't carry gold. I do think that if you were to remove gold drops from them that you should make them 100% chance drop a token of the kill (ant leg or wolf tooth etc) which have 0 value but when taken back to the town could be given to the town leader or a representative and receive gold in return. Another fun option would be to make tokens worth different amounts in different towns. For example, snake skins would be worth quite a bit in Crossglen because they are such a nuisance in the area but try to trade them in at Remgard and they look at you funny and give you a pittance for your trouble. Likewise, spider fangs would net a handsome reward at Remgard but turning them in at Prim would get a laugh and only a small pouch of coin along with a tip that "Spider fangs may be worth more at Remgard."
+1 I can not say this any better, I love this idea
Last edited by Sarumar on Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1
nether
android_version: 3.1 - Honeycomb

Post by nether »

Sarumar wrote:
fiernaq wrote:I still like the general idea. Non-humanoids don't carry gold. I do think that if you were to remove gold drops from them that you should make them 100% chance drop a token of the kill (ant leg or wolf tooth etc) which have 0 value but when taken back to the town could be given to the town leader or a representative and receive gold in return. Another fun option would be to make tokens worth different amounts in different towns. For example, snake skins would be worth quite a bit in Crossglen because they are such a nuisance in the area but try to trade them in at Remgard and they look at you funny and give you a pittance for your trouble. Likewise, spider fangs would net a handsome reward at Remgard but turning them in at Prim would get a laugh and only a small pouch of coin along with a tip that "Spider fangs may be worth more at Remgard."
+1 I can not say this any better, love tis idea
Same here. Similar to the idea I posted here about trading in useless drops for some type of small reward but I loved how you tied in the aspect of different values depending on where you go.
Sarumar
VIP

Post by Sarumar »

nether wrote:
Sarumar wrote:
+1 I can not say this any better, love tis idea
Same here. Similar to the idea I posted here about trading in useless drops for some type of small reward but I loved how you tied in the aspect of different values depending on where you go.
True, this is not a new one.. but so far no progres /or attention of devs... so it is nice to have another "new idea" post about it... maby some day ...
Sarumar

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

I love this idea, i think upping the drops of items from NPCs would create a great deal of realizm for the player.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

I like this idea too , but I only have one problem with it. "Supply & demand"! Spiders are non-existing in Crossglen so they should be worth more than they would be in Remgard.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
Mino
VIP
android_version: 4.4 - Kitkat

Post by Mino »

I agree with Tek on that one. I always thought items only available in Prim or BWM should sell for more in Crossgen, like the speed potions, poison cure, or bleeding wounds cure. And obviously fresh milk is rare over there :D
Lvl: 206 XP: 159262572, Gold: 1657119, RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 1, ChaR: 2, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 6, SRoV: 1, VSH: 6, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 241, AP: 3, AC: 562%, AD: 116-130, CM: 3.0, ECC: 38%, BC: 139%, DR: 3

QL 25, MF 3

12/26/18
fiernaq
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by fiernaq »

tek wrote:I like this idea too , but I only have one problem with it. "Supply & demand"! Spiders are non-existing in Crossglen so they should be worth more than they would be in Remgard.
Heh, I didn't think of that. I was more considering that with no spiders near Crossglen they have nothing to worry about from them so the village wouldn't care to pay you a whole lot for getting rid of them since you aren't doing them any favors by doing so. I could certainly see both sides of that but the main difference is the kind of item you get from killing the creatures. I think that the kill token should be more valuable to a town currently suffering under that kind of monster but that the other drops (meat from snakes) for example would be worth more in towns that don't have them.

In other words:
- kill tokens that have no value in and of themselves would net a larger reward from towns that have that kind of monster surrounding them. (reward for getting rid of them)
- regular drops such as weak poison or claws would be worth more at towns that do NOT have that kind of monster near them. (supply/demand)
Level: 58, HP: 102, AC: 295%, AD: 46-56, AP: 2/12, BC: 35%, DR: 4
Gold: 75235 | RoLS: 0 RoL: 0 SRoV: 0 VSH: 0
Skills: IF1, Ev1, Ev2, Ev3, CE1, CS1, CS2, Re1, WA1, HH1, Cl1, HH2, DaggerPro1, LightArmorPro1, ShieldPro1, WA2, Cl2
Equipment: Enhanced Combat Helmet, Serpent's Hauberk, Marrowtaint, Quickstrike Dagger, Remgard Shield, Villain's Ring, Villain's Ring, Leather Gloves Of Attack, Enhanced Combat Boots
Last Updated: 02-Dec-2013
Sarumar
VIP

Post by Sarumar »

fiernaq wrote:
tek wrote:I like this idea too , but I only have one problem with it. "Supply & demand"! Spiders are non-existing in Crossglen so they should be worth more than they would be in Remgard.
Heh, I didn't think of that. I was more considering that with no spiders near Crossglen they have nothing to worry about from them so the village wouldn't care to pay you a whole lot for getting rid of them since you aren't doing them any favors by doing so. I could certainly see both sides of that but the main difference is the kind of item you get from killing the creatures. I think that the kill token should be more valuable to a town currently suffering under that kind of monster but that the other drops (meat from snakes) for example would be worth more in towns that don't have them.

In other words:
- kill tokens that have no value in and of themselves would net a larger reward from towns that have that kind of monster surrounding them. (reward for getting rid of them)
- regular drops such as weak poison or claws would be worth more at towns that do NOT have that kind of monster near them. (supply/demand)
+1 nice, now that one are logicall.
Sarumar

Wyrmspawn
android_version: 3.0

Post by Wyrmspawn »

The world of Andor is one of magic, mystery, and monsters... Adding in this much logic into the game might spoil it a bit. Plenty of games have gold drops from monsters. If it really bothers you that non-humans possess gold, just say that it's for upgrading their gear at the monster markets. :lol:

Besides, even if you find it difficult to believe that some monsters like wild boars and rabid dogs are monsters, it would make sense that the rabid boar or rabid dog ate some poor low lv adventurer and kept the gold, right?

I don't see what everybody's so worried about if monsters drop gold. It's kind of like the first of the ten commandments in RPGs. Monsters drop gold when you kill them. Simple and easy. No need to get worked up about where the gold's coming from as long as you get it.
Hey guys, I'm back.