Disabilities

A place to discuss anything not related to the game.
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Re: Disabilities

Post by Pyrizzle »

ctnbeh13 wrote:In an attempt to tie this all together in a neat little package, people with disabilities tend to watch a lot of television, movies, play video games, and spend time interacting with the world around them through electronic media such as the internet. As surprising as it may sound, to admit that you spend a lot of time doing any of the above is in your favor when applying for disability benefits. This is mostly true due to a disabled person's limited ability to engage in many common (and often taken for granted) physical activities.
Well said sir!!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DarkSavant13
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by DarkSavant13 »

Pyrizzle wrote:
ctnbeh13 wrote:In an attempt to tie this all together in a neat little package, people with disabilities tend to watch a lot of television, movies, play video games, and spend time interacting with the world around them through electronic media such as the internet. As surprising as it may sound, to admit that you spend a lot of time doing any of the above is in your favor when applying for disability benefits. This is mostly true due to a disabled person's limited ability to engage in many common (and often taken for granted) physical activities.
Well said sir!!
Agreed, and all absolutely true. And that being said, though off-topic but with topic because of ctnbeh13's comment, lol, I like South Park, and not just because of the comedy, but because of the social commentary. If you stop and watch and really pay attention, you can actually learn a lot about what's going on in the world and it helps alleviate the stress of it by making fun of it. There is so much seriousness that comes with what goes on in the world today, especially for people with disabilities, that South Park helps us laugh at what goes on.
Sarumar
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Sarumar »

IMO, the most important thing in life is to learn to laugh at themselves....
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1
ctnbeh13
VIP
android_version: 11 - Android 11

Post by ctnbeh13 »

That's pretty easy to pull off, just stay up for about a full day. You'll eventually become your own best friend. :)
One of even fewer...
phydeaux
VIP
android_version: 5.1 - Lolipop
Location: Gargoyle cavern, blindly hacking mobs to pieces till I find a rols!

Post by phydeaux »

ctnbeh13 wrote:That's pretty easy to pull off, just stay up for about a full day. You'll eventually become your own best friend. :)
Lol, at 2-3 days, you start having conversations with your hallucinations...
At 5 or so, they wash your car :D
ctnbeh13
VIP
android_version: 11 - Android 11

Post by ctnbeh13 »

I had a good system going for a while putting my hallucinations to work for me, assigning them tasks, and such. After a while, I started to question the accuracy of the notes I asked one to keep, and basically just had to terminate his employment. It seemed that every time I went to take a nap and got back up, they took advantage of this situation and left work early. Now that I think about it more, I can't really remember if I let them go because I couldn't count on them, or couldn't count them.
One of even fewer...
DarkSavant13
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by DarkSavant13 »

ctnbeh13 wrote:I had a good system going for a while putting my hallucinations to work for me, assigning them tasks, and such. After a while, I started to question the accuracy of the notes I asked one to keep, and basically just had to terminate his employment. It seemed that every time I went to take a nap and got back up, they took advantage of this situation and left work early. Now that I think about it more, I can't really remember if I let them go because I couldn't count on them, or couldn't count them.
LOL.! :lol: I had a e'er really bad ulcer when I was 18, and got barely any sleep for two weeks. The walls were breathing and talking to me. :P
Darkwolf
android_version: 4.0

Post by Darkwolf »

So glad I've never hit the 72 hour mark...
Sarumar
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Sarumar »

Darkwolf wrote:So glad I've never hit the 72 hour mark...
+1 Im happy for you, becauce the reality is unsure starting somewhere aroud 2 night without sleep.....
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

Darkwolf wrote:So glad I've never hit the 72 hour mark...
Yeah that is really where the weird things start to happen.

I'm an insomniac... I know this feeling ohh too well. can't sleep the clowns will get me... O.o

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!