v0.8.10 (BWM fill) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.10) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

[F] *New* Formalizing Idea Submissions

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.

Popularity of this idea?

Yes
75%
No
13%
Unsure
6%
Not enough info
6%

Total votes: 16

SuFiC8
android_version: 1.6 - Donut

Re: *New* Formalizing Idea Submissions

Post by SuFiC8 »

Pyrizzle wrote:The original idea is lost when you take it out and all the posts following it do not always make as much sense.

For instance: I like the original posts ideas of tieing in all the bosses from the world into something you can do for a quest, I'm not a fan of all the aditional "hunting" there has been talks about. Because the original post has been edited my post in responce doesn't make much sence or express what i wanted to say.

The easiest thing is to keep changing the top half but keep the OP as is on the post still.
(example)
Like This:

Current idea/Changed Idea from discussion:
bla bla bla

bla bla bla

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~OP~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Original post in it's entirety (UNEDITED)

I agree, after looking @ the conversation on my thread, its a bit out of wack and doesn't make much sense, with the OP gone (my fault :? ) the ideas did need to be consolidated but that can be done once an idea has fully been discussed ( at the end of the thread ) or if a dev requires you to do so if it needs to be presented...
^SuFiC8^
LvL-100 :evil:
ExP-18,083,212
RoLS-0 GoLF-1
ElyR-1 ShaF-1
RoL-0 SRoV-2
ChaR-3 VSH-0
Taledus
android_version: 4.0

Post by Taledus »

Pyrizzle wrote: The easiest thing is to keep changing the top half but keep the OP as is on the post still.
(example)
Like This:

bla bla bla

bla bla bla

So you would rather have the changes descend (newest first)? I thought I was understanding your other post about it...guess not :lol:

Either way to order changes though would definitely help. I am going to keep my OP like it is for the time being (ascending), and just make the correction on the last change.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Added to idea:
:idea: Spiffy emoticons used for noting key changes (Taledus) :?:

:idea: Also I cannot remember if I said something in a previous post (too lazy to look), but Game Mechanics would not have a sticky template...ideas being discussed in that sub-forum is stuff that would essentially change an entire aspect of the engine (i.e. paperdolling, crafting, map weather layer, combat calculations, etc). There would really be no way to have a template for an idea that could potentially be anything.

:?: Also, you have your list of already suggested ideas...you could just keep updating that, or have another sticky in each sub-forum that covers the accepted/rejected ideas for that sub-forum. (probably need another moderator for the sole purpose of keeping stuff updated)
nyktos
VIP
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Post by nyktos »

working on the new Mod thing.,
just taking my time...
you know - haste, waste & whatnot.

anyway, today should be a productive one...
let's see where this goes!

8-)
"Embrace the Shadow"

[Lv: 60] [HP: 175] [AC: 361] [AD: 25-39] [BC: 75]
[Dual Wielding Swords] [Unarmored Fighting]
nether
android_version: 3.1 - Honeycomb

Post by nether »

SuFiC8 wrote:
Pyrizzle wrote:The original idea is lost when you take it out and all the posts following it do not always make as much sense.

For instance: I like the original posts ideas of tieing in all the bosses from the world into something you can do for a quest, I'm not a fan of all the aditional "hunting" there has been talks about. Because the original post has been edited my post in responce doesn't make much sence or express what i wanted to say.

The easiest thing is to keep changing the top half but keep the OP as is on the post still.
(example)
Like This:

bla bla bla

bla bla bla

I agree, after looking @ the conversation on my thread, its a bit out of wack and doesn't make much sense, with the OP gone (my fault :? ) the ideas did need to be consolidated but that can be done once an idea has fully been discussed ( at the end of the thread ) or if a dev requires you to do so if it needs to be presented...

some ideas such are yours weren't as long when it came the OP so the original idea wasn't really lost for you, just reworded. It's still the same thing in a sense. For longer posts though, I agree.
Thystonius
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by Thystonius »

Since I am in the field of Innovation I cannot agree more to structure the ideation process. Seems the time is right. Too many ideas are just sitting on the board or repeatedly submitted if this is not done. +1 for sure.
Lvl 74|XP 7,280,442|€ 364,324|2013.08.27
HP 229|AC 238%|AD 46-55|AP 3|ECC 25%|CM 3.0|BC 140%|DR 10|SR
RoLS 2|ElyR 1|RoL 0|ChaR 0|GoLF 1|ShaF 1|SRoV 0|VSH 0|WMC 0|GoW 0
WA 1|HH 1|Clv 1|BS 5|CS 2|CE 1|IF 5|Reg 1|DPS 1|DP 1|SP 2|LAP 1