v0.8.10 (BWM fill) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.10) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Quickload Button

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
MikeWee
android_version: 4.0

Quickload Button

Post by MikeWee »

Hello there, i have one major issue: please build a quickload button. it's part of the game that you have to reload the latest save REALLY often after dying, and that is NOT very comfortable. You have to press Menu Button-->Menu-->load game every time, which is really annoying. A simple button to load the last savegame directly on the main screen (lets say beside the quickslots) would be GREAT ;)
Zool
LVL 25
Equipped Stats: HP: 66, AP: 3/11, AC: 192%, AD: 21-28, CHS: 11%, CM: 1.0, BC: 53%, DR: 0
Sarumar
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Re: Quickload Button

Post by Sarumar »

Welcom to the forum, it is nice to meet new members.

Happy hunting
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1
Wyrmspawn
android_version: 3.0

Post by Wyrmspawn »

I'm not so sure about quick loading. For one, the button should not be the type that is easily pressed. I'd hate getting an ROLS and then lose it to a careless slip of the finger. And if we put it in a place that is not easy to reach, say a couple buttons later, it would only defeat the purpose of quick loading. We'd have to have some fool-proof button that won't demolish months of grinding. Which means we'd have to put it somewhere you could only reach after a series of button presses. Which would defeat the quick loading purpose.
Hey guys, I'm back.
phydeaux
VIP
android_version: 5.1 - Lolipop
Location: Gargoyle cavern, blindly hacking mobs to pieces till I find a rols!

Post by phydeaux »

Welcome to the forums :)

If you're getting killed often enough for reloading to be an issue of difficulty, you're probably in an area your character is not yet ready for...

Happy hunting!
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

Great points on both replies :!:
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
DarkSavant13
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by DarkSavant13 »

Welcome to the forums, MikeWee. :D

Good to have someone new to the forums letting us know their ideas and suggestions. :)
MikeWee

Post by MikeWee »

@Wyrmspawn: good point, what do you think about putting it next to the save button, with a security question like "Do you really want to load" ? Save enough? ;)

@phydeaux: Lvl 25 on the new areas, no chance to beat em if i'm cursed.
Problem is, on this level, there are no more items to buy to improve the character, to my opinion. Would have liked one new
shop with the new update :( i'm just not into spending months in the same place to get some legendary item, i'm more into exploring new parts of the world at all costs ;)
Zool
LVL 25
Equipped Stats: HP: 66, AP: 3/11, AC: 192%, AD: 21-28, CHS: 11%, CM: 1.0, BC: 53%, DR: 0
DarkSavant13
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by DarkSavant13 »

You should have been at least level 30 before exploring the new areas. Have you been to Blackwater Mountain yet? There should be plenty of quests and areas to explore to get you to level 30before heading into the new areas. ;)
Bard

Post by Bard »

MikeWee wrote:Problem is, on this level, there are no more items to buy to improve the character, to my opinion. Would have liked one new
shop with the new update :( i'm just not into spending months in the same place to get some legendary item, i'm more into exploring new parts of the world at all costs ;)
This is why I vote for an "Easy Mode"!
Darkwolf

Post by Darkwolf »

Wyrmspawn wrote:I'm not so sure about quick loading. For one, the button should not be the type that is easily pressed. I'd hate getting an ROLS and then lose it to a careless slip of the finger. And if we put it in a place that is not easy to reach, say a couple buttons later, it would only defeat the purpose of quick loading. We'd have to have some fool-proof button that won't demolish months of grinding. Which means we'd have to put it somewhere you could only reach after a series of button presses. Which would defeat the quick loading purpose.
I have to agree with this.

How about putting it under "Save" on the button menu?