v0.8.10 (BWM fill) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.10) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Quickload Button

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
Sarumar
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Re: Quickload Button

Post by Sarumar »

Bard wrote:
MikeWee wrote:Problem is, on this level, there are no more items to buy to improve the character, to my opinion. Would have liked one new
shop with the new update :( i'm just not into spending months in the same place to get some legendary item, i'm more into exploring new parts of the world at all costs ;)
This is why I vote for an "Easy Mode"!
There are ways to complete 6.11 areas quite easy with under level 30 builds...
There are not such thing like best equipment in this game...

Think about this, if monster is immune to criticals and have high DR is the dagger of the shadow priest weapon of your choise.... etc...

Different gears and weapons is needed if you like to challenge places like Iqhan cave, demon cave, spider cave, etc whit lowlevel build...

There are severall usefull potion too... ;)
Happy hunting
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1
Bard
android_version: 4.0

Post by Bard »

I've got two RoLS and every other L&E item that was in 0.6.10 and I went through the caves around level 32. It was hard, because my BC was not high enough. So I had built my character the wrong way, for this area. For a hard game I think this is okay. I also see, that most players want a hard game, but what I also see is, that all the discussions lead to a game without choices. The choices left to get to Remgard is, when do I get BC or DR high enough to beat the spiders. There is nothing about tacttics, it's just about the right stats. Because hit and run is no tatctic, but cheating!
The same with discussions about save cheating. Whether it is cheating or not should not be of interest. Whoever thinks saving when not at home or at a tavern is cheating, can just do it this way. As I mentioned when can have permadeath if we want, right here and now without a line of code. It is everyones choice to play further after dying, or abandon the savegame. You can even leave saving and only use the the autosave. That is almost as hard as real life! All you guys and girls who want this game hard, can already have it. You are just going to take possibilities for the ones who want a less hard game. All you are going to do is working on a game that fewer people want to play because there are less ways to play it!
Darkwolf

Post by Darkwolf »

Bard wrote:I've got two RoLS and every other L&E item that was in 0.6.10 and I went through the caves around level 32. It was hard, because my BC was not high enough. So I had built my character the wrong way, for this area. For a hard game I think this is okay. I also see, that most players want a hard game, but what I also see is, that all the discussions lead to a game without choices. The choices left to get to Remgard is, when do I get BC or DR high enough to beat the spiders. There is nothing about tacttics, it's just about the right stats. Because hit and run is no tatctic, but cheating!
The same with discussions about save cheating. Whether it is cheating or not should not be of interest. Whoever thinks saving when not at home or at a tavern is cheating, can just do it this way. As I mentioned when can have permadeath if we want, right here and now without a line of code. It is everyones choice to play further after dying, or abandon the savegame. You can even leave saving and only use the the autosave. That is almost as hard as real life! All you guys and girls who want this game hard, can already have it. You are just going to take possibilities for the ones who want a less hard game. All you are going to do is working on a game that fewer people want to play because there are less ways to play it!
+1.

You, sir or madam, win an internet.
Sarumar
VIP

Post by Sarumar »

Bard wrote:I've got two RoLS and every other L&E item that was in 0.6.10 and I went through the caves around level 32. It was hard, because my BC was not high enough. So I had built my character the wrong way, for this area. For a hard game I think this is okay......

........ The choices left to get to Remgard is, when do I get BC or DR high enough to beat the spiders. There is nothing about tacttics, it's just about the right stats.

I disagree... About of the difficulty of the 6.11 and the meaning of tactic. And IMO, meaning of right equipment is high, when you play in lowlevel character...;
monsters in spider cave and in road to the Remgard have really low AC...If you buy right armour and defensive items, this is ... too easy.. It is all about the tactic, if you like to go here when you have lowlevel build... You can handle 6.11 without any level ups in BC, but IMO in future/ following updates you will need some...
Bard wrote: ......... I also see, that most players want a hard game, but what I also see is, that all the discussions lead to a game without choices.......
;) ....not the most, only some few one of us who are acktive in this forum ;)
Bard wrote:
As I mentioned when can have permadeath if we want, right here and now without a line of code. It is everyones choice to play further after dying, or abandon the savegame. You can even leave saving and only use the the autosave. That is almost as hard as real life! All you guys and girls who want this game hard, can already have it. You are just going to take possibilities for the ones who want a less hard game. All you are going to do is working on a game that fewer people want to play because there are less ways to play it!
... It seems like Im the only one in this forum who is intrested in permadeadt ;) Hmm.... Here is my challenge for permadeath highscore challenge (again):
-Rules, start new game, play until you character dies....Then delete savegame
-Goal, play until the firts death and post here the level....
------ I just deleted level 37 character who dies first time... Are there anyone who like to challenge me on this one :twisted:

Bard.. This is just a game and it is supposed to be funn ;)

happy hunting
Sarumar

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1
MikeWee

Post by MikeWee »

Hm I think we went offtopic in this thread :|
Btw., why would that dagger be good against immune to critical :shock:
Please put some more options on where to put the button or some pros and cons
Zool
LVL 25
Equipped Stats: HP: 66, AP: 3/11, AC: 192%, AD: 21-28, CHS: 11%, CM: 1.0, BC: 53%, DR: 0
Bard

Post by Bard »

Sarumar wrote:Bard.. This is just a game and it is supposed to be funn ;)
That's the point!
I see intentions to take the fun away ...
Darkwolf

Post by Darkwolf »

Bard wrote:
That's the point!
I concur with the Bard's statement.
DarkSavant13
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by DarkSavant13 »

Darkwolf wrote:
Bard wrote:
That's the point!
I concur with the Bard's statement.
Only by some. ;) Rest assured, the devs would never let that happen no matter what some on the forum might suggest be implemented. :D
Sarumar
VIP

Post by Sarumar »

MikeWee wrote:Hm I think we went offtopic in this thread :|
Btw., why would that dagger be good against immune to critical :shock:
Please put some more options on where to put the button or some pros and cons
Here is case;
You can currently attack 3 times and inflickt 3 * 21-28 points of damage. If monster is immune to crit and have DR 10 you can totally inflickt 63-84 -30 points = 33-54

If you switch to Gutsplitter you can attack only 2 times but, land 2* 27-43 so in turn it is 54-86 -20 = 34-66

There are only small difference for you, but in cace of lowlevel build it is huge difference becauce of low base AD

My fried think about this too:
-Balanced steel sword AP 4, AC 32, AD 3-7
-Dagger of the shadow priest AP 4, AC 20, AD 1-2, etc
happy hunting
Last edited by Sarumar on Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sarumar

Darkwolf

Post by Darkwolf »

DarkSavant13 wrote:Only by some. ;) Rest assured, the devs would never let that happen no matter what some on the forum might suggest be implemented. :D
If only WotC would express this attitude.