v0.8.10 (BWM fill) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.10) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

World Name

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.

Do you think the world of Andor's trail needs a name?

Yes!
55%
No...
4%
I like it without one
9%
It's not necessary
4%
I don't care, but it would be nice
27%
Not sure
2%

Total votes: 56

nyktos
VIP
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Re: World Name

Post by nyktos »

i wouldn't be surprised if Oskar already had a name...

:D
"Embrace the Shadow"

[Lv: 60] [HP: 175] [AC: 361] [AD: 25-39] [BC: 75]
[Dual Wielding Swords] [Unarmored Fighting]
Kruncha
android_version: 4.0

Post by Kruncha »

nyktos wrote:i wouldn't be surprised if Oskar already had a name...

Yeah, could be 'Oskarland' :shock:

K.
Shadow is faster than light - how else can it get out of the way?
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

Taledus wrote:I don't think a lot of thought was initially put into this entire project
Are you kidding :?: :!:
I know Oskar had and has put in a great deal of thought into this entire project.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
nyktos
VIP

Post by nyktos »

indeed, while some things are still up in the air & malleable...
other things have remainded solid & unchanging since day one.

Oskar said he was looking to join a project, but ended up starting one...
because he couldn't find what he was looking for.

since then the team has been growing slowly, but surely...
true to it's open source nature.

while we maintain professional attitudes, we don't really run like a company...
and the lack of hours we can actually spend working on AT in a week
may cause the view of the development process to be a little distorted.

when more of the main storyline comes out,
(and the content that must accompany it)
you will see what i mean!

:twisted:

the vision for the future is solid,
but we remain open to any and all ideas...
at least just to consider.

"Embrace the Shadow"

Taledus

Post by Taledus »

tek wrote:
Taledus wrote:I don't think a lot of thought was initially put into this entire project
I know Oskar had and has put in a great deal of thought into this entire project.
Okay,I probably could have phrased that slightly better:

"I don't think a lot of thought was ever written down for this entire project."

Don't get me wrong, this game is great, but the community is better. This game has tons of support even though it is unfinished, and not listing a lot of critical information in order to garner more fluid development methods from everybody that is volunteering time, kinda hampers areas that should not be falling behind.

But this is just my opinion of things...and you know what they say about opinions, right? :D
nyktos
VIP

Post by nyktos »

no worries!

i was just trying to point out that you were both correct,
in a manner of speaking...

and it is very similar to a topic i was discussing with Stephen earlier,
so it was easy to just keep typing about it.

hope i didn't sound like i was ranting!

:lol:

just thinking out loud

:twisted:
"Embrace the Shadow"

Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

tek wrote:
+10!

There is more going on behind the scenes then we can share with everyone. Oskar has a great idea of where he wants this game to go in the future.

Long live Pyrotopia! (hahahahaha :lol: hahahahahaha)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Taledus

Post by Taledus »

Pyrizzle wrote:
tek wrote:
+10!

There is more going on behind the scenes then we can share with everyone. Oskar has a great idea of where he wants this game to go in the future.

Long live Pyrotopia! (hahahahaha :lol: hahahahahaha)
Great...too bad none of them have been written down for the other ideas that the community is throwing out there to coordinate with...

I think instead of requesting generalized ideas, it should be explicitly defined that the community is limited to only suggesting additional Items/Quests/Maps...this would allieviate the need for all the other ideas that are obviously conflicting with the "well developed plan" :roll:
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

Taledus wrote:Great...too bad none of them have been written down for the other ideas that the community is throwing out there to coordinate with...

I think instead of requesting generalized ideas, it should be explicitly defined that the community is limited to only suggesting additional Items/Quests/Maps...this would allieviate the need for all the other ideas that are obviously conflicting with the "well developed plan" :roll:
I'm not saying in any way shape or form to not to suggest new ideas. We have built off of suggestions from players and will continue to do so in the future.

Since nothing is set in stone, all ideas and concepts are subject to change at any time.

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

Taledus

Post by Taledus »

Pyrizzle wrote: There is more going on behind the scenes then we can share with everyone. Oskar has a great idea of where he wants this game to go in the future.
Pyrizzle wrote: Since nothing is set in stone, all ideas and concepts are subject to change at any time.
Which is it, the game has a direction with documentation, or nothing is written down and everything is based off of coin flips?

I strongly believe you have misunderstood where I have been coming from this whole time. If you will look at the new wiki (link should be in your PM's) that is the closest that things have been tied together for the public in any manner. Don't get me wrong, there is some information scattered across the boards, but the development structure is completely lost from all aspects.

This game is open source, yet this forum is designed for garnering new ideas from players to include with the main game, not an off shoot. While I am sure there are things going on behind the scenes regarding the main storyline, other aspects have been completely left off from any form of documentation...in and which I have pointed out numerous times, and provided the opportunity to address with assisting with the new wiki. However, there is still a lot that need to be defined, which I plan on posting on the stuff to bring up on the Sept. 9th meeting...I just have a few more pages of issues to address and I will have everything ready to post.