v0.8.10 (BWM fill) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.10) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Poll: Save-Cheating, and discussion.

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.

What do you think about save-cheating?

I love it! Can't live without it.
23%
I use it now and then.
36%
I use it only in extreme situations, like boss battles.
21%
I try to never use it.
8%
I never use it.
5%
I feel a change needs to be done to discourage it.
8%

Total votes: 39

Mino
VIP
android_version: 4.4 - Kitkat

Re: Poll: Save-Cheating, and discussion.

Post by Mino »

fiernaq wrote:It's only called cheating because when you die in real life there's no save file to go back to ;)
In real life:
If you fight a rabid dog and get hurt, you have to get a rabies shot.
If you travel through snowy caverns (like on the way to BWM) without even a shirt on, you're likely to die of frostbite.
If you get attacked by a poisonous snake, the poison doesn't suddenly wear off after a few minutes.
When you go around killing everything that moves, you end up with a lot of corpses lying around.
When you go around killing people, you usually get arrested, go on trial and probably end up in jail, you don't get thanked, rewarded, and then given another job. Or you're an assassin, in which case you're still wanted by the authorities.
When your brother goes missing, you wait 48 hours and fill out a missing persons report (in the US anyway).

Lets not turn this fun game into something too close to real life. :D
Lvl: 206 XP: 159262572, Gold: 1657119, RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 1, ChaR: 2, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 6, SRoV: 1, VSH: 6, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 241, AP: 3, AC: 562%, AD: 116-130, CM: 3.0, ECC: 38%, BC: 139%, DR: 3

QL 25, MF 3

12/26/18
Sarumar
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Sarumar »

Bard wrote:
fiernaq wrote:It's only called cheating because when you die in real life there's no save file to go back to ;)
I really think we NEED permadeath.
Count me in :twisted:
IMO... "Save cheating" is only the easiest way to explaind this idea here. English is not so easy language for some os us....

IMO this "save cheating" is just one possible way to play this game and if you like to experienced it in this way.. be may guest. Personally Im agains of this kind of playstyle and I like to see that "save cheat" is impossible in future.

just my opinion...

Happy hunting
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1
Darkwolf
android_version: 4.0

Post by Darkwolf »

Sarumar wrote:
Bard wrote:
I really think we NEED permadeath.
Count me in :twisted:
IMO... "Save cheating" is only the easiest way to explaind this idea here. English is not so easy language for some os us....

IMO this "save cheating" is just one possible way to play this game and if you like to experienced it in this way.. be may guest. Personally Im agains of this kind of playstyle and I like to see that "save cheat" is impossible in future.

just my opinion...

Happy hunting
And my opinion is that, since you can choose not to use it, your desire not to use it should not impact those of us who prefer to keep the system the way it is.

The save system doesn't make the game easy. The game's still hard. About as hard as I like it.

I save the game as often as possible in every game I play. That doesn't make a hard game easy, it makes a hard game manageable.
Treadmore
android_version: 3.1 - Honeycomb

Post by Treadmore »

Darkwolf wrote: And my opinion is that, since you can choose not to use it, your desire not to use it should not impact those of us who prefer to keep the system the way it is.

The save system doesn't make the game easy. The game's still hard. About as hard as I like it.

I save the game as often as possible in every game I play. That doesn't make a hard game easy, it makes a hard game manageable.
+1
Sarumar
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Sarumar »

Treadmore wrote:
Darkwolf wrote: And my opinion is that, since you can choose not to use it, your desire not to use it should not impact those of us who prefer to keep the system the way it is.

+1
+1 to you both ;) , my opinion is just my opinion ;) IMO there is no things like right or wrong on this case.... This is just a game and all of us here are eager to make it even awesome in furure... Please tell me if Im wrong in this one ;)

Happy hunting
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1
DarkSavant13
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by DarkSavant13 »

Mino wrote:
In real life:
If you fight a rabid dog and get hurt, you have to get a rabies shot.
If you travel through snowy caverns (like on the way to BWM) without even a shirt on, you're likely to die of frostbite.
If you get attacked by a poisonous snake, the poison doesn't suddenly wear off after a few minutes.
When you go around killing everything that moves, you end up with a lot of corpses lying around.
When you go around killing people, you usually get arrested, go on trial and probably end up in jail, you don't get thanked, rewarded, and then given another job. Or you're an assassin, in which case you're still wanted by the authorities.
When your brother goes missing, you wait 48 hours and fill out a missing persons report (in the US anyway).

Lets not turn this fun game into something too close to real life. :D
+1 great post! :D
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

So do you guys think that while hunting for a legendary or extraordinary item that it is cheating to clear the map(s), then reload :?: I DON'T :!: I haven't done this, but I plan to within the next day or so as I have no attention of leveling past level 30 in my pursuit of the RoL.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
nyktos
VIP
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Post by nyktos »

nope, back when there were only a few guys dropping the Shadowfang...
this felt like the only way to go!!!
"Embrace the Shadow"

[Lv: 60] [HP: 175] [AC: 361] [AD: 25-39] [BC: 75]
[Dual Wielding Swords] [Unarmored Fighting]
Mino
VIP
android_version: 4.4 - Kitkat

Post by Mino »

Since the "cheating" is from reloading to avoid a loss of XP, or starting over in a bed far away from where you died, I don't think it would count even among those who consider the other stuff cheating.

If anything you're preventing yourself from leveling up faster so its like anti-cheating.
Lvl: 206 XP: 159262572, Gold: 1657119, RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 1, ChaR: 2, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 6, SRoV: 1, VSH: 6, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 241, AP: 3, AC: 562%, AD: 116-130, CM: 3.0, ECC: 38%, BC: 139%, DR: 3

QL 25, MF 3

12/26/18
DarkSavant13
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by DarkSavant13 »

Mino wrote:Since the "cheating" is from reloading to avoid a loss of XP, or starting over in a bed far away from where you died, I don't think it would count even among those who consider the other stuff cheating.

If anything you're preventing yourself from leveling up faster so its like anti-cheating.
+1! LOL! A VERY funny post! :lol: :lol: :lol:

And one I totally agree with, it is anti-cheating. :P

You, sir, just went up higher on my "favorite people on the AT forum" list. You were always on it but now yet closer to the top, lol. ;)