v0.8.10 (BWM fill) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.10) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Fast travel suggestion

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
shadowdisciple
android_version: 2.1 - Eclair

Fast travel suggestion

Post by shadowdisciple »

Hello, I think that a world map for the game would be a great idea and players would really benefit from a 'fast travel' system so players have the option to fast travel to towns and villages they have previously visited by clicking on the towns icon on the map. Also if possible could you please Finnish the Lodar's hide away quest in the next update? Thank you
Sarumar
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Re: Fast travel suggestion

Post by Sarumar »

Welcom the forums adventurer !

Intresting but not a new suggestion. This game is still a beta and it will develops in any update. Please keep on posting your ideas here and if there something in your mind.. just ask.

Happy hunting
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1
Piggy the Slayer
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by Piggy the Slayer »

I quite like the realism of having to hoof it from say Remgard to BWM. Ok its a long trip but IMO thats how it should stay. Perhaps as the game gets much bigger covering an even larger map area perhaps there could be a couple of time saving teleport stones like the one in BWM. Does getting from Loneford to Prim really take that long? There is plenty of XP to be gained on these journeys. Having said this I can see why some might find this too much of a slog especially if it costs you in healing potions.
Level:145 AC: 428% BC:170% DR:4 AD:78-90 AP:12 HP:750 BSS.
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

Piggy the Slayer wrote:I quite like the realism of having to hoof it from say Remgard to BWM. Ok its a long trip but IMO thats how it should stay. Perhaps as the game gets much bigger covering an even larger map area perhaps there could be a couple of time saving teleport stones like the one in BWM. Does getting from Loneford to Prim really take that long? There is plenty of XP to be gained on these journeys. Having said this I can see why some might find this too much of a slog especially if it costs you in healing potions.
You mentioned realism, I would still like to see it get dark outside as the hero makes the X hour trip from Remgard to Blackwater.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
Piggy the Slayer
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by Piggy the Slayer »

Night and day cycle would be a nice touch. I think it was mentioned before that perhaps different more dangerous monsters could appear at night.
Level:145 AC: 428% BC:170% DR:4 AD:78-90 AP:12 HP:750 BSS.
sdevaney
Site Admin

Post by sdevaney »

tek wrote:
Piggy the Slayer wrote:I quite like the realism of having to hoof it from say Remgard to BWM. Ok its a long trip but IMO thats how it should stay. Perhaps as the game gets much bigger covering an even larger map area perhaps there could be a couple of time saving teleport stones like the one in BWM. Does getting from Loneford to Prim really take that long? There is plenty of XP to be gained on these journeys. Having said this I can see why some might find this too much of a slog especially if it costs you in healing potions.
You mentioned realism, I would still like to see it get dark outside as the hero makes the X hour trip from Remgard to Blackwater.
Piggy the Slayer wrote:Night and day cycle would be a nice touch. I think it was mentioned before that perhaps different more dangerous monsters could appear at night.
There is discussion going on about switching from a software based render to opengl es which would support things like night/day and weather. It would be a HUGE development challenge because a lot of code would have to be completely re-written. Maybe something for AT2 :D
Antison

Post by Antison »

Why not just implement this with a map layer that gradually gets dark, then at its darkest it will start to lighten up again? Thus simulating sun set/rise.
sdevaney
Site Admin

Post by sdevaney »

tek wrote:Why not just implement this with a map layer that gradually gets dark, then at its darkest it will start to lighten up again? Thus simulating sun set/rise.
We would have to cover all maps in several layers of different opacity tile and basically stack them to get the darkening effect and then remove them to lighten it up.

While that might work I don't think it is the best way to go about it because I see it adding a lot to the overall apk size and eating away battery life (depending how often night/day cycles happen).

I think if it gets done at all we would rather do it the harder but better way.
Mino
VIP
android_version: 4.4 - Kitkat

Post by Mino »

First, I don't need too much reality in my game where I can kill giant trolls with my bare hands.
But on top of that, aren't there parts of the world where the sun stays out for months at a time, or it stays dark for months at a time? Just assume that its like that, and while you're underground in some caves, you missed night time.

Or who's to say that the world Andor and his brother live in doesn't always have day time? :geek:
Lvl: 206 XP: 159262572, Gold: 1657119, RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 1, ChaR: 2, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 6, SRoV: 1, VSH: 6, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 241, AP: 3, AC: 562%, AD: 116-130, CM: 3.0, ECC: 38%, BC: 139%, DR: 3

QL 25, MF 3

12/26/18
Antison

Post by Antison »

sdevaney wrote:
tek wrote:Why not just implement this with a map layer that gradually gets dark, then at its darkest it will start to lighten up again? Thus simulating sun set/rise.
We would have to cover all maps in several layers of different opacity tile and basically stack them to get the darkening effect and then remove them to lighten it up.

While that might work I don't think it is the best way to go about it because I see it adding a lot to the overall apk size and eating away battery life (depending how often night/day cycles happen).

I think if it gets done at all we would rather do it the harder but better way.
Absolutely! Shortcuts in software development will always find a way bit you in the rear end. I am not aware of how the map is implemented as I have never downloaded the code base.