v0.8.10 (BWM fill) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.10) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

avoiding negative conditions - evasion vs resistances

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Re: avoiding negative conditions - evasion vs resistances

Post by Pyrizzle »

Starting in the next update regeneration will take effect during combat, which in my opinion makes it more useful that corpse eater.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sarumar
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Sarumar »

Pyrizzle wrote:Starting in the next update regeneration will take effect during combat, which in my opinion makes it more useful that corpse eater.
... hymm. nice point my fried friend, but in cace of "shiva" kind of build's .. There are not second combat round. . :twisted:
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1
fiernaq
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by fiernaq »

I'll probably still take CE on future builds but I do agree that for low level players Regen will become king. I'll likely just change the order I get them in though. Take CE at 32 and Regen at 8 or 20 instead of CE at 20 and Regen at 32.
Level: 58, HP: 102, AC: 295%, AD: 46-56, AP: 2/12, BC: 35%, DR: 4
Gold: 75235 | RoLS: 0 RoL: 0 SRoV: 0 VSH: 0
Skills: IF1, Ev1, Ev2, Ev3, CE1, CS1, CS2, Re1, WA1, HH1, Cl1, HH2, DaggerPro1, LightArmorPro1, ShieldPro1, WA2, Cl2
Equipment: Enhanced Combat Helmet, Serpent's Hauberk, Marrowtaint, Quickstrike Dagger, Remgard Shield, Villain's Ring, Villain's Ring, Leather Gloves Of Attack, Enhanced Combat Boots
Last Updated: 02-Dec-2013
Spark
android_version: 4.3

Post by Spark »

Pyrizzle wrote:I used to not be a big fan of Evasion but it has won me over while i started my Hard Hitter build (high AC, AD, & Evasion)

Being able to get the first hit in more often than not does save you a lot of money/time, expecially during gameplay early on.
What is more valuable 4 skills in Evasion or 4 skills in Dodge - 36 BC?
Image lvl: 34, HP: 79, AC: 231%, AD: 19-27, AP: 2/12, BC: 22%, Move Cost 4
Equipment: QsD, JoF, Villian's ring2, Villian's armor, HPG, Coward's boots, Fine green hat, Wooden defender
Skills: IF2, Ev3, Re1, CS2
Pyrizzle
VIP

Post by Pyrizzle »

Well that does depend on your build.

36BC is a good chunk (the equivalent of 12 level up bonuses), with enough BC you won't have to worry about the NPCs hitting you often

but having 4 SP in Evasion does make it so you will get the first swing and can get away from tough situations (fantastic skill for when your AD is high and you can take out NPCs in one turn)

Spark

Post by Spark »

Mino wrote:
It can also be helpful if you get inflicted with a condition, you can heal while you wait it out or to counter the effect of poison. Our you can heal while waiting for a respawn if grinding for a rare item or XP.
I'm not sure is this game mechanic or my superstition.
But it seems to me, regeneration helps chose time for attack.
When you start approaching monster just after regeneration have worked there is greater chance monster will not attack first, because it already used its action in this turn. Otherwise you could approach just when it has free action to attack.
Equipment: QsD, JoF, Villian's ring2, Villian's armor, HPG, Coward's boots, Fine green hat, Wooden defender
Pyrizzle
VIP

Post by Pyrizzle »

My best guess would be that it is superstition and not actual game mechanics.

You can turn on the Confirm Attack and that can help as well. =)

Happy hunting adventurers!

fiernaq
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by fiernaq »

Spark wrote:What is more valuable 4 skills in Evasion or 4 skills in Dodge - 36 BC?
What Pyrizzle said. That depends on your build. For my build, 3 in Evasion is far better than 3 in Dodge but that 4th point into Evasion really isn't that great for me (all I gain is +5% chance to flee). There are other builds, though, where that extra 27-36 BC would come in really handy. Once you get up to around 150% BC Evasion becomes rather silly since mobs are going to miss a good chunk of the time even if they do get to attack first.
Level: 58, HP: 102, AC: 295%, AD: 46-56, AP: 2/12, BC: 35%, DR: 4
Gold: 75235 | RoLS: 0 RoL: 0 SRoV: 0 VSH: 0
Skills: IF1, Ev1, Ev2, Ev3, CE1, CS1, CS2, Re1, WA1, HH1, Cl1, HH2, DaggerPro1, LightArmorPro1, ShieldPro1, WA2, Cl2
Equipment: Enhanced Combat Helmet, Serpent's Hauberk, Marrowtaint, Quickstrike Dagger, Remgard Shield, Villain's Ring, Villain's Ring, Leather Gloves Of Attack, Enhanced Combat Boots
Last Updated: 02-Dec-2013
Pyrizzle
VIP

Post by Pyrizzle »

Another thing to keep in mind about evasion is that it doesn't have an effect on NPCs attacking you once you are already in combat with an NPC (the swarming NPCs will swarm you w/ or w/o evasion) \

It does help when you get swarmed and need to make a quick getaway. =)

I'd probably take the 3 in Dodge if my only choices were Dodge or Evasion, but with all the Skill open i would definitely invest my points in something else. =)

Spark

Post by Spark »

Pyrizzle wrote:Another thing to keep in mind about evasion is that it doesn't have an effect on NPCs attacking you once you are already in combat
Yes, but with evasion you can restart combat multiple times. This theoretically is very powerful. Unfortunately, lack of control doesn't let to implement this power in game.
So now my character enjoys oh his invisible theoretical powers. :mrgreen:

By the way are there not moving monsters in game?