v0.8.10 (BWM fill) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.10) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Ideas for The Next Meeting

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
DarkSavant13
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Re: Ideas for The Meeting... (Sunday, the 24th)

Post by DarkSavant13 »

Sarumar wrote:
nyktos wrote: I think he means added text during combat,
Or more time to read / see what killed you.

How about having a toast pop up before the screen change?

Or, better yet... How about a unique splatter image for our hero?

Example: you take lethal damage...
The hero splatters...
A toast pops up about your unconscious state...
THEN we see the hero getting out of bed.

:twisted:
+1 Excellent, I love this idea :twisted:
+1 Ditto that. ;)
phydeaux
VIP
android_version: 5.1 - Lolipop
Location: Gargoyle cavern, blindly hacking mobs to pieces till I find a rols!

Post by phydeaux »

+1 I agree :)
DarkSavant13 wrote:
Sarumar wrote:

The hero splatters...

+1 Ditto that. ;)
Bard
android_version: 4.0

Post by Bard »

phydeaux wrote:+1 I agree :)
Sorry can't nest all quotes ...
DarkSavant13 wrote:
Sarumar wrote:

The hero splatters...

+1 Ditto that. ;)
+1

Reminds me off the unseen mob attack. which occurs when you open up the inventory and do something that lowers your AP below "min AP to take any further action". The mob attack should begin half a second after going back to map screen.
insink71
android_version: 11 - Android 11

Post by insink71 »

DarkSavant13 wrote:Things I picked up from the reviews on Google Play...

-Disable finger direction (slide/tap) control when using d-pad (maybe add option for that)
-More Lvl 15-30 quests to alleviate boredom.
-More frequent updates, saw A LOT of these, so... (Suggest giving players updates twice as often, splitting the planned update in two. This gives the illusion of more frequent updates even though it is really just the one.)
-Lower Experience Loss (maybe start it at 25% instead of 30%, Failure skill would need to be modified also)
-Retrain Option (allow resetting of skill points every 50 levels for cost, ie. 50k gold@50, 500k gold@100, etc.. Do not allow level up stats to be changed)
-World Map/Fast Travel/Placetags
-Explanation of Combat System ("Game Instructions" talked about in thread)
-Needs Sound stars lost from lack of sound. Some say AT's boring because of it, one guy even says he fell asleep (add Music/Environmental Sound/Mute Sound options)
-Black Dungeons (some say the dark dungeons killed the game for them. Is there any way to carry something like a torch to illuminate 3x3 maybe?)

These aren't necessarily my complaints/ideas, though there are some I would love to see implemented. I just added some basic suggestions for dealing with them. These are complaints/suggestions from the Google Play comments. Some of these items we have discussed here, on the forums, but I thought I'd try to help be the voice of those there that haven't made it to the forums. ;)

I guess you could say that these are subjects they might like to see in the meetings. :D

*edit* Sorry about that. Was concentrating so hard on what those at Google Play were saying, I didn't even realize I was the last one to post. :(
Nice ideas.. I like the torch one :)
Iwa
Wild Boar Poacher
Lvl: 41 | XP: 1241954 | Gold: 1266 | Date:06/18/2012
HP: 98 | AC: 198% | AD: 27-37 | AP: 3
CC: 0% | CM: 0.0 | BC: 107% | DR: 1

RoLS: 0 | ElyR: 0 | RoL: 0 | ChaR: 0 | GoLF: 1 | ShaF: 0 | SRoV: 0 | VSH: 0
duallifes

Post by duallifes »

Pyrizzle wrote:Nyktos:
Pyrizzle wrote:Suggestion:

Adding a dialog box that pops up only when you get a Legendary or Extraordinary Item

"Hmmmm what is this?.... This could be useful." or something to that nature.

I have seen support for this addition and personally would like to see it added to the game. :mrgreen:
THIS IDEA! :mrgreen:
It just hit me, why we cant implement part of this idea like this.
You gained item. (in here you get 1 rare item)
You gained 10 item. (in here you gained 10 items, which the best one is legendary).
So the best item you gain is the color if you get multiple items. otherwise its just he item you get.
"Sleeping by the side of night, holding your hands tight, dreamind of a dream made me so blind. You are just an illusion, you cant be real. Still I gave my heart for you to steal."
Treadmore
android_version: 3.1 - Honeycomb

Post by Treadmore »

So far I haven't restarted a character or gone back to a very early save from 6.10 but through all the levels I have found things can turn into too much of a slog.

With the latest release, for example, with the plaguecrawler things the fight just takes forever as I then the mob take turns in missing each other! And the slog feeling is reinforced by the need to grind for experience points to level up and acquire new skills (every 4 levels - feels too long to me).

Whilst in development this is ok but your meeting could discuss how the final product should balance the slog/grind versus instant reward/kill.
ScorpionZ

Post by ScorpionZ »

An option to impliment as opposed to creating a whole slew of lvl 1 thru 10 quest could be to impliment invisible barriers.

The same barriers that are used to prevent the hero from entering a cave before a part of the quest is complete could prevent a young player from crossing a threshold prior to meeting an experience minimum.

Obviously this won't prevent a weak player from quickly getting killed, but it will prevent a level 5 hero from even getting past the guard to try and enter the Fallhaven prison (for example).

Examples of barriers could follow lines similar to update releases.
Level: 49
XP: 2108290
Attack Cost: 3
Attack Chance: 166%
Attack Damage: 22-23
Critical Hit Chance: 25%
Critical Multiplier: 3
Block Chance: 92%
RoLS: 1
SR: 2945
duallifes

Post by duallifes »

ScorpionZ wrote:An option to impliment as opposed to creating a whole slew of lvl 1 thru 10 quest could be to impliment invisible barriers.

The same barriers that are used to prevent the hero from entering a cave before a part of the quest is complete could prevent a young player from crossing a threshold prior to meeting an experience minimum.

Obviously this won't prevent a weak player from quickly getting killed, but it will prevent a level 5 hero from even getting past the guard to try and enter the Fallhaven prison (for example).

I am not keen on preventing from players to do things.
Ie. lvl 1 challenge? Also, if players can themself decide if they want to go to new area, it gives them the challenge they want. Giving limits before you can move to next area, would propably frustrate some people and think of it as "forced grinding".
"Sleeping by the side of night, holding your hands tight, dreamind of a dream made me so blind. You are just an illusion, you cant be real. Still I gave my heart for you to steal."
DarkSavant13
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by DarkSavant13 »

Treadmore wrote:So far I haven't restarted a character or gone back to a very early save from 6.10 but through all the levels I have found things can turn into too much of a slog.

With the latest release, for example, with the plaguecrawler things the fight just takes forever as I then the mob take turns in missing each other! And the slog feeling is reinforced by the need to grind for experience points to level up and acquire new skills (every 4 levels - feels too long to me).

Whilst in development this is ok but your meeting could discuss how the final product should balance the slog/grind versus instant reward/kill.

I want a slog! :D Is it furry or scaly? Oooooo! What color are they? Can they be trained? Are they smart like a parrot or cuddly like a koala? :D
ScorpionZ

Post by ScorpionZ »

duallifes wrote:
ScorpionZ wrote:An option to impliment as opposed to creating a whole slew of lvl 1 thru 10 quest could be to impliment invisible barriers.

I am not keen on preventing from players to do things.
Ie. lvl 1 challenge? Also, if players can themself decide if they want to go to new area, it gives them the challenge they want. Giving limits before you can move to next area, would propably frustrate some people and think of it as "forced grinding".
It could be implimented such that a player just needs more experience to get there.

Those areas could be blocked by a popup that says something like, "This forest looks a little dark. I'll come back later." Or, "As you attempt to enter, you hear something that causes you to turn away."

Obviously, these are just ideas.
Level: 49
XP: 2108290
Attack Cost: 3
Attack Chance: 166%
Attack Damage: 22-23
Critical Hit Chance: 25%
Critical Multiplier: 3
Block Chance: 92%
RoLS: 1
SR: 2945