v0.8.10 (BWM fill) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.10) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Old Players with New Characters (strategy thread)

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
nyktos
VIP
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Old Players with New Characters (strategy thread)

Post by nyktos »

tek wrote:I started a 2nd character about 2 weeks ago and cleared the quests by level 22. I then spent about a week grinding for the RoLS, about 770 rocks later I looted a RoLS this morning. I hit level 32 yesterday and spent a few hours doing the clear and reload technique and it was a great success as I have zero desire to level up this character anymore before v0.6.11 is released.

i totally agree with the reload technique for those of us who want a RoLS,
but don't want to be a deity in v0.6.11...

i REALLY wanna get my ring before 40,
so some runs i take the XP some runs i reset.

--------the reason for the thread--------

@tek - im pretty familiar with your motives in the past... so, im curious.
did you build defensively again? now that crits are getting changed, might you be interested?
is this basically the same build as last time, just tweaked because you know more?
sooo curious! :D you always have such strong opinions - i wanna read more about this new build of yours!

@mino - how has evasion been treating you? i have noticed some pretty cool stuff happening...
i REALLY like evasion early, in combination with cleave (also early) [call me crazy - but it's a test build]
but with less chances of getting hit first and being able to get AP when fighting multiples - NIIICE! :D
right? :lol:

@pyrizzle - i know you have a lot going on, but when you catch up...
please share your thoughts on your new chartacter build.
i know your first was heavy on crits - so with the new crit system, i half expect you to drop them from your build.
we hope to hear from you again soon, and best wishes brother! :D (much love)

@everyone - got a new build and... learn / notice/ think about anything new?
please share!!! everyone here LOVES unread posts! (except when they are trying to "catch-up" :lol:)
"Embrace the Shadow"

[Lv: 60] [HP: 175] [AC: 361] [AD: 25-39] [BC: 75]
[Dual Wielding Swords] [Unarmored Fighting]
Samuel
VIP
android_version: 2.2

Re: Old Players with New Characters (strategy thread)

Post by Samuel »

I got a new build. (currently lvl 33) Actually I spend my first skill points... :shock: :shock: :shock: (2 to increased fortitude (73 HP so far) and 2 to corpse eater - still have many skill points to spend) I used every level up point for attack damage. Probably I will use some points for attack chance later.

I have 1 RoLS (after only a few rocks) and decided to kill the bosses this time. (I still will not start any quests, beside bed quests) I did not sell anything but meat. (I only did this in the beginning to gather gold.)
I currently grind for further L/E Items.
Level: 101, XP: 18780586, Gold: 358739
HP: 398, AC: 303%, AD: 84-95, AP: 4, ECC: 12, CM: -, BC: 13%, DR: 0
RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 1, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 2, VSH: 1, WMC: 0, GoW: 0
Mino
VIP
android_version: 4.4 - Kitkat

Post by Mino »

Great idea for a topic! I don't have Evasion yet, I'm waiting for the update for my new game too so I can avoid grinding in the Iqhan caves to level/skill up. But Evasion is next on my list after the 2nd Combat Speed.
Lvl: 206 XP: 159262572, Gold: 1657119, RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 1, ChaR: 2, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 6, SRoV: 1, VSH: 6, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 241, AP: 3, AC: 562%, AD: 116-130, CM: 3.0, ECC: 38%, BC: 139%, DR: 3

QL 25, MF 3

12/26/18
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

nyktos wrote: @tek - im pretty familiar with your motives in the past... so, im curious.
did you build defensively again? now that crits are getting changed, might you be interested?
is this basically the same build as last time, just tweaked because you know more?
sooo curious! :D you always have such strong opinions - i wanna read more about this new build of yours!
Nyktos,

It is so funny that you ask me this as I have fought that urge/desire/nature to go defensively as it makes all the sense in the world to, but I am trying to build around the DoSP and I am going "villain" this time around. For example, I sided with Blackwater & killed Tinlyn's sheep (didn't feel right).

I would like to keep my critical hit chance to no greater than 30%. As far as skills are concerned, I plan to utilize Cleave & Envision in the future and so far I have skill points in the following:

Bark Skin (1)
Combat Speed (2)
Corpse Eater (1)
Increased Fortitude (2)
Regeneration (2)

Current stats: combat/base

HP:96/94
AP:3
AC:172%/100%
AD:19-23/10
BC:71%/24%
DR:1

Legendary items:
RoLS

Extraordinary items:
Unzel's defensive boots
Barbed dagger
Sword of Shadow's rage
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

nyktos wrote:@pyrizzle - i know you have a lot going on, but when you catch up...
please share your thoughts on your new character build.
i know your first was heavy on crits - so with the new crit system, i half expect you to drop them from your build.
we hope to hear from you again soon, and best wishes brother! :D (much love)
I've been super busy so i haven't had much time to play or chat on the forums but hopefully things will get better. I'm trying to get caught up from my phone and my laptop when i am home, but those 2+ pages of threads look daunting.

You are correct. This time around I am not using crits at all.
Focusing on AC & AD to create a accurate heavy hitter

Got Increased Fortitude at level 5, will get it again @ 20, & will continue to get it as it becomes available.

Then will be focusing on getting:
Bark skin
Corpse Eater
Regeneration
Evasion

I will come back to update when i get to a higher level.
------------------------------------UPDATE @ lvl 20-------------------------------
Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:39 pm

Level 20
Combat Stats (current)
AP: 3/11
AC: 141%
AD: 10-13
CC: -10% (LOL)
BC: 57%
DR: 5

Base Combat Statistics:
HP: 40
AP: 11
AC: 100%
AD: 4
BC: 24%

Skills learned:
Bark Skin lvl 1
Combat Speed lvl 1
Increased Fortitude lvl 2
Regeneration lvl 1

Equipment:
Crude Iron Hemet, Hardened Leather Shirt, Necklace of the Protector, Wooden Defender, Ring of Damage +6, Ring of the Protector, Woodcutter's Boots, Gloves of better Grip, Quickstrike Dagger

Still working on building up a crazy defence, right now i am still adding to my BC so i can get my DR up higher. This build will have high DR and HP when compleated. The monsters can barely hit me, BWM might take a lil longer then i wanted but i dont run the risk of dieing easily.

I'm taking Increased Fortitude as soon as it becomes available and have been trying to max out DR before moving onto Corpse Eater and Regeneration, not going to bother touching cleave at all. I still find it to be pointless. lol IMHO

Quests Choices:
Been siding against the shadow on most of the quests so i sided with Vacor, Took the swords Foaming Flask (instead of Vileguard), Killed Buceth, Siding with BWMS *(still not final)
-------------------------------------Next Update @ lvl 30-----------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
nyktos
VIP
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Post by nyktos »

Level 38
Combat Stats (current)

AP: 3 / 12
AC: 215%
[ 225% @ 40 ]
AD: 30 - 31
CC: 41%
BC: 41%
DR: 0

Base Combat Statistics:

HP: 73
AP: 10
AC: 135%
AD: 20
BC: 0

Skills:

Evasion - Combat Speed 2
Increased Fortitude - Regeneration - Corpse Eater 2
Weapon Accuracy - Hard Hit - [ Cleave @ 40 ]

Equipment:
Dagger o' Shadow Priests & Str. Wdn. Tower Shield
Jewel of Fallhaven & Polished Ring of BS x2
Leather Cap & Villains Armor
Troublemaker Gloves & Vacor's Boots

:shock: WHAT?! NO RoLS?!? :evil:

:lol:

back with some insights & feedback soon...
the sandman comes :D
"Embrace the Shadow"

[Lv: 60] [HP: 175] [AC: 361] [AD: 25-39] [BC: 75]
[Dual Wielding Swords] [Unarmored Fighting]
Sarumar
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Sarumar »

After several build I try next non critical charavter with a high DR, HP, Cleave.. and lawfull evil attitude.

I am one of the knight's of Lord Geomur. Yes if you broke the law - like using bonemeals or doing something discuising like eating the corpses there will be consequences....
Last edited by Sarumar on Sun May 13, 2012 3:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1
fiernaq
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by fiernaq »

I'm the guy whot kills sheepsies and whatnot. Also lagging behind everyone else mostly due to the lack of excitement involved with grinding for a RoLs.

Level 28
Combat Stats (current)

HP: 62
AP: 2 / 11
AC: 203%
AD: 23 - 28
CC: 0%
BC: -5%
DR: 0

Skills:
Weapon Accuracy 1
Hard Hit 1
Combat Speed 1 [2 @ 32]
Cleave 1
Corpse Eater 1 [2 @ 36]
Increased Fortitude 1
Regeneration 1

Equipment:
Quickstrike Dagger
Jewel of Fallhaven
Villain's Ring x2
Superior Hard Leather Armor
Leather Cap
Crude Wooden Buckler
Fine Gloves of Swift Attack
Vacor's Boots of Attack
Level: 58, HP: 102, AC: 295%, AD: 46-56, AP: 2/12, BC: 35%, DR: 4
Gold: 75235 | RoLS: 0 RoL: 0 SRoV: 0 VSH: 0
Skills: IF1, Ev1, Ev2, Ev3, CE1, CS1, CS2, Re1, WA1, HH1, Cl1, HH2, DaggerPro1, LightArmorPro1, ShieldPro1, WA2, Cl2
Equipment: Enhanced Combat Helmet, Serpent's Hauberk, Marrowtaint, Quickstrike Dagger, Remgard Shield, Villain's Ring, Villain's Ring, Leather Gloves Of Attack, Enhanced Combat Boots
Last Updated: 02-Dec-2013
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

fiernaq,

Isn't this your first character build, not a subsequent build?
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
kerasi
android_version: 3.1 - Honeycomb

Post by kerasi »

I've started a new character for kicks.

Currently level 10. Every level point is going into AD.

Skill points i'm getting combat points and increased fortitude every chance i get. Every other skill point is going into hard hit!

I've spend the first 10 levels grinding meat and leather boots for cash to buy the jewel of fallhaven, quickstrike dagger and 2x villians ring.

It's pretty fun there's none of the struggle i had originally. Gold is so easy to come by and with corpse eater only working at the end of a fight and regeneration working outside of combat i'm just going to rely on bonemeal potions for health regen. I can't wait till i get to level 30 i'll have 12ap using 2 each attack hitting monsters for around 50hp! :lol: :twisted:
Lvl: 54, XP: 2828096, Gold: 8478, RoLS: 0, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0, ChaR: 0, GoLF: 0, ShaF: 0
HP: 149, AC: 210%, AD: 63-69, AP: 2/12, CC: 0%, CM: -, BC: 31%, DR: 1