v0.8.10 (BWM fill) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.10) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Poll: Save-Cheating, and discussion.

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.

What do you think about save-cheating?

I love it! Can't live without it.
23%
I use it now and then.
36%
I use it only in extreme situations, like boss battles.
21%
I try to never use it.
8%
I never use it.
5%
I feel a change needs to be done to discourage it.
8%

Total votes: 39

Darkwolf
android_version: 4.0

Re: Poll: Save-Cheating, and discussion.

Post by Darkwolf »

tek wrote:So do you guys think that while hunting for a legendary or extraordinary item that it is cheating to clear the map(s), then reload :?: I DON'T :!: I haven't done this, but I plan to within the next day or so as I have no attention of leveling past level 30 in my pursuit of the RoL.
No, I don't. It's part of a self imposed challenge.
Tubby Pirate

Post by Tubby Pirate »

The option should be left up to the player. It is not a multiplayer game and me "save-cheating" doesn't affect anyone else. If you feel that it completely ruins the game, then don't do it. Leave me to my own devices.

Also, this game is built for Android which is centered around mobile devices. Like sdevaney said, some people can only play for five or ten minutes at a time like me. Disabling "save-cheating" would turn me and others in the same predicament off from ever playing the game. We would be unable to get anything accomplished in the combined total of one hour playtime we have a day because we have to keep repeating the same 5-10 minutes over and over again.
ScorpionZ

Post by ScorpionZ »

Second.

Welcome to the forum!
Level: 49
XP: 2108290
Attack Cost: 3
Attack Chance: 166%
Attack Damage: 22-23
Critical Hit Chance: 25%
Critical Multiplier: 3
Block Chance: 92%
RoLS: 1
SR: 2945
Bard

Post by Bard »

Tubby Pirate wrote:Also, this game is built for Android which is centered around mobile devices. Like sdevaney said, some people can only play for five or ten minutes at a time like me. Disabling "save-cheating" would turn me and others in the same predicament off from ever playing the game. We would be unable to get anything accomplished in the combined total of one hour playtime we have a day because we have to keep repeating the same 5-10 minutes over and over again.
I do not want to read this anymore!
Edith says I should not be so hard! But I have explained this two times since it first came up in the last weeks and this is the shortest form and the last time.

Noone has to directly use the save function only to be able continue a game adter a break of any form.
Darkwolf

Post by Darkwolf »

Bard wrote:
Tubby Pirate wrote:Also, this game is built for Android which is centered around mobile devices. Like sdevaney said, some people can only play for five or ten minutes at a time like me. Disabling "save-cheating" would turn me and others in the same predicament off from ever playing the game. We would be unable to get anything accomplished in the combined total of one hour playtime we have a day because we have to keep repeating the same 5-10 minutes over and over again.
I do not want to read this anymore!
Edith says I should not be so hard! But I have explained this two times since it first came up in the last weeks and this is the shortest form and the last time.

Noone has to directly use the save function only to be able continue a game adter a break of any form.
And if the phone faults on load up?

The Existance of the current auto-save does not obviate the need for casual gamers to have a save anywhere function on a mobile device. It never has, and it never will.
nyktos
VIP
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Post by nyktos »

we shouldn't worry too much,
cause as far as i know...
nothing is changing.

so don't sweat it.

:D
"Embrace the Shadow"

[Lv: 60] [HP: 175] [AC: 361] [AD: 25-39] [BC: 75]
[Dual Wielding Swords] [Unarmored Fighting]
Darkwolf

Post by Darkwolf »

nyktos wrote:we shouldn't worry too much,
cause as far as i know...
nothing is changing.

so don't sweat it.

:D
As far as we know.

I'm just doing my best to keep a vocal few people from causing a fundemental change to this game that would impact my enjoyment of it.
Bard

Post by Bard »

Darkwolf wrote:And if the phone faults on load up?

The Existance of the current auto-save does not obviate the need for casual gamers to have a save anywhere function on a mobile device. It never has, and it never will.
This might happen but is not needed. All I try to say is, that you can resume play from where you left without saving, because there are people who just do not know this! I also do not want to have the possibility to save anywhere taken away.
Sarumar
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Sarumar »

Tubby Pirate wrote:The option should be left up to the player. It is not a multiplayer game and me "save-cheating" doesn't affect anyone else. If you feel that it completely ruins the game, then don't do it. Leave me to my own devices.

Also, this game is built for Android which is centered around mobile devices. Like sdevaney said, some people can only play for five or ten minutes at a time like me. Disabling "save-cheating" would turn me and others in the same predicament off from ever playing the game. We would be unable to get anything accomplished in the combined total of one hour playtime we have a day because we have to keep repeating the same 5-10 minutes over and over again.
Welcom on the board Tubby,

Hmm.. I have strange feeling that you have not new one in this forum.. Nice first post, but how long you are already visited here ;)

happy hunting
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1
Tubby Pirate

Post by Tubby Pirate »

Hmm.. I have strange feeling that you have not new one in this forum.. Nice first post, but how long you are already visited here ;)

happy hunting[/quote]
Sarumar wrote:
Tubby Pirate wrote:The option should be left up to the player. It is not a multiplayer game and me "save-cheating" doesn't affect anyone else. If you feel that it completely ruins the game, then don't do it. Leave me to my own devices.

happy hunting

Thank you but I am pretty new. I was looking for a game I could download off the internet instead of the Market because I'm in Afghanistan and found this game 5 days ago. I still haven't even made level 10 yet.